Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" (824 Views)

Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite / Obasanjo’s Book "My Watch" About Atiku / Fashola And Amaechi Visit Wole Soyinka In Abeokuta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by Izyco: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2014
Former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo in
his autobiography had opened a
can of worms on many major stakeholders in the
country.

One part of the book, My Watch shines light on
the nation's only Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka,
whom the elder statesman described as "a self-
serving critic" who always loved to take the lead
on all matters.

He wrote: "For Wole, no one can be good, nor can
anything be spot-on politically except that
which emanates from him or is ordained by him

His friends and loved ones will always be right
and correct no matter what they do or fail to do."

Obasanjo described Soyinka as "a misfit as a
political analyst, commentator or critic," adding
that it was good that Mr. Soyinka did not go into
politics.

"He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a
more successful "aparo" (guinea fowl) hunter
than a political critic, not to talk of what he would
do as a politician," Mr. Obasanjo said..

More Here:::www.vabadon.com/2014/12/obasanjo-blasts-wole-soyinka-in-his.html?m=1
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by golor(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nonsense
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by deeozi(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
Baba really watch this country while others were playing politics.
It is goo to watch an play.
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by deeozi(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
Baba really watch this country while others were playing politics.
It is good to watch and play. Don't play alone
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by CNNg: 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
Before nko? Soyinka has always been sentimental in his criticisms.
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by UnknownT: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
WELL, OBJ IN HIS ATTEMPT TO DESCRIBE SOYINKA JUST DESCRIBED HIMSELF(OBJ)

(1) (Reply)

Gmb's Works During His One Year And Nine Months Reign As Head Of State... / Nothing Will Happen To Me, Sanusi To Boko Haram / Court Stops INEC From Publishing Names Of PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.