Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! (3452 Views)

19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name / Things You Never Knew Would Do The Trick (photos) / 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2014
I hope you like this. Enjoy!

1. The Gambia has only one university.
2. Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s only Spanish-speaking country.
3. South Africa is the most visited African country.
4. Nigeria has the richest Black people in Africa.
5. Samuel Eto’o is the highest paid Footballer of all time, he received about £350,000 weekly in Russia in 2011.
6. A person from Botswana is called a Motswana, the plural is Batswana.
7. A person from Lesotho is called a Mosotho.
8. A person from Niger is called a Nigerien.
8. A person from Burkina Faso is called a Burkinabe.
9. Nigeria has won more football cups than England.
10. Zimbabwe’s President, Robert Gabriel Mugabe is the world’s most educated President with 7 degrees, two of them are Masters.
11. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest club in Africa.
12. Didier Drogba is Chelsea’s highest goal scorer in European competition.
13. Johannesburg, South Africa is the most visited city in Africa.
14. Zinedine Zidane wanted to play for Algeria, but the selector rejected him, saying they are already many players like him in the team.
15. President Jacob Zuma was once a referee in prison.
16. President Robert Mugabe was jailed for 11 years for fighting for freedom.
17. President Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He was born 1924.
18. The Seychellois are the most educated Africans. Seychelles’ literacy rates (Adult: 92%, Youth: 99%) Zimbabwe is 2nd (Adult: 91.2%, Youth: 99%).
19. Rwanda is a better country for gender equality than England and USA.
20.Somalia got its first ATM on October 7, 2014.
21. South Africa has the most Grammy award winners in Africa.
22. Ethiopia has the most airports in Africa.
23. Ethiopia’s economy is growing faster than China’s.
24. Eritrea’s President, Isaiah Afwerki is the least richest President in Africa.
25. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country, it has existed for over 3,000 years without beingcolonised.
26. Haile Selassie 1 was the 225th and last Emperor of Ethiopia.
27. Nigeria has the most monarchs in the world.
28. Angola has more Portuguese speakers than Portugal.
29. President Jose Eduardo Dos Santos has ruled Angola since 1979.
30. President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo is Africa’s longest serving Head of State. He has ruled Equatorial Guinea since August 3, 1979 when he overthrew his uncle, Francisco Nguema. His son, Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue is his Vice President and will succeed him if he resigns. He started ruling Dos Santo

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by holatin(m): 9:10am On Dec 16, 2014
Nigeria politician are the richess politicians in Africa

2 Likes

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by KMB: 9:22am On Dec 16, 2014
No 20 & 23 interesting

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by MduZA: 9:32am On Dec 16, 2014
BornSad:
I hope you like this. Enjoy!

1. The Gambia has only one university.
2. Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s only Spanish-speaking country.
3. South Africa is the most visited African country.
4. Nigeria has the richest Black people in Africa.
5. Samuel Eto’o is the highest paid Footballer of all time, he received about £350,000 weekly in Russia in 2011.
6. A person from Botswana is called a Motswana, the plural is Batswana.
7. A person from Lesotho is called a Mosotho.
8. A person from Niger is called a Nigerien.
8. A person from Burkina Faso is called a Burkinabe.
9. Nigeria has won more football cups than England.
10. Zimbabwe’s President, Robert Gabriel Mugabe is the world’s most educated President with 7 degrees, two of them are Masters.
11. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest club in Africa.
12. Didier Drogba is Chelsea’s highest goal scorer in European competition.
13. Johannesburg, South Africa is the most visited city in Africa.
14. Zinedine Zidane wanted to play for Algeria, but the selector rejected him, saying they are already many players like him in the team.
15. President Jacob Zuma was once a referee in prison.
16. President Robert Mugabe was jailed for 11 years for fighting for freedom.
17. President Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He was born 1924.
18. The Seychellois are the most educated Africans. Seychelles’ literacy rates (Adult: 92%, Youth: 99%) Zimbabwe is 2nd (Adult: 91.2%, Youth: 99%).
19. Rwanda is a better country for gender equality than England and USA.
20.Somalia got its first ATM on October 7, 2014.
21. South Africa has the most Grammy award winners in Africa.
22. Ethiopia has the most airports in Africa.
23. Ethiopia’s economy is growing faster than China’s.
24. Eritrea’s President, Isaiah Afwerki is the least richest President in Africa.
25. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country, it has existed for over 3,000 years without beingcolonised.
26. Haile Selassie 1 was the 225th and last Emperor of Ethiopia.
27. Nigeria has the most monarchs in the world.
28. Angola has more Portuguese speakers than Portugal.
29. President Jose Eduardo Dos Santos has ruled Angola since 1979.
30. President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo is Africa’s longest serving Head of State. He has ruled Equatorial Guinea since August 3, 1979 when he overthrew his uncle, Francisco Nguema. His son, Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue is his Vice President and will succeed him if he resigns. He started ruling Dos Santo

nice one

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by liveyourlife: 9:53am On Dec 16, 2014
Nice read!

From the computer to the iPad, technology is revolutionizing how we work, play, socialize, and learn (sometimes all at once). In celebration of Computer Science Education Week, here are my tots on the matter.

https://www.nairaland.com/2039862/6-technologies-changed-education-forever
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2014
KMB:

No 20 & 23 interesting

Bro, some countries are yet to get ATM till date.
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 16, 2014
holatin:

Nigeria politician are the richess politicians in Africa

No. 31. grin

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2014
liveyourlife:
Nice read!

From the computer to the iPad, technology is revolutionizing how we work, play, socialize, and learn (sometimes all at once). In celebration of Computer Science Education Week, here are my tots on the matter.

https://www.nairaland.com/2039862/6-technologies-changed-education-forever

Must you diver other people's threads to favour yours? undecided
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Francman(m): 10:28am On Dec 16, 2014
I like them mehn!

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Mustay(m): 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
If you could merge the points in No 25, I see no/less reason(s) No 3 & 13 couldn't.

I can condone the Eto'o stuff but not Drogba; that's not a major one if you know what I mean.

The meaning of Tswana makes one understand why the nationals are not called Botswanese or the likes wink

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botswana
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by omowolewa: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
Thatz good!
But how can a person preside over a nation since 1979?!
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by omowolewa: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Thatz good!
But how can a person be presiding over a nation since 1979?!

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nyc one op

shocked no 20 sha

Meanwhile

cheap etisalat card for sale @lower price
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by benuejosh: 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
1 very important fact. Adikpo London is the only London in Africa. Adikpo is the headquarters of kwande local government (ancestral home of the TIV nation) in Benue State. and the Tiv people are the fourth largest trip in nigeria. list of the present notable Tiv personalities include. minority leader of the senate is a tiv man, the former antorney general of the federation the ruled Nigeria for months when Yar'adua was sick Mr mike Aondoakaa is a Tiv man, present NAFDAC boss is a tiv man, former EFCC boss mre Farida Waziri was a Tiv woman, and host of others.
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Daniel058(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
Pressing up for FP
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by whizbee(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
Another fact..most nairalanders are also members of Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by LORDI(m): 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lol,...somila got it first atm this year,..2014.what a country?.

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nigeria has won more football cups than England
Hehehehehehehe grin grin
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by iebanehita(m): 8:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
very educative thread.
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by akinsadeez(m): 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Wow. I have actually learnt a couple of things from this. It is threads like these that should be on front page and not all those ''tonto dike farts'' threads.
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Hero10001: 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
32. At least a Crime happens every 10 minutes in South Africa.

33. The most advertised job in Nigeria is marketing while in South Africa, security.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Emmanuel247(m): 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Wow this is interesting
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Doortun(m): 12:11am On Dec 17, 2014
Africa has the best and predictable weather on earth

Nigerien is pronounced Neejarrion

Africa is the oldest continent on earth.

Africa if rotated in 90 degrees counter-clockwise it looks like a small gun and the trigger is located where Nigeria is and that is why we are the major reason for Africa's problem. grin

3 Likes

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by MisterLongman(m): 1:46am On Dec 17, 2014
I'm sure cashless and e-banking won't be available in Somalia until 2030

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by orobs93(m): 1:53am On Dec 17, 2014
Op nice one...what about the
IQ self confidence self believe and non dependent of africa
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Alvelt14(m): 2:30am On Dec 17, 2014
number 14 is more interesting, Hmmmm had i know
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Alvelt14(m): 2:33am On Dec 17, 2014
Doortun:

Africa if rotated in 90 degrees it looks like a small gun and the trigger is located where Nigeria is and that is why we are the major reason for Africa's problem. grin

lolz

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by mesoade(m): 4:54am On Dec 17, 2014
31. One out of every three southafrican man admits to rapping a woman.
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by donmalcolm21(m): 6:28am On Dec 17, 2014
Plz this should be on FP not Genevieve kissing pose.
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by Osyxcel(m): 6:36am On Dec 17, 2014
I knew some tho, so OP, never be too sure....
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by kekakuz(m): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2014
Cool. Nigerien different from nigerian
Which one are you
Re: 30 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! by soilsista(f): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2014
But number 6 & 7 also! Who doesn't know that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Admission Into Tansian University Umunya. 2017/2018 session / Photo Of UNILAG Exam Question Paper That Got People Talking / Obidients, It's Time To Update Your Status And Profile Pix With..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.