Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,405 members, 7,853,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" (575 Views)

Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite / Obasanjo’s Book "My Watch" About Atiku / Fashola And Amaechi Visit Wole Soyinka In Abeokuta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by Izyco: 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
Former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo in his autobiography had opened a
can of worms on many major stakeholders in the country.

One part of the book, My Watch shines light on the nation's only Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, whom the elder statesman described as "a self-
serving critic" who always loved to take the lead on all matters.

He wrote: "For Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him, His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct no matter what they do or fail to do."

Obasanjo described Soyinka as "a misfit as a political analyst, commentator or critic," adding
that it was good that Mr. Soyinka did not go into politics.

"He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successful "aparo" (guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic, not to talk of what he would do as a politician," Mr. Obasanjo said..

Read More :>>
www.vabadon.com/2014/12/obasanjo-blasts-wole-soyinka-in-his.html?m=1
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Wole Soyinka In His Book "My Watch" by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
Obasanjo is nothing but a bitter old man lashing out at everybody in a poor bid to gain relevance.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Wake Up / Foreign Countries Culpable In Boko Haram Insurgency – Northern Governors / A President In Need Of Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.