Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Tyre Size Required For New 18' Rim - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tyre Size Required For New 18' Rim (867 Views)

What Does "C" Stands For In Car Tyre Size / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads / Tyre Size. Sienna And Co Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyre Size Required For New 18' Rim by ora10g: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hello,
I have a 16' rim with tyre size as 205/55R16 on my VW JEtta 5 and i want to change to 18 inches rim to give better ground clearance.
I will like to know the tyre size i will need to go with the new rim.

ANyone with better ideas should pls contribute,

Thanks all.
Re: Tyre Size Required For New 18' Rim by AutosBay(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Re: Tyre Size Required For New 18' Rim by ora10g: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
Re: Tyre Size Required For New 18' Rim by DECOtech(m): 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
ora10g:
Hello,
I have a 16' rim with tyre size as 205/55R16 on my VW JEtta 5 and i want to change to 18 inches rim to give better ground clearance.
I will like to know the tyre size i will need to go with the new rim.

ANyone with better ideas should pls contribute,

Thanks all.

Why do you need more ground clearance?

Did it occour to you that you wld be compromising vehicle center of gravity to make u for ground clearance?

Somethings just ain't necessary.
You think about it.
Re: Tyre Size Required For New 18' Rim by ora10g: 9:02am On Dec 15, 2014
DECOtech:

Why do you need more ground clearance?

Did it occour to you that you wld be compromising vehicle center of gravity to make u for ground clearance?

Somethings just ain't necessary.
You think about it.

Hmm, i dont think changing rims to a larger one will alter the center of gravity, modifying the suspension might alter it but not rim change.

I might be wrong anyway, but i solely do not think it will alter anything except for consumption and speedometer.

(1) (Reply)

Smoking 2010 Toyota Sequoia / Want To Buy A New Car / What A Nigerian Engineer Turned A 1990 Toyota Camry To......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.