Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes (75431 Views)

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. / Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes / Who Is Buhari's VP, Osinbajo, Osinbajo Or Osibanjo? Right Spelling Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by expertfingers(m): 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
watered:
Now I can confidently say GEJ till 2019. What a wrong strategy? Honestly myself would have helped APC map out dia strategy.

A great strategy is obviously not very obvious.
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Stamfordking(m): 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
Whao. Congratulations, Prof. This comes as the rewards for your relentless court battles for the APC.
Fact:
He is a Senior pastor of RCCG.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by SterlingTowers(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Yemi Osinbajo is the senior partner at SimmonsCooper Partners. Yemi is a professor of law and a former attorney-general of Lagos State and Commissioner for Justice. He is also a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN). Yemi was educated at the University of Lagos, Nigeria (LLB, 1978) and the London School of Economics (LLM, 1980). He was admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1979. He has authored several books on civil procedure in Nigerian superior courts, rules of evidence and justice reform.

Yemi has 31 years of litigation experience including significant trial and appellate work. Yemi supervises the commercial litigation group at SimmonsCooper Partners (SCP). Yemi is regarded as one of the finest advocates in Nigeria. Yemi has conducted very important constitutional and precedential cases before the Nigerian Supreme Court. Some of these include fiscal disputes between the federating units and the federal government; disputes regarding the ownership and control of oil and gas resources; town and physical planning disputes between the federating units and the federal government; an international territorial jurisdictional dispute in the West African sub-regional court; shareholder disputes involving a multinational, private investors and state-owned investment corporations and energy disputes arising from multinational participation in power projects in Nigeria. In other cases, Yemi has advised and represented clients in a broad range of commercial and corporate issues including securities litigation, investments and divestments, joint ventures, oil block acquisitions, product liability, fiduciary duties of directors, intellectual property, and corporate valuations. He is also involved in statutory and regulatory appraisal representation before the legislature and federal and state agencies.

While in public office as attorney general, Yemi is credited with undertaking far-reaching significant judicial reform in Lagos State, addressing critical areas as judges’ recruitment, remuneration, training and discipline. In addition, he addressed access to justice for the poor by establishing appropriate institutions in the Office of the Public Defender (OPD) and the Citizens Mediation Centre (CMC). In honour of his contributions to legal reform and the development of law in Nigeria, a compendium of essays on Nigerian constitutional law was compiled. The authors of these essays were senior lawyers and law professors with a foreword provided by a past chief justice of Nigeria.

Yemi is a member of the International Bar Association and the British Institute of International and Comparative Law and has served in the Nigerian Body of Benchers and the Council for Legal Education of Nigeria. He is currently an independent director of CitiBank Nigeria and an ethics adviser to the board of the Africa Development Bank. He has also served in various capacities within the United Nations Organisation. Yemi speaks frequently at several commercial litigation events locally and internationally. He is actively involved in the pursuit of legal education reform in Nigeria.
Copyright © 2011 SimmonsCooper Partners. http://www.scp-law.com/index.php/Yemi-Osinbajo

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by watchindelta(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
buhari is not gallant so he nd somebody like idiagbon again grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by kennydee4real78(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
APC all d way.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Amaechi is a great man with or without being the V.P.... APC must win ...Dakuku is the man, buhari is our President

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Dekingmoses(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
AreaFada2:

Has magnitude but no direction.

The Vector quantity is already using umbrella to shelter comfortably at Aso Villa till 2027 grin

So Amaechi thinks Hausa-Fulani will make him Oil Minister if they win, na drean he dey dream.
. Jonathan till thy kingdom come

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Atouke: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
Amaechi's loss is the main theme of prof osibanjo's victory. Amaechi has been schooled on how a master like Tinubu plays politics.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by sukkot: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
watchindelta:
buhari is not gallant so he nd somebody like idiagbon again grin grin grin grin
now that was one crazy nigga cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
9jii:
I Believed if Amechie wants VP slot he would've gotten it.
APC members are not about self ego,they are bout working together for the Interest of Nigerians.they're changed men and women.

THE CHANGE IS COMING 2015
ITS OVER FOR THE CORRUPT

Tinubu knows that Buhari will eventually end up like that slowpoke yar Adua and his game plan is for power to return to the south west. A very smart move but amaechi is too blind insulting Mr president to see tinubu calculation and he has wasted rivers state future generation money on APC... He will definitely regret it in no distance time.

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by 2Mekus: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
9jii:
I Believed if Amechie wants VP slot he would've gotten it.
APC members are not about self ego, they are bout working together for the Interest of Nigerians.they're changed men and women.
[size=8pt][/size]
THE CHANGE IS COMING 2015
ITS OVER FOR THE CORRUPT

Tinubu working for the interest of the Nigerians and a changed man?? I dey laugh o! Can a rogue change its skin

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
oziegbe2015:

A nice move, the man is a yoruba to seal the west where apc controls and a pastor of r.c.c.g.
( childish + DNA of a tribalist spotted)

he is a friend of adeboye (DUMB & CHILDISH).
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by humilitypays(m): 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
When I see Nigerians giving APC mass support in the hope that they have come to rescue Nigeria from corruption, I laugh.

General Buhari you knew in 1983 is not the same Buhari you know in 2014.

1. Buhari was a military head of state in 1983 and had absolute power to dictate things and fight corruption as he wants with the help of Idiagbon his ADC.

Now, Buhari is coming as a democatically elected president (if at all he wins), which means before he can act or fight or prosecute any corrupt politician (past and present), he must get senate and reps approval and then they must pass through judiciary to finalise the prosecution, and of course this take ages to end...which means, no hope for immediate fight against corruption as all Nigerians anticipate if Buhari wins.

2. 80% of past thieves and corrupt politicians in Nigeria have all decamped to APC just because Goodluck is not dancing to their evil beats...and now they have all become saints.

OBJ, Tinubu, Atiku, Rochas, Amaechi, just name them are now APC chieftains and supporters just to ensure Goodluck fails, and now how do u Nigerians expect Buhari to act if he wins when he is being surrounded corrupt politicians now wearing a new party uniform- APC

3. If Buhari wins next year, he will act based on his party road map...and of course APC is a gathering of thieves just like PDP, so what's the difference and the noise of change all about

OBJ the most corrupt man in Nigeria is now acting like a saint and Nigerians are listening to him instead of stoning him to death, sighs

Nigerians take it or leave it, all these Goodluck must go cry and campaign is a tribalistic/religious war!

Buhari will fail Nigerians more than Goodluck failed Nigerians if he wins, but where it hurts me is that Nigerians won't cry and condemn him as much as they condemned Goodluck now just because Buhari is from a majority tribe and a religious background that believe in mob system and backup their religious brethren no matter how bad he/she is.

Meanwhile, if Buhari wins come 2015, he will not do anything to end Boko Haram, rather Boko Haram will happily drop their arms because their own person has finally climbed the thrown, and then, MEND will rise up again!

There's trouble ahead, Nigerians be careful and pray.

We Nigerians would have just be calm and allowed Goodluck to do his best and let all see that he failed on his own and then next year all Nigerians vote their choice again...but not the radical, tribalistic and religious way we are doing it, we want to cause more trouble for Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by akhis: 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
boujaye:

Sorry! dead on arrival, this package (GMB) is not ISO9001 certified cool

Are you still using ISO9001 for certification? Haba, certification don pass that state na.
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Mogidi: 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
[size=15pt]CONGRATULATIONS TO PDP FOR INFLUENCING APC VP ASPIRANT.[/size]

Buhari should try again in 2019 with Fashola.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by igbokwesampson(m): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
I said it earlier in a thread that Amaechi will not only be disappointed but will be disgraced by his same APC, this have proved PDP right that Tinubu controls Buhari and APC
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Day11(m): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
Atouke:
The Nomination Of APC VP has made my day today, congratulation to pastor Osinbajo for your nomination as APC VP candidate. You deserve it better than The betrayer Amaechi. And Congrats to ex- dictator and coupist GMB for his nomination too as APC Presidential candidate i wish you both Goodluck in 2015!
APC thank you for rendering Amaechi politically irrelevant, by using and dumping him.

Jonzing thingz huh?

Relax bro, Amaechi is not complaining why are you?

Naija pipu self...shm

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by felifeli: 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lafem:
The APC Presidential flag-bearer has finally put an end to speculations on who becomes his Vice with the adoption of Yemi Osibanjo as his running mate ahead of other candidates thrown up for the position like Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State.

...Details later.

Culled from: http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/breaking-buhari-picks-osibanjo-running-mate

Very good indeed !!
Buhari wil become president , Two years later he will die like Yaradua and Yoruba man will become president again .
APC for ever!!
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
Jarus:
This is not a good choice abeg.

At least 2 things are wrong here

1, No SS or SE on the ticket. These 2 regions are known for solidarity (our son) votes. SW don't need their son on ticket to vote for anyone.

2, APC need someone with already established visibility. Osinbajo doesn't satisfy this.

Amaechi or Oshiomole or even Rochas would have been better choice.

I beg to differ bro. That's APC 's joker. It's not all about visibility/popularity. They bring in master of an industry and who has impeccable character/personality. Osibanjo has a selling point and just a matter of time that people buy into it. Check out Fashola

It will interest you to know that before the previous election when GMB picked Pastor tunde bakare, he has always rooted for some1 from the SE but that didn't reflect in the outcome of the election.

Even the Great Ojukwu couldn't muster more than 155000 votes from his brethen when he contested for President. so where is the solidarity (our son) votes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by bigblxd(m): 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
[quote author=XRAY21 post=28904624]

Even if the chose him who is voting for apc
Any one that sponsors or vote apc has wasted his money ana vote

Funny enough I se so many wasted vote all over

All buhari want is presidential burial

Jeeezzz, this guy no go kill person! What a technical knockout. Hmmm, APC!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by oziegbe2015: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
[quote author=byrron post=28905142][/quote]am only a realist the north and west are apc major hold and they should seal it. The east is gej but hopefully i hope they see Osinbajo is christian
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Stamfordking(m): 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
At the Lauching of 'Opon Imo' in Osun State. My elder brother,who is a geology graduate of FUTA ran to him, showed him his cv, persuading for an employment opportunity.

Few months later, My Brother received a surprising call from Prof. Osibanjo, asking him to come down to Lagos, to join one of his firms. He employed my brother, not minding the fact that he was completely a stranger, a son of nobody.

As far as i know, he is a good man,indeed.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
[size=17pt]i'm not sure this i what we need, we need both intellectual and political strength. amaechi or oshiomole would have carried weight. Now APC is burdened with telling people about Osinbajo, why not someone already popular, with reasonable support base. Frankly unimpressed

CHANGE!! all the same[/size]

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
ThundrCork:
who is he?

Modified:

Yemi Osibanjo, SAN is a Nigerian professor of Public law, former Solicitor General and Anthony-General of Lagos State, Nigeria

source: Wikipedia

i doubt your source grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by jaybee3(m): 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
Jarus:
This is not a good choice abeg.

At least 2 things are wrong here

1, No SS or SE on the ticket. These 2 regions are known for solidarity (our son) votes. SW don't need their son on ticket to vote for anyone. Plus, at this point in time, SE and SS see APC as Yoruba/Hausa party. They have provided more reinforcement to this.

2, APC need someone with already established visibility. Osinbajo doesn't satisfy this.

Amaechi or Oshiomole or even Rochas would have been better choice.
It's obvious they are trying to counter the Islamist tag that buhari has somewhat failed to shed

Didn't he also field pastor tunde bakare during the last election

These people just won't learn.. shior

The man may have impeccable CV but he has no proven record of deliveries on a national/local level

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Atouke: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
Oh how has the mighty fallen, the chairman of governors forum, the man in charge of Nigerias second biggest state treasury after lagos, could not foster political cohesion to get a VP slot from APC despite all the billions of rivers state funds wasted on APC campaigns and sponsorship? Gov. Amaechi should be openly flogged for being such a failure.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
qtx:
Hey APC has made huge err, who is yemi osibanjo? that unpopular guy who is not known beyond the boundaries of Lagos state? what happened to osho baba or even this rivers man that has rubbished himself fighting everybody including his own brothers with d aim of getting the VP position? amadioha Sorry AMAECHI? Even though Fashola or Oshomole would have been the best but for some political matrices that failed to suite them, Its important most times to look before we leap o.
The choice of Osinbajo is simple: Unlike Amaechi, Fashola or Osho baba, who are experienced politicians/governors, Osinbajo is a political rookie.
Thus, it would be very easy for Tinubu and GMB to sleep at night knowing that the Prof. won't upstage the General.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Applaner: 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
which religion?

moslem moslem ticket?

chei, buhari go cry dis time till he faint
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by theV0ice: 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
I'll rather wait for an official announcement first
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
hmmm! why do i doubt this news! angry?....even unverified news finds its way to the front page
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
grin grin grin
Tinubu is a smart man
Bridgetown:

Tinubu knows that Buhari will eventually end up like that slowpoke yar Adua and his game plan is for power to return to the south west. A very smart move but amaechi is too blind insulting Mr president to see tinubu calculation and he has wasted rivers state future generation money on APC... He will definitely regret it in no distance time.
Amaechi reminds me of Nuhu ribadu who went from frying pan to fire.
I wished Oshiomole was picked well Goodluck to Nigerians
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Mogidi: 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
Picture of Obama laughing as he was told Buhari had picked another "Tunde Bakare"

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

“Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement / Governor Sanwo-Olu: Nobody Was Killed In Lekki Toll Gate Shooting / Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.