Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? (9332 Views)

Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 / Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations / Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
KADUNA REFINERY

The lubricating oil complex of Kaduna Refinery is the first of its kind in West Africa and one of the largest in Africa. The consulting firm, KING WILKINSON of Hague, Holland, in conjunction with NNPC engineers, developed the plan for the refinery. The contract for construction was awarded to CHIYODA CHEMICAL ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION COMPANY OF YOKOHAMA, Japan in 1977.

http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/krpc.aspx

Muhammadu Was the Petroleum Minister and NNPC Head in 1977

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
WARRI REFINERY

NNPC's long term plans for the development of a petrochemicals industry, were formulated in 1977, and were structured in 3 phases. The 1st phase comprised of 3 plants: a linear alkyl benzene plant (LAB) in Kaduna, and the carbon black and polypropylene plants in Warri. The 35,000 MTA Polypropylene and 18,000 MTA Carbon Black Plants built in Ekpan, Warri were commissioned in 1988 http://www.wrpcnnpcng.com/about2.htm

Muhammadu Buhari was the Petroleun Minister in 1977
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1948361_refineryopening_jpegf7c8bae7cf8406134cf2e27206ff3174

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
Omenka, phockphockman, obiagelli barcanista keneking gbawe demdem chamboy egift berem please your views
Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
However, credit must first go to Head of State, General Olusegun Obasanjo, because it was under his administration that Buhari signed and supervised the implementation of the Two Refinery projects

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
laBarca:
KADUNA REFINERY

I am surprised a whole media outfit couldn't do a simple search before going public.

God bless you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
Obiagelli:

I am surprised a whole media outfit couldn't do a simple search before going public.

God bless you
I dare say this that Thisday Publishing is sympathetic to the PDP led government. They have turned journalism into mockery

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Adminisher: 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
Obiagelli:

God bless you

Buhari was minster during the greatest expansion of our refining capacity and pipeline infrastructure.
However this is neither here nor there, all the credit goes to the young military governments of Gowon, Muhammad and Obasanjo. One thing we should thank Buhari for was the lack of corruption scandal with those projects, even then 10% was common. Now with GEJ government, it is 100% kickback by building the project and selling it cheaply to yourself and cronies whilst giving tax waivers for the first five years...lol.
The military rulers worked the National Development Plans well and they had very good civil servants to work with.
Everything got bad with IBB and became hell with Abacha. Abacha's son is now working with Jonathan.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by atlwireles: 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Adminisher:

Buhari was minster during the greatest expansion of our refining capacity and pipeline infrastructure.
However this is neither here nor there, all the credit goes to the young military governments of Gowon, Muhammad and Obasanjo. One thing we should thank Buhari for was the[b] lack of corruption scandal with those projects, [/b]even then 10% was common. Now with GEJ government, it is 100% kickback by building the project and selling it cheaply to yourself and cronies whilst giving tax waivers for the first five years...lol.
The military rulers worked the National Development Plans well and they had very good civil servants to work with.
Everything got bad with IBB and became hell with Abacha. Abacha's son is now working with Jonathan.

Like the N2.8B fraud, which was $4.6B back then, and around $17B today.

7 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
Adminisher:

However this is neither here nor there, all the credit goes to the young military governments of Gowon, Muhammad and Obasanjo. One thing we should thank Buhari for was the lack of corruption scandal with those projects, even then 10% was common. Now with GEJ government, it is 100% kickback by building the project and selling it cheaply to yourself and cronies whilst giving tax waivers for the first five years...lol.
of course, the Head of State first take the credit, while the Minister/NNPC Boss in-charge follow suit
Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Ngwakwe: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
The only thing that should be credited to Buhari is the stolen $2.8 billion under his watch.

From your reference, some sections of petrochemical plants were conceived.

I don't know when a section of a complex or addition of process is regarded as building a Refinery.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
laBarca:
WARRI REFINERY

Muhammadu Buhari was the Petroleun Minister in 1977

WOW!!! I believe you can do better than this... you just pick and chose which side of the coin to show us? I would thought by now, you guys should have given up already on the issue of Buhari building three out of four Nigeria refineries.

You stylishly ignored the first paragraph of the link which talked about the refinery itself... so let me complete your task for you

Following the feasibility studies undertaken by BEICIP, an international oil and gas consulting and software solution provider firm from Paris ,in 1974 for the Federal Government of Nigeria with the objectives to establish the demand and consumption patterns of petroleum products and also determine the size of a new refinery to be constructed, a tendering exercise involving international engineering contractors resulted in the award of a contract to Snamprogetti Spa of Milan , Italy , in 1975 The contract was for the design, procurement and construction of a new grassroots petroleum refinery in Warri[/b] The design capacity of the refinery was 100,000 bpd and the project duration was 30 months. This project was completed and the Warri Refinery was commissioned in 1978

What has building a refinery got to do with building of petrochemical plants

19 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by atlwireles: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ngwakwe:
The only thing that should be credited to Buhari is the stolen $2.8 billion under his watch.

From your reference, some sections of petrochemical plants were conceived.

I don't know when a section of a complex or addition of process is regarded as building a Refinery.

It was N2.8B which was way higher than $2.8B

3 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
laBarca:
KADUNA REFINERY

The decision to build the refinery was taken in 1974!!! do you think that to build a refinery is what you can just plan in less than a year? for your information, the process started in 1974, the visibility study started in 1975... That the project was signed in 1977 does not in any way mention Buhari as the signatory!.

Isn't laughable that when counting Buhari achievements, The Kaduna Refinery (which he knew nothing when it was conceived) is included, yet, OBJ who was the head of state at that time is never any credit??

I will repeat again.. what I have been asking Buhari supporters... List the achievements of Buhari as a HEAD OF STATE.. let us compare it that of Jonathan or other heads of states

19 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by chamboy(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
datolee:

The decision to build the refinery was taken in 1974!!! do you think that to build a refinery is what you can just plan in less than a year? for your information, the process started in 1974, the visibility study started in 1975... That the project was signed in 1977 does not in any way mention Buhari as the signatory!.

Isn't laughable that when counting Buhari achievements, The Kaduna Refinery (which he knew nothing when it was conceived) is included, yet, OBJ who was the head of state at that time is never any credit??

I will repeat again.. what I have been asking Buhari supporters... List the achievements of Buhari as a HEAD OF STATE.. let us compare it that of Jonathan or other heads of states
List Jonathan's Achievement as a Public Office Holder

4 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
Adminisher:

Well said, i like the fact that you spread the credit evenly. Today adeshina is credited for the agric reforms, buhari should get due credit.

1 Like

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Olaolufred(m): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
datolee:

WOW!!! I believe you can do better than this... you just pick and chose which side of the coin to show us? I would thought by now, you guys should have given up already on the issue of Buhari building three out of four Nigeria refineries.

You stylishly ignored the first paragraph of the link which talked about the refinery itself... so let me complete your task for you

What has building a refinery got to do with building of petrochemical plants

HE DOES NOT KNOW THERE IS ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO.
HIS KEYWORD IS PETRO. AND THAT IS ALL.
O MA SE O.

3 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
laBarca:
However, credit must first go to Head of State, General Olusegun Obasanjo, because it was under his administration that Buhari signed and supervised the implementation of the Two Refinery projects

Which two refineries? Warri was signed in 1975!!! Where was Buhari in 1975?

8 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
datolee:

You can twist all you want, i guess we can give gowon credit for the second Niger bridge that gej signed last year because the design process was done in the 70s.

6 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
datolee:

Which two refineries? Warri was signed in 1975!!! Where was Buhari in 1975?

When was it completed?

1 Like

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by GBTYO: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
As appointed minister of petroleum who do you expect to sign it?

Why glorify this?

Since we are on what he achieved as minister what about his legacy of stealing €2.8 billion pounds from NNPC account?

7 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Curlieweed: 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
laBarca:
KADUNA REFINERY

Signing a contract to build a refinery in Kaduna (hundreds of miles) from any crude oil source is a stupid thing to commend anyone for. That was one daft, politically determined, wasteful project. There is nothing to boast about here.

7 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
laBarca:
I dare say this that Thisday Publishing is sympathetic to the PDP led government. They have turned journalism into mockery

You are not far from the truth.
Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
Curlieweed:

Signing a contract to build a refinery in Kaduna (hundreds of miles) from any crude oil source is a stupid thing to commend anyone for. That was one daft, politically determined, wasteful project. There is nothing to boast about here.
You have no idea what you are talking about, why not do a simple Google search on the refinery, the website of the refinery is on this site. Go and read.
Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
Obiagelli:

When was it completed?

So it has changed from who signed it to when it was completed?

8 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by jmaine: 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
datolee:

Lolz . . . grin

5 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Ngwakwe: 5:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
Obiagelli:

When was it completed?

Stop the obfuscation, this thread was intended to disprove the recent circulations that Buhari did not build any refinery as accredited to him by his repackaging contractors.

Buhari never built Refinery - Fact

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
Obiagelli:

You can twist all you want, i guess we can give gowon credit for the second Niger bridge that gej signed last year because the design process was done in the 70s.

Your argument is neither here nor there.. can you prove to us that the contract was signed by Buhari on behalf of Nigeria? The correct thing to say is that OBJ built one out of the country's four refineries.

Your argument that the contract was signed in 1997, and Buhari was the NNPC chairman, therefore the must have signed the contract is to ignore the fact that the permanent secretary or other government minister or even the head of state can sign the same contract as well. The said refinery was even completed in 1980

9 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by tit(f): 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
Are you people not fedup?
With Buhari's operation feed the nation with lies!

10 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by PhockPhockMan: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
laBarca:
Omenka, phockphockman, obiagelli barcanista keneking gbawe demdem chamboy egift berem please your views
All credit goes to the president of the country as at that time, not a head of a parasstatal or minister.
Let's get our facts right.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by GBTYO: 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
http://bakerinstitute.org/media/files/page/9b067dc6/noc_nnpc_ugo.pdf

Click on the link above scroll to page 17 and read what legacy your uncle koworption left.

Poor or non existing records , Financial wrecklessness and outright emblezement.

4 Likes

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
datolee:

Are you being mischievous? My response was to the warri refinery. I will stop quoting you if you are.

1 Like

Re: Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? by GBTYO: 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
All credit goes to the president of the country as at that time, not a head of a parasstatal or minister.
Let's get our facts right.

And the president happen to be no other than Obasanjo who is currently praising Buhari because him and Buhari know about the missing €2.8 billion pounds back in 1978

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Doctored 2016 Budget, Mafia Or Rats? / APC Accuses Ortom Of Using Livestock Guard For Attacks In Benue / Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.