Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries (21590 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Kicked Out Of APC Primaries (Snapshot) / Saraki Group Rejects APC Primaries As Lawan Emerges Winner, See Press Release / Rivers PDP 'Congratulates' Amaechi For Losing APC's VP Slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by KHAYGOLD(m): 3:01am On Dec 15, 2014
Most funny thread I've read on nairaland so far. Seems APC is sure of emerging as the party to produce Nigeria president come 2015. Everyone is already aligning themselves to the party. Igbo people and leading by all means mentality. Every tribe is only care about itself without putting Nigeria first.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by holatin(m): 7:02am On Dec 15, 2014
hmmmmmmm too many people in my front I can't see d post
Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by kingdavid2015: 7:03am On Dec 15, 2014
Are there. Ighos in PDP.I hail u okoroacha

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by philips70(m): 7:07am On Dec 15, 2014
donmalcolm21:
APC cannot further the interest of the ibos, their policies and dance steps shows that the ibos are not a voting bloc.

Okorocha is not to be blamed for the woes of the Ibos politically. In fact he should be commended for the feat he pulled in the just concluded APC primaries. The Ibos should be very proud of him as he somewhat improved their political worth in National politics and rather declare as persona non grata those that said they will sink with uncle Jona and PDP even if the east is completely annihilated from Nigeria in terms of development. For me Okorocha is the best bet for APC vice presidential candidacy.

7 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by free2ryhme: 7:08am On Dec 15, 2014
samiebond:
A chieftain of All Progressives Congress (APC) in the South-East, Osita Okechukwu, has accused Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha  of allegedly gambling with the chances of the Ndigbo to bargain for Vice President slot  in the 2015 general elections, noting that his (Okorocha) failure contributed in weakening that opportunity.

Okechukwu, who is the spokesman of APC in the South-East,  in a press statement Sunday stated this while reacting to Governor Okorocha’s statement after his failed bid to get the presidential ticket of the party.

According to him, “His Excellency’s statement is one of self denial, for rather than apologizing to Ndigbo for his gambit, which made Ndigbo to lose the national chairmanship of the APC, placed us in a weak position to vie for Vice President, he is regrettably justifying the unjustifiable.

“One had thought that as a leader he could had placed the collective interest of Ndigbo above his Nollywood show, since he is quite aware of the position of the party as regards zoning.

“For the avoidance of doubt, in a South East Caucus meeting at His Excellency, Dr Ogboninya Onu’s residence at Abuja in July, 2014, some of us agreed that he is eminently qualified to vie for presidency, but given the prevailing understanding that the presidency is going North, we should vie for chairmanship and vice president slots, waiting for the next 8 years when it is coming South.  He refused and boasted that he is going to win the presidential primary.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/apologize-now-ndigbo-losing-apc-presidential-primary-okechukwu-tells-okorocha/

The question I asked myselve here is Do they think Okorocha has got the National muscle to win the primaries in the first place? Who dey decieve who here?

This is not about being ibo it is more of one man's selfish selfcentredness

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Natudu: 7:09am On Dec 15, 2014
waternogetemeny:

I dont know wat Rochas has done so far apart from build better school that offer free education to university. HE is building roads and promise much more and i want to see the change by 2019 , if he is going to contest Presidency again. 4 more years is not much.

Chukwuemeka Ihedioha should stay put and contest for speaker. He mustn't make it easy for GEJ. Ndiigbo have not had either the Speaker or Senate President. We put in the vote and should get something substantial out.

Wat do u think?

Guy,
Bolded! Like, seriously?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by ignis: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2014
Rochas is a disgrace to the entire igbo race.

Indeed he owe the igbos an apology.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Jarus(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2014
Osita should know better. APC don't need this now. What they need is unity, not public scolding of a party chieftain.

Okorocha had the right to contest and he exercised it. If anything, it is a plus for the system as they can see he lost transparently.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by san316(m): 7:20am On Dec 15, 2014
why should he apologize? for pursuing his aspiration to put his group in the limelight? do they prefer him to be like those ignore pdp stalwarts who have sold their rights to a clueless man?

I admire his courage. by the way, he performed well considering the odds against him.

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by petsam11(m): 7:20am On Dec 15, 2014
dazey:
Rochas we can't wait to kick you out next year

Who wan kick am out Na Ihedioha ni I laugh in Chinese...See make I tell you the only person to me that has the potential to do that is no other person but Sen. Chris Anyanwu but she didn't get the PDP ticket and that is the highest/worst mistake that Imo PDP did. Less I forget, Ihedioha and Araume na who win the PDP guber ticket sef Lol!!!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by angelawoko(m): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2014
stanech:
i like rochas but he still need to understand that the igbo interest coms first dumping apga to apc wasnt a wise move igbos dont want apc you can ask ngige
Do you think that APGA will ever have a national outlook. They have confined themselves to the east and to become president you need a national outlook. ACN was a yoruba party, CPC was an hausa party, separately they were confined, now that they are together they can challenge for something. Okorocha had foresight, I only pray pride will not be cloud the sight of others.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by 1stola: 7:24am On Dec 15, 2014
Arysexy:
U didn't even read What u posted? Okorocha was aware of d party's position on zoning the slot to north yet He contested thereby blocking the chance d SE has to present him as vp.

Anyway, APC is a persona non grata party. They are headed for failure.

GEJ till 2019.
You will surely be disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by aurenflani: 7:31am On Dec 15, 2014
waternogetemeny:

Trial and error is not good, if u can get it right on first attempt.. I was oppose to the whole APC experiment. Rochas had tried for so long to be Gov and finally APGA presented that opportunity, but the way he decamp to APC was not nice.

I mean wat was the rush, with GEJ in power. If APC had given him the Ticket so he would have contested against GEJ? This is the problem we have as Ndiigbo, we don't hunt in packs.

Politics is not a one man show like business. In politics to succeed u must work as a very large team and hunt in packs of one for all and all for one; not every man for himself.

Rochas might learn this lesson the hard way, if he does not make a convincing case to retain his office based on his performance this last 4 years.

Don't mind them. He got more votes from Katsina state delegates than even Buhari! But Buhari beat all of them.
It was very wise of him and Kwankwaso to have contested. At least he has taken his chances unlike those that only talk of a future Igbo President without action.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:31am On Dec 15, 2014
Arysexy:
U didn't even read What u posted? Okorocha was aware of d party's position on zoning the slot to north yet He contested thereby blocking the chance d SE has to present him as vp.

Anyway, APC is a persona non grata party. They are headed for failure.

GEJ till 2019.
Shame on you, so that d looting & impunity of ur dim master can continue right? U re lost n confused man.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Arysexy(m): 7:35am On Dec 15, 2014
1stola:

You will surely be disappointed.

Story for d gods, get ur weeping handkerchief ready.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by OjeriakhiVictor(m): 7:36am On Dec 15, 2014
samiebond:
?
oga calm down jare..why ndigbo no support am..is it not d sam APuGA dt jus said de ar supportin otuoke man..go slp jare

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Arysexy(m): 7:37am On Dec 15, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
Shame on you, so that d looting & impunity of ur dim master can continue right? U re lost n confused man.

A vote for buhari is a vote for thief.nubu lootocracy to continue, shame on u and all u represent.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by ozo13(m): 7:40am On Dec 15, 2014
grin at this juncture my broda.the best person APC can gv d VP slot is a Yoruba man.cos am sure majority of them will vote for buhari.if they decide to gv it to an Igbo am sorry wt d comments coming from our Igbo brodas dey r going to betray APC.are u see wat am saw
philips70:

Okorocha is not to be blamed for the woes of the Ibos politically. In fact he should be commended for the feat he pulled in the just concluded APC primaries. The Ibos should be very proud of him as he somewhat improved their political worth in National politics and rather declare as persona non grata those that said they will sink with uncle Jona and PDP even if the east is completely annihilated from Nigeria in terms of development. For me Okorocha is the best bet for APC vice presidential candidacy.

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by charriot: 7:40am On Dec 15, 2014
Am not Igbo or Hausa or yoruba, Three fool that are claming say na them get Nigeria. I greet all the minority tribe in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 15, 2014
Collynzo9:

I just watched the video, there is nothing special about that crowd. His cabinet members and workers in government house alone are enough to surpass that. Besides Rochas is a show man to the core and we know the length he can go to make thing appear the way he wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDIOpU78K0
Lol! I didn't expect you to admit to the fact that there was an overwhelming crowd that welcomed Rochas. Your show of ignorance is really nauseating.

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by cupidhero(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2014
Imagine Loosers like ogbonnaya onu is in APC. Someone who can't boast of making any progress during his reign in abia state. Ogbonnaya onu is a nobody in abia state.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2014
ignis:
Rochas is a disgrace to the entire igbo race.

Indeed he owe the igbos an apology.
he's a disgrace to Igbo race because he contested in a primaries to give ndi igbo a belonging? He's a disgrace because he refused to lick Jonathan's ball just like Peter Obi and APGA is doing?
Ignis,you definitely do not know the definition of the word "DISGRACE"

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Godiloveu(f): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2014
waternogetemeny:

I dont know wat Rochas has done so far apart from build better school that offer free education to university. HE is building roads and promise much more and i want to see the change by 2019 , if he is going to contest Presidency again. 4 more years is not much.

Chukwuemeka Ihedioha should stay put and contest for speaker. He mustn't make it easy for GEJ. Ndiigbo have not had either the Speaker or Senate President. We put in the vote and should get something substantial out.

Wat do u think?

Toor! u re d only igboman with brain here.
I said it b4 igbos shud support themselves for substantial position in d political hierarchical. structure in Nigeria gradually climbing d ladder up to highest. Nigerians are not fully ready to offer an igboman d presidency becos of lack of trust so they themselves most prove worthy of d position in federal level not just state alone.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by 49cents(m): 8:02am On Dec 15, 2014
Rochas thinks he can get to power by his wits!

All power comes from God........if I were him I would focus on transforming Imo state with humillty and transparency......he is working in Inl but the talk is too much........

His eaherness to show off has made him taken desperate populist mobes take for example what he did with the Uniforms of school children.....he ordered containers of ready made Uniforms from China....when he could have ordered the cloth from one of our ailing textiles industries and given the material to imo tailors to sew thereby creating emplotment.......but in his haste to show off he runs to China!!!

Primary Education in Imo like in other states though is free but not qualitative!!!

After all said, whatever be his motive, or admistrative process at least for once we have an occupant in the government house who is doing something extra ordinary in Imo state

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by chidimmaaa(f): 8:07am On Dec 15, 2014
People should try and come to terms that GEJ has failed. This is not bout the political platform buh bout the right candidate. His government just under 4yrs has changed a lot of smiles into a broken one. I will not vote for him even at gunpoint. Buhari, how far?

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by stanech: 8:21am On Dec 15, 2014
[quote
author=angelawoko post=28892058]
Do you think that APGA will ever have a national outlook. They have
confined themselves to the east and to become president you need a
national outlook. ACN was a yoruba party, CPC was an hausa party,
separately they were confined, now that they are together they can
challenge for something. Okorocha had foresight, I only pray pride will
not be cloud the sight of others. [/quote]

the igbos do not want anything to do with the apc we are ok with the pdp which is a national party and apga which is our regional party.

that to me is a perfect setup
Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by stanech: 8:21am On Dec 15, 2014
[quote
author=angelawoko post=28892058]
Do you think that APGA will ever have a national outlook. They have
confined themselves to the east and to become president you need a
national outlook. ACN was a yoruba party, CPC was an hausa party,
separately they were confined, now that they are together they can
challenge for something. Okorocha had foresight, I only pray pride will
not be cloud the sight of others. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Abagworo(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2014
philips70:

Simple and straight to the point. Buhari is more popular than any Nigerian alive and won the primaries. Okorocha is the most popular Igbo politician today.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by angelsing(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2014
dazey:
Okorocha is a big disgrace
A big disgrace on what specifically?, u care to shed more light on this?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by Abagworo(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2014
stanech:

the igbos do not want anything to do with the apc we are ok with the pdp which is a national party and apga which is our regional party.

that to me is a perfect setup

APGA is no regional party not even Anambra party. It is Victor Umeh's party.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by jaymichael(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2014
donmalcolm21:
APC cannot further the interest of the ibos, their policies and dance steps shows that the ibos are not a voting bloc.
Point of correction dude, the Igbos made themselves not to be a "voting bloc" Why should the Igbos support "AWOLOWO PARTY"? Ngige was rejected for being in an "AMALA & EWEDU" party. Whatever you don't support cannot advance your course, that is the simple truth. Rochas owes nobody or any group any apologies, he has the right to aspire for the highest political office and that he has done as a free citizen of this country. The sooner some groups see beyond this ethnic and clannish interests and make Nationalistic interests pivotal, the better (for them)

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Asked To Apologize To The Igbos For Losing APC Primaries by eligibility: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2014
Arysexy:

Anyway, APC is a persona non grata party. They are headed for failure.all

GEJ till 2019.

GEJ till 2019 is equal to high level of bad governance ...
If you are not slumbering you will understand all these:
INSECURITY ZERO ?
UNEMPLOYMENT ZERO?
POWER EPILEPTIC #
WATER SUPPLY #
IMPUNITY #
Corruption is very high to the extent that Patience Jonathan bought and distributed kerosene stoves of 9.2billion naira . Voting for GEJ is a self curse to all Nigerians .
VOTE GMB for change .Its inexorable .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Withdraws Criminal Charges Against Amaechi, Cole / How President Goodluck Jonathan Unwinds / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.