Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Open Letter To Seun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To Seun (1392 Views)

To Seun / Open Letter Of Complaint To Seun Osewa / Kudos To Seun Osewa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Seun by auwal87(m): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2008
Indeed, Nairaland has been successful in Nigeria, you have got more than 268,821 members (as at today). But Nairaland is still a forum, I just feel there is need the you re-shuffle your website to a more engaging and social site, if you don't want a total re-makeup, you can at least add some Modules available for this SMF engine.

For example, you can add a Chatroom module which is important for members to have live conversation and engage more with your members as well. Or you can add so many features available to engage members and bring more people to the website.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by ztyle(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2008
And where is this seun guy?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Encomium(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2008
Auwal87, you really made a point. I believe, he will do something urgently about it.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by skipo87(m): 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2008
undecided there is a chatroom, the thing is if u go there u'l end up chattin with just ur self
Re: Open Letter To Seun by CrazyMan(m): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2008
I don't think Seun should make a chat room on Nairaland. Because if he does, the quality of the forum would fall as everyone would be rushing to the chat room to look for a partner.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by auwal87(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2008
skipo87:

undecided there is a chatroom, the thing is if u go there u'l end up chattin with just ur self

Please where is the link to the chat room?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by iice(f): 10:02am On Dec 07, 2008
Is it not engaging enough with the 26000 plus members and people signing up everyday?
Is it not sociable enough with all these people posting each day, making friends?

It's not important to have a chatroom. It's a bluidy forum!
If you want a live talk, there is always yim, msn, aim, icq, google and what not.

crazykid:

I don't think Seun should make a chat room on Nairaland. Because if he does, the quality of the forum would fall as everyone would be rushing to the chat room to look for a partner.

I agree, and threads that need answers or engaging debates will be left alone because people are rushing to do BRB undecided
Re: Open Letter To Seun by auwal87(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2008
Nigerians registered on Nairaland are far more than those registered on Facebook

Facebook has 114,438 members in the Nigerian Network
Nairaland has 269,100 members and counting

At least he should start planning of expanding his website into something more profitable than Google AdSense. Let him offer services like Free email @nairaland.com, chat rooms, news section, all these things will make the site more engaging. Its just an advise oooooooo. Let not the site just stay as a Forum and that's it, let it expand to something big, for Nigerians and even Non Nigerians to embrace more.

Look at Yahoo for example, it was just a simple search engine with very few links, but now has many sections, E-mail, News, Games, HotJobs, Groups, Messenger, Autos, Travel, you know so many things. That is development, look at Google also.

Anyway, I knew he read the open letter, so it is left for him, if likes the advise and use that's it, if not, then let it stay like this forever, I don't mind ooooo.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Seun(m): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2008
Thanks a million for your suggestion. I appreciate it very much.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by auwal87(m): 9:41am On Dec 08, 2008
You are most welcome. Hope to start seeing new developments soon.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2008
Many thanks to Seun that create this site. You guys have spoken well. Seun pls do something fast. We are all wating.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by auwal87(m): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2012
3 years and 3 months. This is what we get from Seun. New Template?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by OAM4J: 5:00am On Mar 14, 2012
auwal87: 3 years and 3 months. This is what we get from Seun. New Template?

lol

At least he added Friends Feature. cheesy
Re: Open Letter To Seun by tpia5: 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2012
um, this friends thing is one of the main reasons why i'm not overly active on facebook?

cant handle the volume.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by OAM4J: 5:09am On Mar 16, 2012
^But you can handle only me here, so lets be friends cool
Re: Open Letter To Seun by auwal87(m): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2012
Update:

Facebook now has 4million+ people from Nigeria
Nairaland now has 850,000+ members
Re: Open Letter To Seun by tpia5: 11:25pm On Mar 31, 2012
Facebook now has 4million+ people from Nigeria

most are in the diaspora.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by tpia5: 11:27pm On Mar 31, 2012
3 years and 3 months. This is what we get from Seun. New Template?

yes.

nothing unusual about that, being nigeria.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by auwal87(m): 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
tpia@:

most are in the diaspora.

And no Nairaland members in the diaspora? undecided
Re: Open Letter To Seun by tpia5: 1:49am On Jun 08, 2012
What's your point?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by auwal87(m): 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
tpia@:
What's your point?

You said most facebook users of Nigeria are in diaspora,
so I asked, aren't there nairaland users of Nigeria in diaspora?

(1) (Reply)

Is Gsm An Unavoidable Evil In Nigeria? / Swagger Papa: Ere Aigboran: Soon - To - Come / The 28th Anniversary Of Akwa Ibom State/launching Of Dakkada Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.