Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser - Forum Games (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser (24816 Views)

Test Your Self 'quantitative ' / ..............brain Teaser.......test Your Sense Of Reasoning..(photo) / Test Your Intelligence With These Three Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
easy. You ask if I had come yesterday which road would you have told me to pass. The one that lies would have told u the wrong road yesterday. But now will lie by telling you the right road. The one that says the truth will still say the right road so you know where to pass
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by bizking24(m): 10:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
I will say to each of them,
" if I ask your sister to show me the road that leads
to the village,which direction will she point to?"

Then I will go in the opposite direction.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by streetzz: 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
Jadela:
@ the original question,

The answer is very simple. I will ask either of the twins the question thus: "If I ask your second twin which road leads to the village, where would she point?". Thereafter, I'll simply choose the other road. One question is enough. I need not ask the second twin.

If I ask the one that speaks the truth, she would answer me that her twin sister will point in the wrong direction (Never-land). So, I'll choose the other way.

If I ask the one that lies, she would lie to me that her twin sister (who actually is truthful) will point in the Never-land direction. I'll still take the other direction. Either way, I'm good to go!
★★As simple as diz! No long tinn!★★
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by berbs112(m): 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
I'll just ask the sister that's always truthful the question; if I was asking her sister for the right way,what would be her response?
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by effic1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ishilove:
"You are travelling down a country lane to a distant village. You reach a fork in the road and find a pair of identical twin sisters standing there.

One sister is standing on the road to village and the other standing on the road to never-land (of course, you don't know or see where each road leads).

One of the sisters always tells the truth and the other always lies (of course, you don't know who is lying).

Both sisters know where the roads go.

If you are allowed to ask only one question to each of the sisters to find the correct road to the village,

What will be your question? I will ask the first girl if the other lady is her sister, and if she says yes that means it's the one that tells the truth and I will then ask the second girl where the road leads to whatever answer she gives me, I will quickly take the oposite knowing fully well that it's the other sister that always tells lies and the same way I will treat it if I met the liar first I will simply go with whatever the second sister which will obviously be the truth-teller

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Kbraims(m): 12:04am On Dec 17, 2014
My questn wl go lyk dis 2 any of them: ur mum jst won 2million MTN promo,where is d way 2 ur house twins...

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by isimino(m): 12:24am On Dec 17, 2014
ok
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by gbodimowo(m): 12:40am On Dec 17, 2014
dejt4u:
I will firstly use the 'fact' that I knw already to identify 'who is who' among the 2 of them (i.e the lier and the truthful one..)

I will just approach one of them and ask her that 'do you have a twin sister'

if her answer is YES, then I will knw that she is telling the truth and I will ask my question about the road..
==but if her answer is 'NO'.. I will knw that she is lying and I will still ask her my nxt question about the road but I will rather use the opposite of any answer she provide for me

You have failed u r only allowed to ask 1 question each
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by OKEMKPI: 5:06am On Dec 17, 2014
Hello sister ,which direction of road coming From the village will I follow to get to up country ?.

Since u are coming from the up country side And Already know the road,any of the twin that gives u answer contrary to the road to the up country which you already know,will tell you Which twin that lies and also let you the direction to the village
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by jimngam(m): 5:35am On Dec 17, 2014
Are you a girl?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by CuteEmma(f): 7:38am On Dec 17, 2014
Ishilove:
"You are travelling down a country lane to a distant village. You reach a fork in the road and find a pair of identical twin sisters standing there.

One sister is standing on the road to village and the other standing on the road to never-land (of course, you don't know or see where each road leads).

One of the sisters always tells the truth and the other always lies (of course, you don't know who is lying).

If you are allowed to ask only one question to each of the sisters to find the correct road to the village,

What will be your question?

Well, if it's the sister who always tell lies I meet first, I'll ask her ' Is that your sister?', of course, she would reply 'No' (so I know she's the liar). Then I'll ask the other for the road to the village. But If I meet the one tellin the truth first, I'll still ask her the same question, of course she would reply 'Yes', then I would go to the liar, ask her for the way to the village, of course she would point the wrong way, then I would go in the opposite direction.
But what if she repents just as she's about to tell me the way to the village, then I would be going to the land of no return when I take the opposite direction.

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Ask4delaw(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2014
donigspain:

You ask any of the sisters you FIRST approach:

Scenario A: Are you a female?
- If SHE answers "YES" then you proceed to the second sister (who you now know MUST be the liar sister) and ask which road leads to the village. Take the ALTERNATIVE road to her answer.

Scenario B: Are you a female?
- If SHE answers "NO" then she automatically is the liar sister and you proceed to the second sister and ask for which road leads to the village. Take her answer as the right road for she ALWAYS tells the truth.

you can only ask each of them one question, not two.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by PCCOLLYN: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2014
Ishilove:

What will be your question?

I'll ask any one of them, "If I had met your sister instead of you, which way will she point to me as the way to Never-land".

ANALYSIS:
Case 1: Assuming I asked the liar; because she knows that her sister who always tells the truth will point towards the village, the liar will invert her sister's answer, hence pointing to the village.

Case 2: Assuming I asked the truthful sister; because she knows that her liar of a sister will rather point towards the Village than Never-land, she will point towards Village.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by Mescopaul(m): 8:16am On Dec 17, 2014
Be4 i think the answer finish, my food go don cold....

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by percyoats(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nope... twice
1st measurement = 4 & 4
2nd measurement = 2 & 2

I do not need the weight to divide into groups.
neoapocalypse:

Wrong , you'll need to use the balance 3 times to arrive at your answer with this method. Try again
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by kpekun(m): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
For the question on the balls:
first put three balls each on the lever-arm balance, if one side goes up that's the side with the ball that weighs less. So take the three balls on that side and weigh any two of them. If the scale balances, the third ball is the one you are looking for but if one side goes up, the ball that weighs less is on that side. This completes your 2 weighing chanced

However, if after weighing the first time, the scale balances; then your ball is not part of the 6 balls you picked and you're now left with 3 and one chance to find the ball.

Next Step:
Take any 2 of the 3 remaining balls and weigh them, if one side goes up, that's the side that contains the ball but if the scale balances, your ball will be the third ball you didn't get to weigh.

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by gradeA(m): 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
kpekun:
For the question on the balls:
first put three balls each on the lever-arm balance, if one side goes up that's the side with the ball that weighs less. So take the three balls on that side and weigh any two of them. If the scale balances, the third ball is the one you are looking for but if one side goes up, the ball that weighs less is on that side. This completes your 2 weighing chanced

However, if after weighing the first time, the scale balances; then your ball is not part of the 6 balls you picked and you're now left with 3 and one chance to find the ball.

Next Step:
Take any 2 of the 3 remaining balls and weigh them, if one side goes up, that's the side that contains the ball but if the scale balances, your ball will be the third ball you didn't get to weigh.

Chai, and I been wan talk am oooo.
Definitely the correct ans, bros you too much jor.

1 Like

Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by gradeA(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
For ishilove's riddle, you confused us all by not asking
the question properly.
When you say ask one question each, it means you
can ask 2 questions, but one question to a
particular twin.

The riddle actually emphasizes that you can only
ask one question. So whoever you meet 1st, there
goes your chance.

Simply ask; where wld your twin point as the road
to the village?

My guy please flee from the road pointed, for it
leads to destruction.
Re: Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser by kccarew(f): 12:20am On Dec 18, 2014
Guys first u never knew anyone of. Them bf so how would u kw anyone of them tell lies...

First u av to analyse the following:
1.Fork Road
2.A pair of identical twin sisters
3.Village
4. Never land
5. Both know where each road leads to(but u never knew that)
6.One tells lies the other does not(but u never knew that either)
7. To ask them one question each...
8. What question will u ask... Now solve(I just made it easy for u all to solve) wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Triangles Are There? / PES 19 Apk + OBB + Data Mod Download [pro Evolution Soccer 2019] Android / A Brain Teaser! Guess The Names Of The Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.