Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Possible Interview Questions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Possible Interview Questions (679 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible Interview Questions by yawatide(f): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2008
So I have been chatting with the moderator for while and it hit me that this could be a good topic for the board.

If you were an employer (or even someone looking to collab), what kind of questions would you ask potential employees?

I will allow for some posts before I put down mine.
Re: Possible Interview Questions by OmniPotens(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2008
Just too tough in here for this thread. People might not really understand what I see in here but it is a very much wanted thing. Developers seeking employment would really come in and see what stands in wait for them. Nice shot yawa. Let me give a clue to what I think I'll look out for.

Web Developer

::: Have you done any web? I go view the source code and see what you have there. I try to understand your development ideology. I ask you questions based on the current standards (HTML 5 and CSS 2.0) with regards your development to understand if you are moving along with the W3C standards and stuffs like that. They are sure to be asked things like why tables opposed to divs (stuffs like that).

::: I'll ask them issues I pick around this forum. Things like how they prefer to work, single or group and the effects.
::: I would ask them about the difference between a Web Designer and Programmer.
::: Yes, SEO is something else I would ask them about. How do they think they can skyrocket their webs to remain on the first page of the Google when accessed.
::: Being social really matters here. I'll understand from what they tell me about their like and dislikes on how they would attend to their clients.
::: Another thing I would do was asking them to programme a simple concept of anything that they can come up with in a matter of some limited minutes. This will tell me more on how smart they are in conceiving and harnessing ideas.
::: Though Marketing is not too paramount but I mustn't fail to know how you would target at getting clients and keeping them for say in the next 3 years, patronizing you.

In fact, so many things can still come in here. Mode of the day can usher in more things to integrate. But I think this ones here, I wouldn't miss them out at all. The bottom line is just to make them understand they are not just there to get paid and off they go but that they are there like to give back to the community though getting paid for it anyway.

These for now. Will add more later.
Re: Possible Interview Questions by Sprumbaba: 7:57am On Dec 08, 2008
Re: Possible Interview Questions by OmniPotens(m): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2008
A mix tongue

If you can really proved yo have all the needed skill, don't you think you can stand the test of anything? You'd better learnt all man. Don't let any and say, that's not for me. What if that became the wanted thing?
Re: Possible Interview Questions by dammytosh: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2008
I will simply ask 4 simple questions

1. What can you do ?
2. What have u done ?
3. How long will it take you to finish XYZ project ?
4. What is your idea about UX ?
Re: Possible Interview Questions by yawatide(f): 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2008
How about this?

I pull out a folder with a stack of paper, then I ask him/her, "There are 100 other people applying for this same position. Why should I hire you and not them?"

Na so bobos go dey sweat tongue
Re: Possible Interview Questions by OmniPotens(m): 3:35pm On Dec 08, 2008
Yawa, you will simply make them feel frustrated kind of if really they have not much to show to defend their claims. It is a nice idea though but, whew!, if I were the one and saw those pile of papers, I'll start crying internally even tongue
Re: Possible Interview Questions by yawatide(f): 3:54pm On Dec 08, 2008
and that is the point mr moderator cool

Some questions aren't meant to be answered or answered correctly at that. Some questions are meant simply to see how you react when put on the spot, or under pressure. If you start sweating, crying, looking at the ceiling or scratching your head cos of an imaginary itch, sorry, but I can't work with you. Period!

This is why, when asking questions, you start light and easy to soften them up. then gbosa! you hit them with a random hard question out of nowhere grin

It's all about separating the wheat from the chaff man wink

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best And Affordable Keyword Research Tool / Blood Sucking Spamers In The Net / I Need Developers To Outsource Jobs To. Urgent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.