Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered (9364 Views)

Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) / Photos: Riot In Lekki Lagos Between Okada Riders, Thugs And Police / FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by Trailblazer1(m): 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
APC!!! Change
Hypocrites

Let's Change Lagos.

Let the change be practical.

Vote Jimi Agbaje for Change.

But dont change your wife. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by Arysexy(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
Fasola the crook, wait till after election, He will show his fangs.

Election is around, so rules are relaxed Just to get votes.
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Jabioro:
Mile2 whaf road had no other option,d motorist,commuters and all those who have one or two things in that area,even d govt official can testify,
On point.
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by FOLLOWJESUS: 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
The sand that is in apc gari in lagos state is it not enough,do you want to add more when election is at the corner,know it that people like okada riders, market women,bus drivers,car owners and all artisans in lagos state are prepared to vote out Apc due to the pains they have suffered under fashola administration.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
DesChyko:
You only need to witness the traffic from 'Okoko to Mile 2' along this Badagry Express Way before you admit that LASG made a mistake in banning Okada along that route.

I pity those who ply it everyday and those that are in a hurry but can't afford the bike fare.
Specific places like Okokomaiko Bus-Stop, Alaba Rago, Iyanaoba route, Barracks-Underbridge, Maza-Maza, e.t.c. are bound to steal 3-hours of your time at its worst.
Today's own is worse. I wasted 3hrs just from Second rainbow to Mile 2. Imagine something that normally won't take up to 10 minutes mstew.
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by kccarew(f): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
It has started here on the island too and guess what, its one way they follow. I told my aunt beside me then, I sid its gradually, b kw it, they are back at full speed covering the whole place again. U see them taking one way from VGC to Agah or beyound vgc or ajah sef
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by holatin(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
DesChyko:

What is the good news?
Dey make more money on express way
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by ikeno(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
Was shocked to my marrow when I say them in their numbers yesterday picking and dropping passengers on the highway.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by holatin(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
goldfish27:

All men have to eat which work dem give then b4 moreover govt mind dey 2015 election
confirm
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by holatin(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
ammyluv2002:
On point
tanx ma'am
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by DesChyko: 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
softysparky:

Today's own is worse. I wasted 3hrs just from Second rainbow to Mile 2. Imagine something that normally won't take up to 10 minutes mstew.

See nah.. Okada should never be banned from these routes. Never. Until the traffic condition improves GREATLY.
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by agbeke58(f): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
Jabioro:
Mile2 whaf road had no other option,d motorist,commuters and all those who have one or two things in that area,even d govt official can testify,

You r right. But do they have to do it the wrong way? If u pass through 2nd rainbow, the okada riders will be plying one way, even danfo drivers too taking one way. If u r not careful, crossing d expressway, u'll be knocked down by either an okada or oncoming bus. Its so bad.
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by kingphilip(m): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
and apc e-warriors won't read meaning into this

any small thing the president does, they says because he's seeking reelection and they won't come and tell u that okada riders are meant to ply the unpliable Lagos route because it's close to election time and they don't want to lose Lagos

it's high time we all look at the positive aspect and let not sentiment becloud our sense of reasoning

or can someone confirm to me that the laws duly passed by the Lagos state assembly and assented by the governor has been repelled?
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by Marvin67: 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
koboko69:
The Nigerian police and others that are to enforce the law and have relaxed, collecting bribe is also the order of the day. The APC led lagos state government is doing all her best to restore sanity.

Gosh! Guy did you have to go that way? This is not about APC or PDP. This is about insanity that happens on a major road. I live at the alaba express axis of that road, and I can tell you that there's an average of 3 accidents weekly on that axis alone.

We know how intellectually sound the lagos state governor is, and how loud the APC is, and I can tell you that there's no way the FG or Police would be doing something against the will of the lagos state government that the lagos state government wouldn't scream out for the whole world to hear.

When the law was being enforced it was being enforced by the police under the directive of the lagos state government, and kick against indiscipline (KAI) officials.
The FG or PDP has nothing to do with the bike men on apapa - oshodi expressway.
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by theorbiters: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
And then someone will open his mouth and say, GEJ govt. has failed. Nigerians!!! Funny people
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by peter4d2(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sum pple wuld say its d police dat has relaxed their hands dey 4get it was dis same police dat whr enforcing it thru d backing of executive arm of govt.
Dey shuld direct d questn 2 d state govt wen u hear his response on d matter den u wuld c 4 ur sef dat its 4 forthcoming electn so dey wuld seem like a considerate pple bunch of "all propangadist cult"
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by udemzyudex(m): 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
grin this time around,they will not only seize their okada,they will send them to 6months in jail after using them.,.,.,.,

apc using and dumping these guys like sanitary pad.,...

Though i believe they are wise....

Police should do their work.....
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by OLADD: 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
udemzyudex:
grin this time around,they will not only seize their okada,they will send them to 6months in jail after using them.,.,.,.,

apc using and dumping these guys like sanitary pad.,...

Though i believe they are wise....

Police should do their work.....
[/color][color=#006600]

That's why I hate janjaweedism to my bone marrow. APC is a party of fake and deceitful politicians. Oshiomole did the same thing when he hurriedly recalled the teachers he sacked for lack of performance all in a bid to savage his dwindling popularity. Being double faced is bad. APC is a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by zheroes(m): 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
the leaders know they are ruling a herd of insane people, they will give them what they want to get what they the leaders want. very soon okada on 3rd mainland, after who go die? no be you wey climb okada
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by zheroes(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
OLADD:
[/color][color=#006600]

That's why I hate janjaweedism to my bone marrow. APC is a party of fake and deceitful politicians. Oshiomole did the same thing when he hurriedly recalled the teachers he sacked for lack of performance all in a bid to savage his dwindling popularity. Being double faced is bad. APC is a joke.
it has nothing to do with APC bros, its the people, give them what they want and you collect your own, PDP understand that very well. nigeria will never change its not a curse its the reality. whoever tries to change the people will not see the light of day. poverty has made so many people to think upside down.
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
It is such an eyesore. I had to check if the road is among those in which they were restricted from operating. And to crown it all,policemen and LASTMA officials condone them.
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by jahlove4jah: 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ymodulus:
This happens when lawmakers who don't diligently think through the process make laws.

When BRT is the only means of mass transport in the so called mega city project how can a sane person ban "Okada?".

Lagos lawmakers should have find out what other "mega cities" have put in place as public transportation before enacting such draconian law. It's like banning "pure water" because it litters the streets without taking cognisance of the fact that government fail to supply portable water.

They enact laws for others. The law banning Okada does not affect them. Okada riders' opinion was not factored in making the law.

Another classic example is the LASAA law banning all posters. This demonic law is only enforced on the weak: the Nollywood, other small businesses struggling to survive. Now it is electioneering time and the same former Lagos Attorney General Shashore, Speaker Hon Ikuforiji and all the other politicians flagrantly break the law they enacted. Their posters are everywhere in Lagos.

It was crass of them to enact the law in the first place and then to disregard it now. LASAA is playing the ostrich by relaxing the enforcement of the law to suit its paymasters.

It's lately partnering with APG to permit pasting of poster. Only electioneering period opened LASAA's eyes to the real need for the lifting of the blanket ban on pasting of posters.
Valid points. Wat is the way out?
Re: Okada Riders Now Ply Oshodi-Apapa, Lagos-Badagry Expressway Unhindered by gbodimowo(m): 12:37am On Dec 18, 2014
Ymodulus:
This happens when lawmakers who don't diligently think through the process make laws.

When BRT is the only means of mass transport in the so called mega city project how can a sane person ban "Okada?".

Lagos lawmakers should have find out what other "mega cities" have put in place as public transportation before enacting such draconian law. It's like banning "pure water" because it litters the streets without taking cognisance of the fact that government fail to supply portable water.

They enact laws for others. The law banning Okada does not affect them. Okada riders' opinion was not factored in making the law.

Another classic example is the LASAA law banning all posters. This demonic law is only enforced on the weak: the Nollywood, other small businesses struggling to survive. Now it is electioneering time and the same former Lagos Attorney General Shashore, Speaker Hon Ikuforiji and all the other politicians flagrantly break the law they enacted. Their posters are everywhere in Lagos.

It was crass of them to enact the law in the first place and then to disregard it now. LASAA is playing the ostrich by relaxing the enforcement of the law to suit its paymasters.

It's lately partnering with APG to permit pasting of poster. Only electioneering period opened LASAA's eyes to the real need for the lifting of the blanket ban on pasting of posters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Information Needed For Perfect House Design,construction &approval In Nig / Rccg National Youth Convention: Glory Producers / 6-Legged Lamb Born In Georgia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.