Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell (1390 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / "Jonathan Will Suffer Massive Disgrace In 2015" - Prophet Marcus Korede Tibetan / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 14, 2014
I am not an atheist and never planning on becoming one. The reason I created this thread Is because I have thought about this for quite some time and I have always wanted an answer.
The Bible describes God as compassionate, caring and loving. The bible also says that those who don't accept Jesus and submit to him will go to hell.
So my question is would a loving God be ok to watch his beautiful creations suffer in hell for all of eternity. Have in mind that many people are born into different families, religions and environments which have a good role to play in them making heaven or not.
Take for instance a child born in saudi arabia into a strict muslim family. He goes to high school and university there and lives most of his life there. Although he might have heard the gospel one time or the other, do you just expect him to just throw away his customs and religion that has been embedded into his mind, soul and body and just turn to Christianity just like that. Let's just say at the age of 25 he has a fatal accident and dies of course most Christians would say hell is the place for him because he didn't accept christ while alive. Would God be ok with seeing that lovely creation of his burn in hell?,someone who really didn't have a choice. You can also use the same scenario for other people from other religions and countries
When Jesus was on earth he demonstrated love and compassion so great it didn't equal that of any man. Will Jesus be comfortable seeing billions of humans roast in hell for ever and ever. I know some people deserve the punishment but is it every one who deserves that sort of suffering.
Henry served God and lived righteous all his life and just 2 hours to his death he tells a lie in his workin place. Would God be happy to see henry who had been so faithful to him weep and burn in hell for ever?
The bible tells us that we are created in the image of God. So let's use this example. If you have ever had a child, you would understand the point I am driving at. I don't think even the parents of mass murderers would even want to see their children experience torture of any kind. No parent would want to see their children experience everlasting torture despite the crime. We are all Gods children and creations no matter the race. Would God be comfortable seeing his beautiful children suffer in hell for all eternity?
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by SeverusSnape(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2014
I've asked that same question to my religious friends (especially the Christians), Will my father roast me just because I erred...What about God who they say is all loving and most merciful?, come to think of it, we humans only sentence criminals to jail terms after some times, they're released... How will someone who only stole or insulted or lust/committed adultery be in the same place with the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong, Idi Amin etc... It baffles me, These are not questions for the gods; these are questions for us (most especially religious folks ).
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by italo: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2014
smartshadow:
I am not an atheist and never planning on becoming one. The reason I created this thread Is because I have thought about this for quite some time and I have always wanted an answer.
The Bible describes God as compassionate, caring and loving. The bible also says that those who don't accept Jesus and submit to him will go to hell.
So my question is would a loving God be ok to watch his beautiful creations suffer in hell for all of eternity. Have in mind that many people are born into different families, religions and environments which have a good role to play in them making heaven or not.
Take for instance a child born in saudi arabia into a strict muslim family. He goes to high school and university there and lives most of his life there. Although he might have heard the gospel one time or the other, do you just expect him to just throw away his customs and religion that has been embedded into his mind, soul and body and just turn to Christianity just like that. Let's just say at the age of 25 he has a fatal accident and dies of course most Christians would say hell is the place for him because he didn't accept christ while alive. Would God be ok with seeing that lovely creation of his burn in hell?,someone who really didn't have a choice. You can also use the same scenario for other people from other religions and countries
When Jesus was on earth he demonstrated love and compassion so great it didn't equal that of any man. Will Jesus be comfortable seeing billions of humans roast in hell for ever and ever. I know some people deserve the punishment but is it every one who deserves that sort of suffering.
Henry served God and lived righteous all his life and just 2 hours to his death he tells a lie in his workin place. Would God be happy to see henry who had been so faithful to him weep and burn in hell for ever?
The bible tells us that we are created in the image of God. So let's use this example. If you have ever had a child, you would understand the point I am driving at. I don't think even the parents of mass murderers would even want to see their children experience torture of any kind. No parent would want to see their children experience everlasting torture despite the crime. We are all Gods children and creations no matter the race. Would God be comfortable seeing his beautiful children suffer in hell for all eternity?

Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

"Outside the Church there is no salvation"

846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers? Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by italo: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2014
SeverusSnape:
I've asked that same question to my religious friends (especially the Christians), Will my father roast me just because I erred...What about God who they say is all loving and most merciful?, come to think of it, we humans only sentence criminals to jail terms after some times, they're released... How will someone who only stole or insulted or lust/committed adultery be in the same place with the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong, Idi Amin etc... It baffles me, These are not questions for the gods; these are questions for us (most especially religious folks ).

It is not the Father roasting the son, it is the son rejecting and denouncing the Father's love and choosing hell.

The Father allows you to have your choice.
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by SeverusSnape(m): 9:48am On Dec 14, 2014
italo:

It is not the Father roasting the son, it is the son rejecting and denouncing the Father's love and choosing hell.
what??!...There is no justification whatsoever for one to roast his child in an fiery furnace, None!

Can you do the same to your child??

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 14, 2014
It seems the Gods have a lot to learn from us.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by CANTICLES: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2014
Dont mind these trashes called "Religion"

We are created in God's image .... And no NORMAL human parent will roast his child in the incinerator ! Infact fellow humans will label any parent that does so as "CRUEL" AND "WICKED" ...... The Govt can even sentence such a parent to Jail !!!!

Will GOD DO WHAT NO NORMAL HUMAN PARENT WILL DO ?

" they ( apostate isrealites) ...... burn their sons and daughters In The Fire ,SOMETHING that I had not commanded and that had NEVER come into my heart" - Jer 7:31

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by johnydon22(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2014
italo:

The Father allows you to have your choice.
who created that hell in the first place and for what reason...
please answer me this question sincerely IF YOUR SON DENOUNCES OR REJECTS YOU, WILL YOU BURN HIM IF YOU GET THE CHANCE?...
am sure ur earthly father here has a special burning room where he will throw u if u eventually reject or denounce him right. No he doesnt but ur heavenly father does yet the heavenly father loves better and is revered more than the earthly father... smh..

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 14, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Exactly
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
Okay?
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
I think what the op posted leaves u in a dilemma if you think it through
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by torchwave: 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2014
Op, in all honesty, I wish there was no hell for sinners. I wish it was only for a certain time but not forever.

But, the will of God will stand. That is why we warn people and plead with them to turn from their sins and follow Christ because just as God is a very loving God, He is also a very severe God.

Remember the days of Noah, God was patient enough to let people go into the Ark. That was His love. When they refused, and the appointed time came to destroy the world, He shut the Ark and made the rain kill every living thing. People must have furiously pounded on the doors of the Ark but there was no longer grace for them. That was His severity.

Eternity in hell is no joke. It is worth avoiding at all costs.

The picture of someone lying 2 hours to His death and being condemned in hell for it may not be realistic because it may take only one sincere word like 'Jesus' or even a sigh to have repented before giving up his ghost. Moreover, when God writes one's name in the Book of Life, He doesn't automatically erase the name immediately a person commits sin. He gives the person time to repent but when that person does not repent then God erases his name from the Book of Life. Anyone whose name is found in the Book of Life makes heaven.
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by torchwave: 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2014
About those who were brought up in strict Islamic or other religious environments, it is rather unfortunate but they are also without excuse if they die without accepting Christ.

Reason is there are thousands of former Muslims brought up under the same teaching and environment who accepted Christ and many suffered as a result of their choice while many were killed for becoming followers of Christ. They, like others, heard about Christ but they CHOSE to accept Him because their spirits did not resist the nudgings of the Holy Spirit in them to accept Jesus Christ into their hearts.

Op, I'm even more worried about people who never even heard about Jesus Christ. Will they also be condemned with people who heard but refused to believe? That is one question I don't know the answer. However, I believe God is just and He will be just in judging them.
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
There is no HELL FIRE , it is a religious fabrication used by the church leaders to control the masses and rob them blind.

Ignore the fanatics who will rush in here to spout nonsense about eternal torment.

The wages of sin is DEATH, Period.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
frosbel:
There is no HELL FIRE , it is a religious fabrication used by the church leaders to control the masses and rob them blind.

Ignore the fanatics who will rush in here to spout nonsense about eternal torment.

The wages of sin is DEATH, Period.

Really?
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by dolphinheart(m): 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2014
torchwave:
About those who were brought up in strict Islamic or other religious environments, it is rather unfortunate but they are also without excuse if they die without accepting Christ.

Reason is there are thousands of former Muslims brought up under the same teaching and environment who accepted Christ and many suffered as a result of their choice while many were killed for becoming followers of Christ. They, like others, heard about Christ but they CHOSE to accept Him because their spirits did not resist the nudgings of the Holy Spirit in them to accept Jesus Christ into their hearts.

Op, I'm even more worried about people who never even heard about Jesus Christ. Will they also be condemned with people who heard but refused to believe? That is one question I don't know the answer. However, I believe God is just and He will be just in judging them.

If you are told the answer, would you believe, cus the answer to that affect your view on what happens to man when he dies.
God is justice
God is compassionate
God is merciful to those who repent
Most importantly, God is Love.

Would a god that has such attribute now condemn some people to evalasting torment lasting billions and billions of years because they sinned during their initial 30 to 70 years of existence?
Remember this sinners are not perfect

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by CANTICLES: 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
torchwave:
[i]Op, in all honesty, I wish there was no hell for sinners. I wish it was only for a certain time but not forever.

But, the will of God will stand. That is why we warn people and plead with them to turn from their sins and follow Christ because just as God is a very loving God, He is also a very severe God.

Remember the days of Noah, God was patient enough to let people go into the Ark. That was His love. When they refused, and the appointed time came to destroy the world, He shut the Ark and made the rain kill every living thing. People must have furiously pounded on the doors of the Ark but there was no longer grace for them. That was His severity.

Gentleman ... Go and vomit the fictional hell theory

The people of Noah's day dont av an immortal soul that can travel to such heretic fictional hell ( eze 18:4) .... The scriptures never said they went there !

Jesus narrates that " the flood came and swept them all away" - Matt 24:39 !
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by torchwave: 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
dolphinheart:

If you are told the answer, would you believe, cus the answer to that affect your view on what happens to man when he dies.
God is justice
God is compassionate
God is merciful to those who repent
Most importantly, God is Love.

Would a god that has such attribute now condemn some people to evalasting torment lasting billions and billions of years because they sinned during their initial 30 to 70 years of existence?
Remember this sinners are not perfect
God is not a man that He should lie. He means what He says even if it is difficult for you to accept it.

God does not judge on the basis of years of existence on earth in order to reward with eternal life or eternal punishment. All that is important to God is if you accepted His Son, Jesus Christ, before you died. It doesn't matter if you lived for only 12 years or 30 years or even 100 years.

Yes, God is love. That is why His grace is still available. But it is a great deception of the devil to assume that God's love makes it impossible for Him to punish the unrighteous. That is what the devil wants you to believe...and as long as you think like that the devil is happy.

GOD IS INDEED LOVE BUT HE IS ALSO VERY TERRIBLE.
THE FEAR OF GOD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM.

Apostle Paul said, "Knowing the severity of God we warn men."

My friend, God means what He says and He said the righteous will be rewarded with everlasting life while the sinners will be punished with everlasting torment along with the Devil and his demons...forever and ever.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by torchwave: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
CANTICLES:

Gentleman ... Go and vomit the fictional hell theory

The people of Noah's day dont av an immortal soul that can travel to such heretic fictional hell ( eze 18:4) .... The scriptures never said they went there !

Jesus narrates that " the flood came and swept them all away" - Matt 24:39 !
jeez! Are you serious! The people of Noah's day had no souls? Wherever did you get that idea?

You have the teachings of the Bible really really really twisted, my friend.
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by CANTICLES: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
torchwave:
jeez! Are you serious! The people of Noah's day had no souls? Wherever did you get that idea?

Religious Lie 1 : SOUL IS IMMORTAL

BIBLE TRUTH : " Look! All souls to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son - to me they belong. The Soul who SINS IS THE ONE WHO WILL DIE" !!!! Eze 18:4, 20

" The Soul that Sins WILL DIE " Eze 18:4

" WILL DIE" Ezekie 18:4

" WILL DIE" Eze 18:4

Yeah! All souls DIE because

" All have SINNED" ROM 3:23

" All have SINNED" Rom 3:23

Due to the above, Bible refer to humans as " Mortal Man" Job 4:17 ! Mortal : subject to death, dies
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by dolphinheart(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
torchwave:
God is not a man that He should lie. He means what He says even if it is difficult for you to accept it.

God does not judge on the basis of years of existence on earth in order to reward with eternal life or eternal punishment. All that is important to God is if you accepted His Son, Jesus Christ, before you died. It doesn't matter if you lived for only 12 years or 30 years or even 100 years.

Yes, God is love. That is why His grace is still available. But it is a great deception of the devil to assume that God's love makes it impossible for Him to punish the unrighteous. That is what the devil wants you to believe...and as long as you think like that the devil is happy.

GOD IS INDEED LOVE BUT HE IS ALSO VERY TERRIBLE.
THE FEAR OF GOD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM.

Apostle Paul said, "Knowing the severity of God we warn men."

My friend, God means what He says and He said the righteous will be rewarded with everlasting life while the sinners will be punished with everlasting torment along with the Devil and his demons...forever and ever.

You can use the bible to guide me through what you just posted, I'm welcome to a discussion.
Wanna know ur view on the following :
1. What is hell and who go there ?
2. What is hell fire ?
3. What part of the man goes to hell?

God is a God of justice, he will not render judgement on you for more than what you did, expecialy since you where created imperfect and prone to sin .

Evalasting life is a gift from God for those whose heart is toward him, if u reject a gift, are u supposed to be purnished forever for it?

God knows we are imperfect , through no fault of ours, and he will still prescribe such heavy purnishment on us ?

When d isrealites where passing their children through the fire, God said such thing has not come up in his heart , so when did God create hell fire
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by dolphinheart(m): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
torchwave:

You re d one twisting what he said. Y did u remove the word imortal from his statement!
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by torchwave: 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
CANTICLES, please explain, in your understanding, the Bible passage that says once a man dies, then straight he goes for judgment. Who or what goes for judgment?

For the record, when God says He will destroy the soul, it means He will condemn the soul to everlasting torment and separation from Him. The human soul and spirit are immortal by design.

The wages of sin is Death. Everybody dies in the end, sinners and saints. However, the Death in question is a spiritual one, not a physical phenomenon...the reward of living a sinful life.

The soul that sins shall die (cut off from the Presence of God and suffer perpetual punishment). Jesus said we should not fear those who can harm the body but cannot harm the soul but that we should fear the Person who can harm both the body and destroy the soul in hell. Him we should fear.

Fear God.
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by torchwave: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
dolphinheart:

You re d one twisting what he said. Y did u remove the word imortal from his statement!
The term 'immortal soul' is tautologous... The soul is immortal by design. It is like saying 'dead corpse.' You get the idea.
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
torchwave:
The term 'immortal soul' is tautologous... The soul is immortal by design. It is like saying 'dead corpse.' You get the idea.

Stop lying.

Only God is immortal , we are mortal.

Only true followers of God will be granted immortality.

"When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." - 1 Corinthians 15:54

So tell me in this scripture, how can mortality be swallowed up with immortality when we are already immortal

SMH for you........

[img]http://kickess.files./2011/10/think.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by dolphinheart(m): 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
torchwave:

1.Prove it
2. Answer the questions i asked initially

3. Add this to ur answers: what is the soul and how did humans come to have souls
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by CANTICLES: 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
torchwave:

The Bible passage that says once a man dies, then straight he goes for judgment.

Heb 9:27 says " it is reserved for men to die once, and after this a judgement" !
This scripture has nothin to do with the greek thinkin of imortal soul , ! The son of d widow of Nain also died ! Lazarus of bethany died for 4 days !! Dorcas died!! None of this people we judged in d grave when they died , they ar asleep in death, they are dead " as for the dead, they know nothing at all" Ecc 9:5,10

Judgement Comes after the resurection of the dead from their graves- Dan 12:2, John 5:28:29
" God HAS SET A DAY on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness" ! ACT 17:31 !

For what purpose is d judgement?

" For when there are judgement from God ..... The inhabitants of the earth wil LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS"isa 26:9

The wages of sin is Death
God explains death: "...YOU are dust and to DUST YOU SHALL RETURN"Gen 3:19
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by sonmvayina(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
the idea of heaven and hell are logically false, consider this scenario...if i make it to heaven and for some reason my son goes to hell, will i be happy in heaven knowing very well that my son is tormented day and night. or those judgement comes with brainwashing as well? so what will god do to make me happy? go to hell and get my son or ?...just asking
Re: Why Would A Compassionate God Be Ok To See His Creations Suffer In Hell by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2014
sonmvayina:
the idea of heaven and hell are logically false, consider this scenario...if i make it to heaven and for some reason my son goes to hell, will i be happy in heaven knowing very well that my son is tormented day and night. or those judgement comes with brainwashing as well? so what will god do to make me happy? go to hell and get my son or ?...just asking
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Topless Activist Rushed The Nativity Scene In St Peter’s Square / Are Guardian Angels Real? / Here Are 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.