Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash (2222 Views)

11 Die, 8 Injured In Ondo Auto Crash (pictured Of The Vehicles) / Why Is Honda Not Used For Taxi In Nigeria / 12 Killed In Auto Crash At Ondo-Ore Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by ologboncrowny(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
Lynn Beisner's son was driving last week when a semi-trailer wheel landed on his hood and shattered every window in the car. Amazingly, the Honda vehicle "formed a cocoon for his body" and he didn't have "a scratch on him," she writes in the Washington Post. So whom did she thank on Facebook in a grateful letter? Well, Honda engineers who created "a car that safe," and executives "who did not scrimp on safety. Thank you, Honda." But her closing line annoyed some commenters who thought she should be thanking another, higher, entity. As one put it, "I am thankful that God held your son in His embrace and I am curious why you thanked Honda rather than Him." Yet Beisner says she has her reasons.
Read more ยป [http://www.olokunbolacrowny..com/2014/12/mum-thanks-honda-not-god-for-sons.html]
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by Chazzyboy: 5:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
Honda god or wetin
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by mperoakeem(m): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
well, it is nt only in naija sum ppl are high on dry weeds...

2 Likes

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by ologboncrowny(m): 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Well, it's quite unfortunate that she has put her son's life on the line because it is that same Honda that will kill the boy.
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by lonelydora: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
Honda is the bomb.

1 Like

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by abatically(m): 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
ologboncrowny:
Well, it's quite unfortunate that she has put her son's life on the line because it is that same Honda that will kill the boy.

Some people still reason like this in 2014? cry cry cry.

1 Like

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:05am On Dec 16, 2014
I'm sure she meant "thank GOD for making HONDA"
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

If she could thank Honda for their 'safe car', what will she do when her son is involved in a crash in 'safer cars' like volvo, mercedes Benz and lexus?
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
Till this happens on a Honda Scooter.
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by abatically(m): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
lomomike:

If she could thank Honda for their 'safe car', what will she do when her son is involved in a crash in 'safer cars' like volvo, mercedes Benz and lexus?

How is Volvo and even Mercedes Benz safer than a Honda? U people underrate these Japanese cars just because they are NOT EUROPEAN. Go check crash test results, Honda accord has an almost perfect score, more than any Volvo and Mercedes.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by abatically(m): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
lomomike:

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
abatically:

How is Volvo and even Mercedes Benz safer than a Honda? U people underrate these Japanese cars just because they are NOT EUROPEAN. Go check crash test results, Honda accord has an almost perfect score, more than any Volvo and Mercedes.

Bone that thing bro, who developed SIPPS, airbags, ABS, PCS etc?
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by abatically(m): 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
lomomike:

Bros bone that talk. Who developed VCM, who made hybrid cars popular? By the way, that Motorola made the first mobile phone doesn't mean they make the best phones. And that Nokia ruled the smartphone world in tbe 90's doesn't mean they make the best smartphones.

4 Likes

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
abatically:

Bros bone that talk. Who developed VCM, who made hybrid cars popular? By the way, that Motorola made the first mobile phone doesn't mean they make the best phones. And that Nokia ruled the smartphone world in tbe 90's doesn't mean they make the best smartphones.

VCM started by 2004, similar technology had

been made by benz far back in 2001.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Cylinder_Control

Hybrid is popularized by prius.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_vehicle
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by abatically(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
lomomike:

VCM started by 2004, similar technology had

been made by benz far back in 2001.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Cylinder_Control

Hybrid is popularized by prius.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_vehicle

I know , just saying because a company started something doesn't make them the best at it. And isn't Prius made by Toyota (Japanese?)

4 Likes

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by baaliyah(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
Do we have TWO lomomikes here? He has changed from the one I used to know. I always loved his balanced and intelligent arguments across brands, but these days...
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
baaliyah:
Do we have TWO lomomikes here? He has changed from the one I used to know. I always loved his balanced and intelligent arguments across brands, but these days...

Lol!...What about these days?
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by chucky234(m): 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
lomomike:

When it comes to Japs Honda is the undisputed CHAMP, so much underrated.
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
It's Honda engineers coupled with good luck that saved the kid.

You have no right to shove your religious beliefs down the throat of others.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by ologboncrowny(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
abatically:

Some people still reason like this in 2014? cry cry cry.

Just follow this news for a while and u will know if i am right or not. You dnt understand God. He is a jealous God. He will not share His glory with any one, not with Honda. Sit there and be pathetic for yourself. Doubt on. You think you are wise.
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by ologboncrowny(m): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

she didn't mean to thank God. Read full story.
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by abatically(m): 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
ologboncrowny:

Just follow this news for a while and u will know if i am right or not. You dnt understand God. He is a jealous God. He will not share His glory with any one, not with Honda. Sit there and be pathetic for yourself. Doubt on. You think you are wise.

U still reason like someone with very low IQ. Dude I believe in God, but everyone has a right to his religion. Now just read what u wrote and I quote

ologboncrowny:

Well, it's quite unfortunate that she has put her son's life on the line because it is that same Honda that will kill the boy

So automatically u believe the car will kill the boy just because the mother didn't thank God. What if the mother believes in other thing or doesn't believe in God? People in china don't believe in God yet they progress. There are thousands of religions in the world, just believe in what u believe in don't judge.

Isn't it an irony that the white man brought Christianity to Africa, but the same white man will pray for 5 minutes silently in his house and use the remaining hours to work. An African man will pray for 5 hours on top of his voice disturbing the neihbourgood and work for a few hours. Some will even shout die die die die in the middle of the night. Religion has made us lazy and that is why the white man is doing a lot better than us. Dey there dey deceive urself.

1 Like

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by ologboncrowny(m): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
abatically:

U still reason like someone with very low IQ. Dude I believe in God, but everyone has a right to his religion. Now just read what u wrote and I quote

So automatically u believe the car will kill the boy just because the mother didn't thank God. What if the mother believes in other thing or doesn't believe in God? People in china don't believe in God yet they progress. There are thousands of religions in the world, just believe in what u believe in don't judge.

Isn't it an irony that the white man brought Christianity to Africa, but the same white man will pray for 5 minutes silently in his house and use the remaining hours to work. An African man will pray for 5 hours on top of his voice disturbing the neihbourgood and work for a few hours. Some will even shout die die die die in the middle of the night. Religion has made us lazy and that is why the white man is doing a lot better than us. Dey there dey deceive urself.

Now I repeat myself and extensively this time:
Well, it's quite unfortunate that she has put her son's life on the line because it is that same Honda that will kill the boy. It is not a curse, but the way God works. He is a jealous God. Remember Titanic. It was built by Harland and Wolff, shipbuilders for White Star Line. The guy, a Titanic crewman made the comment "Not even God could sink this ship" said "Even God can't sink this ship", and the Titanic went down. It took just over three years to build and fit out the RMS Titanic, and it took the ship less than three hours to sink beneath the North Atlantic Ocean on April 14-15, 1912. Sennacherib told Israel and Hezekiah that God could not deliver them from his hand and God -2 Chron.32:15, 20-22.

Look I dnt care what u or others believe in. All I know is that God is the God of gods. There is only one God and only Him deserves ALL the glory, because, even the makers of Honda got their wisdom from him. If He had taken away their lives earlier, would they have invented Honda? Agree, their are gods, but onle ONE GOD. A jealous God. If you fail to ascribe His deserved glory to Him, He will punish you; even you. You can dare Him. Remember Nebuchadnezzar : (because you may not want to open the Bible , i have decided to quote the scriptures here)

Daniel 4:28-37:
28 All this came upon King Nebuchadnezzar. 29 At the end of the twelve months he was walking about the royal palace of Babylon. 30 The king spoke, saying, "Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honor of my majesty?"

31 While the word was still in the king's mouth, a voice fell from heaven: "King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is spoken: the kingdom has departed from you! 32 And they shall drive you from men, and your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field. They shall make you eat grass like oxen; and seven times shall pass over you, until you know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses."

33 That very hour the word was fulfilled concerning Nebuchadnezzar; he was driven from men and ate grass like oxen; his body was wet with the dew of heaven till his hair had grown like eagles' feathers and his nails like birds' claws.

(Nebuchadnezzar Praises God)

34 And at the end of the time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever:

For His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
And His kingdom is from generation to generation.
35 All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing;
He does according to His will in the army of heaven
And among the inhabitants of the earth.
No one can restrain His hand
Or say to Him,"What have You done?"

36 At the same time my reason returned to me, and for the glory of my kingdom, my honor and splendor returned to me. My counselors and nobles resorted to me, I was restored to my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added to me. 37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, all of whose works are truth, and His ways justice. And those who walk in pride He is able to put down.
NKJV

REMEMBER ALSO KING HEROD

Acts 12:21-23
So on a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat on his throne and gave an oration to them. 22 And the people kept shouting, "The voice of a god and not of a man!" 23 Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died.
NKJV

I purposely started with a non-biblical example of Titanic before scriptural examples so that you do not say it is pure sentiment of Bible religion. The Titanic story is a fact that is still recent in our history.

So, when i talk like this, I know what i am saying. Do not get God jealous or else you will pay for it. He will never share His glory with any one. Only God can save. Not Honda, not anything else. That you escaped an accident is by the grace of God and not your smartness or level of alertness. Remember that those smarter than you died in even lesser degree of accidents. Don't dare Him bro so you don't attract His wrath. He knows about this discussion. Be warned!

1 Like

Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
^^^ shocked All these preachings for abatically?
Abatically, na wetin you do oga pastor na? sad
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by abatically(m): 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
lomomike:
^^^ shocked All these preachings for abatically?
Abatically, na wetin you do oga pastor na? sad

Bros abeg help me ask am. And the funny thing is people like this are the ones that have the biggest skeleton in their cupboard.
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by ologboncrowny(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
Bros abeg help me ask am. And the funny thing is people like this are the ones that have the biggest skeleton in their cupboard. [/quote]

I've only said the truth. Are u saying there are no men of integrity in this world again?
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by abatically(m): 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
ologboncrowny:

Bros abeg help me ask am. And the funny thing is people like this are the ones that have the biggest skeleton in their cupboard.

I've only said the truth. Are u saying there are no men of integrity in this world again?

A man of integrity doesn't curse his fellow man just because he doesn't believe in what he believes in.
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by ologboncrowny(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
abatically:

A man of integrity doesn't curse his fellow man just because he doesn't believe in what he believes in.

Please, identify the curse.
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by abatically(m): 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
ologboncrowny:

Please, identify the curse.

Figure it out urself. Saying the same Honda will kill the boy doesn't sound like a curse to u?
Re: Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash by ologboncrowny(m): 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
abatically:

Figure it out urself. Saying the same Honda will kill the boy doesn't sound like a curse to u?

if I were alive in the days of Titanic and I had said Titanic would sink on its first voyage, after those blasphemous comments, wouldn't u have called it a curse? But it has remained a fact. If yes, then so be it.

(1) (Reply)

The Recent Surge In Car Theft In Nigeria / Warning: List Of Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle -the Federal Road Safety / Vision Mercedes-maybach Ultimate Luxury SUV Unveiled At 2018 Beijing Auto Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.