Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf (44034 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan(photos) / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by lalasticlala(m): 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
The joy and excitement that comes with childbirth is absent to the family of Frances Omgbolo when his wife gave birth to a dwarf baby.

It was gathered that the woman, 26, who was rushed to the labour room, came with full term pregnancy and was later delivered of a dwarf.

A source at the hospital said Omgbolo, a 41-year- old civil servant from Obrigbene community in Ekeremor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, was thrown into confusion when he learnt that his wife has given birth to a dwarf, describing it as mysterious

Reacting to the unusual experience, Mrs. Omgbolo said she was shocked at the sight of the baby. According to her: “What I saw as a baby, I could not believe I carried it for nine months. Never in my life have I seen a thing like this. This is my third pregnancy. I have three children, my first pregnancy was twins without any form of dwarfism. I don’t know where this is coming from. Since the outset of this pregnancy, I have had several challenges, including bad dreams. It is the handiwork of my enemies. But I thank God I am strong after delivery.”

Speaking to our correspondent, Dr. Chuks Obonodi and Dr. Ekene Okwuje of the Bomadi General Hospital, where the woman gave birth, described the condition as Achonodroplasia (a baby with short limb).

The medical personnel explained that the woman who had a still birth about noon on the fateful day presented complications known as footing breach presentation with excessive amniotic fluid.

On dwarfism, Dr. Okwuje explained: “It is a genetic problem amongst parents with recessive genes. It only exhibits when both parents have the traits.”

http://leadership.ng/news/395288/bizarre-husband-wife-shock-giving-birth-dwarf

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by silvermist(f): 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
Pix of the dwarf baby..or you know the rest... tongue

Edited: okay! So I'm ftc, nice smiley. What's the next thing for me to do now? tongue

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Bigflamie(m): 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
Is dwarf not a human being?
Silly words coming from a mother, I hope she won't end up killing the child.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nukilia: 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
The truth will surface very soon grin grin grin. Sharp runs

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by NaijaOptimist: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Bigflamie:
Is dwarf not a human being?
Silly utterances coming from a mother, I hope she won't end up killing the child.

tell them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Djicemob: 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
Oops! Withdrawal method gone wrong,half went in tongue

On the real though,a baby is a baby,let em accept it and not do something rash behind the scenes.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
Science no go kill us with english,which one be

ACHONODROPLASIA!!!
Bia lala were the pix of the dwarf?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by mmaichel: 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
what can we say?

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
doctors I fear dem.....thre must be a name for everything. Archono angry
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Zehner(f): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Dwarf no be person....La wa o

2 Likes

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Lianaluv(f): 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
Djicemob:
Oops! Withdrawal method gone wrong,half went in tongue

On the real though,a baby is a baby,let em accept it and not do something rash behind the scenes.
You got me ROFLMAO. Chai u ar damn funny.

1 Like

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Djicemob: 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lianaluv:
You got me ROFLMAO. Chai u ar damn funny.
You know na! The husband might be a learner grin
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by AfricanApple(f): 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
which enemies? berra confess o angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by littlemistress: 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Omg! This is hilarious.. But a picture of the dwarf baby won't be bad., so we'll know what a dwarf baby looks like cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by adanduka: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
How can one tell a BABY is a dwarf.
Pls allow the baby grow and develop first and give proper multivitamins.

18 Likes

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by PerfumeRepublik: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
adanduka:
How can one tell a BABY is a dwarf.
Pls allow the baby grow and develop first and give proper multivitamins.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Janeify(f): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
If you ask me,na who i go ask?
The child is a gift from God,don't be ingrates
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
IGE ADUBI is that you? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by TrishaP(f): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ok, would it be better if it were an albino?

3 Likes

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by musicwriter(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
That's when genes malfunction. It's called mutation. It can happen to anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nihilist: 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
grin
lalasticlala:
The joy and excitement that comes with childbirth is absent to the family of Frances Omgbolo when his wife gave birth to a dwarf baby.

It was gathered that the woman, 26, who was rushed to the labour room, came with full term pregnancy and was later delivered of a dwarf.

A source at the hospital said Omgbolo, a 41-year- old civil servant from Obrigbene community in Ekeremor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, was thrown into confusion when he learnt that his wife has given birth to a dwarf, describing it as mysterious

Reacting to the unusual experience, Mrs. Omgbolo said she was shocked at the sight of the baby. According to her: “What I saw as a baby, I could not believe I carried it for nine months. Never in my life have I seen a thing like this. [size=18pt]This is my third pregnancy. I have three children, my first pregnancy was twins without any form of dwarfism. I don’t know where this is coming from. Since the outset of this pregnancy, I have had several challenges, including bad dreams. It is the handiwork of my enemies. But I thank God I am strong after delivery.”[/size]

Imagine the grown up dwarf reading his mother's comments in 20 years grin grin grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
Haaaaa.... Madam kilode?, rmba Aki and pawpaw... Daris a story der
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
what does she mean by she has never seen such a thing before? angry is the baby not a human being like u and me? so because the baby is a dwarf, he is automatically useless? undecided this woman doesn't deserve to be a mother!
she should create a baby, and let's see how it will look like undecided

if there is no form of dwarfism in their family.... then a DNA test must be done! I don't trust this woman angry

7 Likes

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
It's a clear case of 'Achondroplasia'. It's a genetic disorder.

Well, the condition is genetically dorminant(nt recessive as reported). Gene mutation occurred in one of the two parents.

They should look on the bright side. "MI" is faring well in the music industry, isn't he?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by tempem: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Heya. There is hope, though.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by yorke1: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
lalasticlala:

Reacting to the unusual experience, Mrs. Omgbolo said she was shocked at the sight of the baby. According to her: “What I saw as a baby, I could not believe I carried it for nine months. Never in my life have I seen a thing like this. This is my third pregnancy. I have three children, my first pregnancy was twins without any form of dwarfism. I don’t know where this is coming from. Since the outset of this pregnancy, I have had several challenges, including bad dreams. It is the handiwork of my enemies. But I thank God I am strong after delivery.”

Speaking to our correspondent, Dr. Chuks Obonodi and Dr. Ekene Okwuje of the Bomadi General Hospital, where the woman gave birth, described the condition as Achonodroplasia (a baby with short limb).

The medical personnel explained that the woman who had a still birth about noon on the fateful day presented complications known as footing breach presentation with excessive amniotic fluid.

On dwarfism, Dr. Okwuje explained: “It is a genetic problem amongst parents with recessive genes. It only exhibits when both parents have the traits.”

http://leadership.ng/news/395288/bizarre-husband-wife-shock-giving-birth-dwarf
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by Amule5000us(m): 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by ritababe(f): 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Eeerm mrs wife you sure say your hand clean so, if you born two children wey no be dwarf where this one come from? I hope its not what am thinking.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by FemoLondon: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
This is medically possible. Web quote:

Most people with dwarfism have a change in any of several specific genes that interfere with the normal development of cartilage and bones. Since the longest bones in the human body are located in the arms and legs, this interference in normal bone development most commonly results in shorter limbs, which give dwarfs their short stature.
Re: Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf by kepal99(m): 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lol...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? / How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / 10 Family Members Locked In Cage In Bayelsa Over Land Dispute (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.