|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,104,638 members, 7,660,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 November 2023 at 12:06 AM
Sell Your Music Directly To Mobile Phone Users / Promote Your Music dis 2010 In Nigeria .Lets Take You To The Next Level / Lets Promote Your Music In Nigeria And Abroad And Take You To The Next Level (2) (3) (4)
|Artist Multiple Streams Of Income - What Do You Want To Do With Your Music? by SENservice(m): 2:41am On Dec 06, 2008|
compiled by Yusuff A .Z .
We are talking to uor neighbours about where to find practical help to cope with Artist Multiple Streams Of Income, what do you want to do with your music?.
Do you want to do it for fun or are you contemplating to go for a career?
You probably have been in this situation a million times, or you have pondered the idea. Should you do it or shouldn't you?
You say it is so hard to do such a thing, but what isn't challenging in life?
So if your doing it for fun, then have fun! Hope you enjoy the times you have and don't regret anything.
Stop Fooling Yourself.
However, your putting all this time into practicing, getting fans, self promoting 24/7, 365 why not try and take it to the career level? I'd say it would be a risk worth taking if you try and set out to make it your career! Anything in life is not 100% safe, so you might as well get your act together and start planning this out!
*remember I'm taking into account you have a decent fan base already,
Some basic questions to ask yourself before planning to make your music your career:
* What Genre are you in?
* What type of venue do you see yourself playing at, is it a restaurant, concert, pub, hall, etc,
* What would be your start up costs? Example: Equipment, Instruments, etc,
* What would be your running costs? Meaning what do you have to consistently pay for each month. Including food, housing/rent, clothes, car, etc,
* Do you have an easy time talking with people; not signing; but how do you react to the public. If you don't react very well you might think about taking
some public speaking classes, etc, These will really help you out!
Okay that is basically what you need to figure out before planning to take your music seriously and make it a career. You can do this, so keep reading!
What you need to do next is to plan out how your going to create your career, what will be your income?
Some Income Examples:
* CD Sales, Digital Song Sales
* Royalties (this might be difficult)
* Merchandise Sales, t-shirts, pants, hats, etc,
* Fan Club - Subscription Based - Exclusive Content
* Venues/Tours - Get a decent cut or don't do it!
* Market yourself, open up grand openings to stores, play live music at car shows, get contracts from local companies needing to promote their product.
Now you figured out your potential income, how do you do all this and still focus on your music? Get a management & promotions team for yourself, not a street team! And a record label, the record label might have a promotions team within its organization so that is up to you how that will work. Remember do your research on these organizations and meet in person with them. This will help in the long run!
So from there everything should be running smooth, keep getting at least 3-5 venues every week, with decent profit cuts. Make sure you sell your CD
and merchandise at the show, basically get a person or persons to help do that; maybe someone from the management and promotions team.
Now you're actually in your career doing what you love!
* Make yourself a budget in Excel or other similar software. Creating a budget and really sticking with it will benefit you greatly! I highly recommend
* Budgets include, income, expenses, and other costs. Make sure you save your money too! Don't go spending everything! You might also want to do a 60/40, 60% saving and 40% spending, that's a good percentage to help you save for unexpected costs.
* Remember you are a company and there are health care companies out there that cater to your type of company so please do look into getting health care,
dental, life insurance, etc,
I'd like you to come in and have a sample of our other recipe(s).
Example at fairhaveninc..com
We'd love you to come in and evaluate and suggest how we could improve on it.
Big Thank you goes out to all our Contributors
|Re: Artist Multiple Streams Of Income - What Do You Want To Do With Your Music? by kokorunna(m): 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2008|
You have posted this in the wrong section, it should be posted in the Business or Entertainment Section
|Re: Artist Multiple Streams Of Income - What Do You Want To Do With Your Music? by SENservice(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2008|
Thank you very much kokorunna for the comment and advice.
I will prepare a special article for that section very soon,
Please I'm In Search Of A Band I Need A Drummer,bassist,keyboarder. For Rock / Learn How 2 Make Hit Beats In Less Than A Week Wit Your Laptop Or Desktop Wit A Purchase Of Our Beat / I'm A Musician But I Need Sponsorship
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60