Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? (2456 Views)

Huawei Mate 8 Specs, Features And Price In Nigeria / False Advertisement From MTN??? / Huawei Mate 7 Is The Phone To Get This Season....and Possibly The Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by adrusa: 11:17am On Dec 15, 2014
Huawei and Slot is advertising this otherwise great phone as being "compatible with all 4G network operators in Nigeria" as shown in their leaflet attached. This may turn out to be a DELIBERATE MISINFORMATION and FALSE ADVERT by Huawei and Slot as the phone appears to be incompatible with Smile 4G networks in Ibadan. I intend to follow this up to the highest possible levels.

Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 15, 2014
Following it up to where?? To who's detriment??
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by 2kurupt(m): 12:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
Why the rush to get a 4g smartphone when that technology is still alien in the Nigerian telecoms environment?
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by adrusa: 1:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
2kurupt:
Why the rush to get a 4g smartphone when that technology is still alien in the Nigerian telecoms environment?

4G alien to Nigeria? Are you an alien? Spectranet, Swift, MTN and Glo have functioning 4G networks in Nigeria.
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by aieromon(m): 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
adrusa:

4G alien to Nigeria? Are you an alien? Spectranet, Swift, MTN and Glo have functioning 4G networks in Nigeria.

Spectranet and Swift,yes

MTN and Glo,a capital NO.
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by adrusa: 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2014
aieromon:

Spectranet and Swift,yes

MTN and Glo,a capital NO.

MTN and Glo have 4G LTE that is not being sold to consumers like you and me for now. Check your facts.
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by aieromon(m): 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
adrusa:

MTN and Glo have 4G LTE that is not being sold to consumers like you and me for now. Check your facts.

Give me proof if you have any.

Here's mine

http://thecitizenng.com/governance/ncc-plans-4g-spectrum-auctions/

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/09/isps-in-stiff-battle-for-150bn-service-revenue-in-new-wireless-platform/#.VI7_1SvF-AU
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by adrusa: 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by 2kurupt(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
adrusa:

I am not alien. Aside niche players like spectranet & swift whose 4g services are limited to minute sections of very few urban cities like V.I, how many of the major mobile players do you see offering real "functional" 4g service to the larger market?

Truth be told full & efficient 3g coverage is yet to be achieved in Nigeria unless you take all those deceptive advertisements to heart. The big players don't sell 4g simply because it's not functional & therefore can be termed nonexistent.
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by aieromon(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
adrusa:

GLO since 2011 http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/glo-launches-4g-lte-network/
Airtel since 2013 http://www.unilagmasscomm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=767:airtel-nigeria-completes-4g-lte-trial-operation-in-lagos&catid=40:science-and-technology&Itemid=77

I can only speculate on why they have decided not to sell to consumers.

Simple,they don't have licenses by NCC to offer the service. The links you shared shows trial service in preparation for the auction of the 4G spectrum license and bids would be welcome by 2015.

As for Glo,their cable has been inactive since the day it was launched.
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by adrusa: 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
aieromon:

Simple,they don't have licenses by NCC to offer the service. The links you shared shows trial service in preparation for the auction of the 4G spectrum license and bids would be welcome by 2015.

As for Glo,their cable has been inactive since the day it was launched.

Though this is not why I started this post but let me indulge you once again. Glo, trial service SINCE 2011? They must be crazy to be in trial for over 3 years. And what cable are you talking about? By the way, have you ever heard of UNIFIED LICENSE? I believe they have the license to offer the service.
Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by aieromon(m): 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
adrusa:

Though this is not why I started this post but let me indulge you once again. Glo, trial service SINCE 2011? They must be crazy to be in trial for over 3 years. And what cable are you talking about? By the way, have you ever heard of UNIFIED LICENSE? I believe they have the license to offer the service.

No GSM company has the license to operate 4G LTE in Nigeria until they have been invited to bid in 2015. A unified license has nothing to do with provision of 4G LTE services.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ncc-to-auction-another-spectrum-licence/187652/

A Unified Licence is an authorization that allows the licensee to provide a basket of services under a single license. For example, under a Unified License, the licensee may be allowed to provide Mobile and Fixed telephony services, National Long Distance, Gateway services under one license, it can be Regional or National Services.

Re: Huawei Mate 7; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? by aieromon(m): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
In March 2006, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) formally introduced the Unified Access Service Licence (UASL). The UASL covers a range of services, including:

Fixed telephony whether wired or wireless;
Digital mobile services;
International gateway services;
National long distance services; and
Regional long distance services.
The NCC has indicated that Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) and Private Network Links (PWL) licensees are permitted to provide mobile services in the UASL regime, subject to the frequency assignment and geographical limitations contained in the original licences. Digital Mobile licensees are permitted to provide fixed and data services. All Unified Access Service licensees are able to provide ISP services, Value-added services, and Payphone services. The NCC has also clarified that international gateway services may be provided for the licensee itself or for third parties.

The UASL licence term is 10 years with an option for renewal for the same term.

Unified Access Service operations have been opened to competition, subject to the availability of spectrum resources.

The UASL is subject to a broad variety of terms and conditions. (See the sample UASL, a link to which is set out below). Of particular interest are the following terms and conditions (some of which apply specifically to existing licensees that have migrated to the UASL licensing regime):

Service area: The service areas for existing licensees migrating to the UASL regime are the same as the service area in the original licence issued to the migrating licensee.
Network rollout requirements: The UASL is not subject to specific network rollout obligations. The NCC opted to address universal access issues in a separate universal access regulation.
Numbering resources: The UASL entitles the licensee to obtain numbering resources from the NCC, including resources with a unique code number that serves as a routing designator to all calls terminating on the licensee’s network, where applicable. However, licensees are required to conform to the numbering plan approved by the NCC and any directions given by the NCC in relation to the numbering plan, including directions related to number portability.
Interconnection: The Nigerian Communications Act, 2003 imposes an obligation to interconnect. Therefore, there are no interconnection obligations contained in the terms and conditions of the UASL.
Radio spectrum: Matters relating to the use of the radio spectrum are addressed separately from the UASL.
Quality of Service: Licensees are required to adhere to the quality of service standard prescribed by the NCC.
Source: Nigerian Communications Commission, “Licensing Framework for Unified Access Service in Nigeria”, online: www.ncc.gov.ng.

(1) (Reply)

Comparing Elephone P5000 With Elephone P7000 / Android TV Tuner Dvb-t / How Mtn Deducted My Money For Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.