Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Please Urgent Help Here Php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Urgent Help Here Php (944 Views)

Please Urgent Help From Web Developers! / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) / Help Here SPC 4 IONCUBE 5.3 LOADER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Urgent Help Here Php by webpro(m): 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2008
Please webmasters! am getting this error message in a code i was working on

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/arstech/public_html/process.php on line 7

and here is the code

<?php

include"dbconn.php";
$username =$_POST['username'];
$password =$_POST['password'];

$check = mysql_query(SELECT *FROM users WHERE username ='$username' AND password = '$password'"wink;
if($submit){
header("location: member.html"wink;
}
else
{
echo "Sorry username and password is wrong";
?>

i dont seem to know were the error is?
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by yawatide(f): 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2008
Possible issues:

1)
if($submit){
}
else
{

You seem to be missing the "}", after teh echo statement

2)

Where do you have the header() function call. Remember, it has to be outside of any html, including white space.

3)

include"dbconn.php";
Perhaps you need a space between "include" and the name of the included file?

fixing one of those should hopefully take care of the problem. Let us know what's up.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by webpro(m): 11:04pm On Dec 05, 2008
Thank you my broder, but the error is reading at line 8, that should be within here

$check = mysql_query(SELECT * FROM users WHERE username

='$username' AND password = '$password'"wink;

I have tried wat u suggest.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by yawatide(f): 1:23am On Dec 06, 2008
In that case, I think the issue is that you have dbl quotes at the end of the query but not at the beginning. I believe the entire query string should be within dbl quotes.

Try that and let us know what's up.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by xanadu: 4:26am On Dec 06, 2008
In that case, I think the issue is that you have dbl quotes at the end of the query but not at the beginning.  I believe the entire query string should be within dbl quotes.

Try that and let us know what's up.

Precisley - I agree with Yawa. You need to match the dbl quotes you have at the end of statement, like this:

$check = mysql_query("[/b]SELECT * FROM users WHERE username ='$username' AND password = '$password'[b]");

Notice the quotes in bold.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by OmniPotens(m): 8:05am On Dec 06, 2008
I'm happy the programming thing is coming on live now. Keep it up. Check my section for the PHP and other programming languages sample codes.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by DualCore1: 11:23am On Dec 06, 2008
hi web pro, i didnt know it was u who pm'd me on yim lastnight.
try the methods in these links

http://www.evolt.org/article/Creating_a_Login_Script_with_PHP_4/17/19661/index.html
http://php.about.com/od/finishedphp1/ss/php_login_code.htm

waz kind of busy last night, sorry i couldnt really help.
hope this helps
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by webpro(m): 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2008
Thanx broders, let me cross check again, still needs more advice and suggestions. I will let u know if it works out
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by castrolng: 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2008
<?php

include_once "dbconn.php";

if(isset($_POST['submit'])){
$username =mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['username']);
$password =mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['password']);

$check = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE username ='$username' AND password = '$password' "wink;
if(mysql_num_rows($check)==1){

}
else
{
}
}

/*That should work. And please be more secure with your codes, always escape user input.

I could have very easily by-passed the login system you posted earlier.

ciao*/

?>
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by castrolng: 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2008
one more thing that puzzles me:

why is the redirection set to a html document?

if you need a user authentication system that works effectively,

I suggest you use a php file, for example, so that you can check first against a session or something else that becomes active when login is successful

otherwise users will bypass the login and go straight to member.html

Anyway u could also setup your .htaccess to process all your files as php, but I wont recommend that,

ciao
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by webpro(m): 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2008
@castrolng, Just implemented ur step and it processed but stop without heading to the next location:
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by webpro(m): 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2008
i guess this is were the problem is

if(mysql_num_rows($check)==1){

Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by yawatide(f): 11:39pm On Dec 06, 2008
This might help:

$query = "SELECT * FROM dot dot dot";

$result = mysql_query($query) or die ("Your Search didn't return any results."wink;

$num_results = mysql_num_rows($result);
if($num_results > 0) {
//do stuff
}

This is from code that I have that works perfectly. Make sure urs matches mine and try again. Then let us know.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by OmniPotens(m): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2008
@yawa-ti-de
I enjoy the way you did this last reply. Just as we discussed, it is not best to copy and paste the entire code for a poster that needs help. It is better to give the best clues then let him or her discover the problem and get it solved. Tomorrow, when he stumbles upon such, it will be easier to solve.

@poster
Keep on trying your codes and you'll reach at your designated target.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by uspry1(f): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2008
I agreed with OmniPotens refer not best way to post entire code for poster.

It will not help the poster understand how the coding work.

By the way there are HUNDRED FREE authentic login system scripts that comes with step by step tutorial break down on google everywhere. PHP, ASP, Flash, #C, Perl/CGI, etc.

On google, there has MD5-hash encrypted login script/tutorials (but left out some missing coding on MD5 secured login script for programmers to resolve themself make it work---won't display whole coding itself) there.

It is everywhere on the search results.

Good luck Poster!
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by DualCore1: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2008
uspry1:

By the way there are HUNDRED FREE authentic login system scripts that comes with step by step tutorial break down on google everywhere. PHP, ASP, Flash, #C, Perl/CGI, etc.

web pro, if u wonno opt for scripts, u can let me know. i use a couple of login scripts, but i'll give u a simple one and show u a site i'm developing so u can see how the login part works.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by OmniPotens(m): 10:00am On Dec 08, 2008
@Dual Core

I don't really buy the idea of giving them the entire script. You learnt right, so just give them clues so they can learn as well. It is going to help them both now and in future.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by castrolng: 11:28am On Dec 08, 2008
@webpro

Hope you've got your thing up and running?
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by DualCore1: 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2008
Omni, warahell?! Wen did u make tht post? Na b4 or after i give u? Kai dude u don take me 4 a ride this time. Lol. Web pro, d decision is urz. We all have our ways of learning.
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by OmniPotens(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2008
@Dual Core

Just let my people learn and become competent. I understand what you mean but it has nothing to deal with this issue here. tongue
Re: Please Urgent Help Here Php by lender(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2008
It is always advisable to sanitise user input so that your database will be safed.
$username = mysql_real_escape_string ($_POST ['username']; // this sanitise user input
$Password = Md5 ($_POST ['Password']); // the use of md5( ) makes it safe to run query
I think you find this helpful. Email:doubletechnology@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Website Design / How Can I Put Adsense In My Forum? / I Want To Register A Domain Name With A Foreign Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.