Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

2015: Age Shouldn't Be An Issue In This Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Age Shouldn't Be An Issue In This Election (371 Views)

Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview / if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics / #MUST READ# BUHARI 2015 Age Is Not Barrier- David West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015: Age Shouldn't Be An Issue In This Election by Positivist: 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
by George Onmonya Daniel
-----------------------------------
Muhammadu Buhari is 72 years old. 72 is not too old to become a president. The reason why age has been an issue in Nigeria is that the old people who hold this country hostage since independence are still in power raping and looting the nation blind without thinking. It is only in Nigeria that you see an old man, someone like Tony Anineh and Olusegun Obasanjo still building doing contracts and building estates. Our old men have become old men without wisdom. What can they teach us? Nothing. That's why the young people are saying we need young people to take over. However, over the years the old men have trained indisciplined, spoilt and ungrateful children and successors that even if these people take over power, they will become worse than the old crooks.

What we need today is a discipline man, a leader who will bring respect to our nation. A man who would stand for us and we would all be proud that he represents us. Who cares if he or she is forty years old or eighty years old.

I must tell you brothers and sisters. Look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself who is worthy of becoming the president in 2015? Who will represent me better. Forget religion and tribe. Yes, a lot has happened and some of us are angry that these things happened. People were killed here and there and some people didn't talk about the matter when they should have talked. I have written about this over and over again over the years. I have said my mind and I don't care what anyone thinks of what I says about it. I say my mind because I am convinced about whatever I say and have said all over these years. And this is not the last thing I will be saying here but I want you to remember this one thing I am saying right now.

On Valentines Day, February 14th, 2015, two months from now, vote people because you believe they can not because of all the fight we have fought. Vote a man, a woman, because you believe in them. Don't vote for any other reason than that. Believe me this is not about age and it shouldn't be. This is not about religion and it shouldn't be. This is not about tribe and it shouldn't be. This should be about I like Nigeria as it is right now or I want to do something about it. That doing something about it maybe your vote for Muhammadu Buhari or Goodluck Jonathan. For whatever reason you vote make sure it is something revolutionary. I personally don't like the gang up on Goodluck Jonathan by a cabal who feel they can change Nigeria or destroy it. Goodluck Jonathan's winning will be destroying the cabal's ego. If Goodluck Jonathan wins I will love to see their faces. But who wouldn't be excited by Muhammadu Buhari winning this one? I will.
Re: 2015: Age Shouldn't Be An Issue In This Election by Mclick(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Yea, all we need in this Nation is one man willing to pay the sacrifice, not a self serving who is the name of serving us try to entrench himself in the polity, enrich himself and his cronies. One man that is not greedy, ready to flood corruption out by been himself an example. One man that will make rule of law viable by abiding by it himself holding all others accountable, serve just one term and organise a credible election free and fair election void of his interest. With the above I hope can also detribalise Nigeria and show that where you come from doesn't matter but your heart and love for Nigeria and Nigerians, such a man will be able to harness our potentials and move the nation forward against all odds

(1) (Reply)

.live internet broadcast from Emperor oduduwa ademusiwa / Elections Will Hold In Troubled Areas, CDS Assures / 2015: Reclaiming The Future: Think And Create, Not Talk And Consume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.