Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

What Are The Criteria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Criteria? (694 Views)

Gov Yahaya Bello's Choice Of Deputy Meets Legal, Political And Social Criteria / APC Lists Criteria For Senate Presidential Candidate- Punch / REVEALED: Read The Criteria Buhari Hands APC Governors For Ministerial Nominee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Criteria? by iz2much: 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2008
Please What are the criteria for me , if i need to be a good politician, Cause that had been my dream
Re: What Are The Criteria? by Muza(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2008
you must be greedy,fraudulent,selfish and insensitive,
thats where you have to start,those are the necessary and sufficient criteria but there are more.
Re: What Are The Criteria? by diggler(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2008
U need to refine ur question to include the context under which u want to be a good politician.

The political terrain varies from country to country and culture to culture.

Generally speaking, my advise to u is as follows;

don't get too attached to any friends u make today, because they might be ur enemies tomorrow.
  If u are the stingy type especially whilst on ur way up, then thats a habit u'll need to drop (share the money, when u get there u'll recoup)
  learn to skirt around issues without necessarily committing to a position this lesson is from Obama, the Rhetoric master.

Basically read & master the 48 laws of power by Robert Greene and apply any law as the situation calls for it. (remember these laws tend to cancel each other out so redefine them to suit ur personality).

Finally if u're Nigerian, make sure ur Jazz (Juju) is the latest and most potent.
and most importantly dont forget to settle me when u get there or i'll set the proverbial banana peel for U.

good luck as u build ur political career.
Re: What Are The Criteria? by NegroNtns(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2008
@post,

If you want to be a career politician and a good one my suggestion to you is that many of the issues you will encounter are not taught in classrooms anywhere.

1 - People. First, develop interest in people. Second, develop interest in people. Third, develop interest in people. Your interaction and study of people will solidify your understanding of the strengths and weaknesses inherent in humans, so that when you look a person in the face you are able to evaluate and respond to the desires of the soul.

2 - Identify your path to fulfillment. What fulfills you? Not everyone will be a President and people often become disillusioned in life by focusing on the Presidency that they neglect the position of the Council Chairmanship. Do you want to serve the people and would that involvement bring satisfaction in your life? If so, then you can serve the people from any political position in the council, the state legislature, as governor or as president or even as an ambassador.

3 - Have a cause. You must have an ideology, a philosophical value, a creed, a mission, . . some greater force beside yourself but in which truth you passionately believe and are driven to see manifest.

4 - Enjoy life. Nurture yourself onto noble lifestyles. You do not have to be rich to live nobly. Enjoy good music, enjoy good party, enjoy good company, enjoy good movies, elevate your mind and soul, never miss an opportunity for a healthy and intense sex. Sex is a process of rebirth, an act of rejuvenation for renewing your potency. You dispose static charges and you acquire fresh energy from the cosmos. Politicians bring newness into society, they need constant renewal in their own life.

Good luck buddy! cheesy
Re: What Are The Criteria? by Encomium(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2008
It all depend in the country you want to achieve that, in Nigeria is all about having godfather as well as visiting deadly shrines on daily basis.

(1) (Reply)

Police And Chrismas Protection Or Harrassment / Ribadu Shuns Police Disciplinary Committee / Speaking The Mind Of My Fellow Corps Members!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.