Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari (948 Views)

Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode / Buhari’s Certificate, APC And Unanswered Questions / Fashola (666) - Lagos: The Unanswered Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2014
Good day fellow nairalanders. I have been bothered with alot
Of questions lately, i thot i should share them with members of this great community.
1. GEJ told us he has no shoe, and most of us dont believe that statement. But now we are hearing GMB tell us that he has at least one million naira in his account( i personally think say that statement no get head.)
The thing is, is we fell for the lies of GEJ, how are we certain we are not falling for even bigger lies from GMB?
2. GMB was in charge of PTF and was head of many other petroleum things.(whatever they are) how doea he not know that no single individual can stabilise the oil market.. this one particularly is beyond me.
3. The man may be able to take care of corruption( i say so because him dey always talk am.no be say i get reason to believe am.enn hnn.) But how can he u decern what policy isgood or irrelevant? Because the man doesnt seem to strikeme as one very intelligent fellow.
Please this questions if i can get good answers for, i will be happy. Thank you everyone.
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by temitemi1(m): 11:28am On Dec 17, 2014
That's why u need to say NO to buhari n say YES to GEJ.
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by jamace(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2014
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by Tajudeenilislam: 11:53am On Dec 17, 2014
I think he was aiming high because when he was a military service he prove himself to be loyal and one thing is that among the Nigeria president so far he was the only one that doesn't build house in Abuja until the end of his tenure.
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by mentorandfriend(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
I understand your fears, but we must take our chance this season with someone whose integrity is impeccable, whose hatred for corruption is palpable. No government does better during second tenure in Nigeria, because there is enough public funds to be diverted to last them a lifetime, and then we have Nigerians that do not care nor ask questions. I can repeat this again for emphasis. Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, India, South Africa were our mates few years ago. See where corruption has brought us to. I hear the rushing wind of change and massive economic and socio-cultural growth. I embrace it. I dont care what people say about General Muhammadu Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by Tajudeenilislam: 12:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
The president of this country has allowed the perpetrators to tarnish his good image because when he gets to OAU instead of him to make more elaborate on the school fee hike he start saying he was aiming not to fund higher institutions anymore and this makes many students derail for him. He doesn't need to do that because of the dignity there cos it does not sound well of him because it a pity for a doctorate degree holder not showing interest on education
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by londoner: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
OP, as you can see, nobody is even attempting to answer your questions. The reply is always some pie in the sky "he will end corruption" nonesense.

Even if the last time he showed signs of curbing corruption. What were his methods? Are those methods acceptible today, in the world we live in?

Does he know how to lead in an administration that is not military led? Maybe he does, but that remains to be seen.

He says he will end Boko Haram, HOW will he do that? Will his attempts instead plunge the whole country into a war? Does he know a solution other than to lean on his military experience/tactics?

Does he have any passion for the other facets of Nigeria, as a country, such as the economy, science and technology, agricultural revolution and modernisation, infrastructure?

It remains to be seen, but all people are spouting, is his supposed anti corruption mantra.

How he will do it, they can not answer.

In my opinion, the only way to stamp out corruption is to close the open gates that ALLOW it to happen. Restructure HOW things work, so that one man or a group of men are NOT ABLE to cart of billions of dollars. Change LAWS and strengthen INSTITUTIONS, that is what is needed.

Make politics LESS ATTRACTIVE to thieves. Totally RESTRUCTURE political positions and offices, as well as slash the SALARIES of political office positions.

Even in the various ministries, make them ACCOUNTABLE for the budget given to them. Let those departments run with KPI's as their guide, let them be accountable.

Make the CENTRE LESS POWERFUL. Aso rock has too much power and that is why some governors of far away states, can be found in ABJ on any given week, without needing to justify it to their electorate.

Most of al[/b]l, the Nigerian people need to also be reorientated, because lets face it, Nigerian people are just as corrupt as the political class and should they find themselves in that position, would probably do the same thing. Nigerians worship money and power, that needs to be changed.

I honestly dont think Buhari is up to the task, because I doubt he knows how to curb corruption in a way that is acceptable in 2014.

Corruption in Nigeria is not about individuals, it is actually a culture that needs changing and replacing. If he chased away corruption before, how come it came back when he left? With a vengeance. Maybe he cut branches (people) and NOT the root (culture).
If he plans to do the same, it will again not lead to long lasting results.

A change will come, it has to at some stage, but the mere fact that Nigerians are still looking for a singular messiah, instead of checking how they are [b]adding their own quota
to corruption on a daily basis, both inside and outside of Nigeria, just means they are not willing to change.
When you hear people shouting about anti-corruption, you wonder who exactly is committing the corrupt acts in the populace, since they all hate corruption....lol.

The truth is, when they envision Buhari and anti-corruption they only see top politicians as the ones to be punished. If GMB actually wants to curb corruption and all forms of dishonesty, lets face it, it MUST extend to the average citizen.

If Buhari really knows Nigerians, he would have realised that too.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by jmaine: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
londoner:
OP, as you can see, nobody is even attempting to answer your questions. The reply is always some pie in the sky "he will end corruption" nonesense.

Even if the last time he showed signs of curbing corruption. What were his methods? Are those methods acceptible today, in thw world we live in?

Does he know how to lead in an administration that is not military led? Maybe he does, but that remains to be seen.

He says he will end Boko Haram, how will he do that? Will his attempts instead plunge the whole country into a war? Does he know a solution other than to lean on his military experience/tactics?

Does he have any passion for the other facets of Nigeria, as a country, such as the economy, science and technology, agricultural revolution and modernisation, infrastructure?

It remains to be seen, but all people are spouting, is his supposed anti corruption mantra.

In my opinion, the only way to stamp out corruption is to close the open gates that ALLOW it to happen. Restructure HOW things work, so that one man or a group of man are NOT ABLE to cart of billions of dollars. Change LAWS and strengthen INSTITUTIONS, that is what is needed.

Make politics LESS ATTRACTIVE to thieves. Totally RESTRUCTURE political positions and offices, as well as slash the SALARIES of politica office positions.

Even in the various ministries, make them ACCOUNTABLE for the budget given to them. Let those departmens run with KPI's as their guide, let them be accountable.

Make the CENTRE LESS POWERFUL. Aso rock has too much power and that is why some governors of far away states can be found in ABJ on any given week, without needing to justify it to their electorate.

Most of all, the Nigerian people need to also be reorientated, because lets face it, Nigerian people are just as coruupt as the political class and should they find themselves in that position, would probably do the same thing. Nigerians worship money and power, that needs to be changed.

I honestly dont thing Buhari is not up to the task, because I doubt he knows how to curb corruption in a away that is acceptable in 2014.

Corruption in Nigeria is not about individuals, it is actualy a a culture that needs changing and replacing. If he chased away corruption before, how come it came back when he left? With a vengeance. Maybe he cut branches (people) and NOT the root (culture).

A change will come, it has to at some stage, but the mere fact that Nigerians are still looking for a singular messiah, instead of checking how they are adding their own quota to corruption on a daily basis, but inside and outside of Nigeria, just means they are not willing to change.

Excellent submission by my very special Londoner . . . .

Thread closed . . .cool

1 Like

Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by 9jii(m): 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
YOUR FIRST QUESTION IS BASED ON LIES.
OR FROM WHICH CREDIBLE SOURCE DID YOU GOT THAT INFO?
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by londoner: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
jmaine:

Excellent submission by my very special Londoner . . . .

Thread closed . . .cool

Awww thanks...lol
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
londoner:

Even if the last time he showed signs of curbing corruption. What were his methods? Are those methods acceptible today, in the world we live in?

He says he will end Boko Haram, HOW will he do that? Will his attempts instead plunge the whole country into a war? Does he know a solution other than to lean on his military experience/tactics?

In my opinion, the only way to stamp out corruption is to close the open gates that ALLOW it to happen. Restructure HOW things work, so that one man or a group of men are NOT ABLE to cart of billions of dollars. Change LAWS and strengthen INSTITUTIONS, that is what is needed.

Make politics LESS ATTRACTIVE to thieves. Totally RESTRUCTURE political positions and offices, as well as slash the SALARIES of political office positions.

Even in the various ministries, make them ACCOUNTABLE for the budget given to them. Let those departments run with KPI's as their guide, let them be accountable.

Make the CENTRE LESS POWERFUL. Aso rock has too much power and that is why some governors of far away states, can be found in ABJ on any given week, without needing to justify it to their electorate.

Most of al[/b]l, the Nigerian people need to also be reorientated, because lets face it, Nigerian people are just as corrupt as the political class and should they find themselves in that position, would probably do the same thing. Nigerians worship money and power, that needs to be changed.

I honestly dont think Buhari is up to the task, because I doubt he knows how to curb corruption in a way that is acceptable in 2014.

Corruption in Nigeria is not about individuals, it is actually a culture that needs changing and replacing. If he chased away corruption before, how come it came back when he left? With a vengeance. Maybe he cut branches (people) and NOT the root (culture).

A change will come, it has to at some stage, but the mere fact that Nigerians are still looking for a singular messiah, instead of checking how they are [b]adding their own quota
to corruption on a daily basis, both inside and outside of Nigeria, just means they are not willing to change.
When you hear people shouting about anti-corruption, you wonder who exactly is committing the corrupt acts in the populace, since they all hate corruption....lol.

The truth is, when they envision Buhari and anti-corruption they only see top politicians as the ones to be punished. If GMB actually wants to curb corruption and all forms of dishonesty, lets face it, it MUST extend to the average citizen.

Thank you sir.. i think you analysis should make the front as a thread on its own. Very thotful writeup indeed.
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jii:
YOUR FIRST QUESTION IS BASED ON LIES.
OR FROM WHICH CREDIBLE SOURCE DID YOU GOT THAT INFO?

No problem i gree. Oya answer the other two sir.
Btw is it just me, or do you have a quarrel with English? ur killing it sir.
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
mentorandfriend:
I understand your fears, but we must take our chance this season with someone whose integrity is impeccable, whose hatred for corruption is palpable. No government does better during second tenure in Nigeria, because there is enough public funds to be diverted to last them a lifetime, and then we have Nigerians that do not care nor ask questions. I can repeat this again for emphasis. Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, India, South Africa were our mates few years ago. See where corruption has brought us to. I hear the rushing wind of change and massive economic and socio-cultural growth. I embrace it. I dont care what people say about General Muhammadu Buhari.
You have a point sir, but the londoner has raise some very important issuses that u prolly dint see sir.
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by 9jii(m): 2:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
shikaan:

No problem i gree. Oya answer the other two sir.
Btw is it just me, or do you have a quarrel with English? ur killing it sir.
JUST check others too.don't fall for rumour mongers and lies peddlers again
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by londoner: 4:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
shikaan:

Thank you sir.. i think you analysis should make the front as a thread on its own. Very thotful writeup indeed.

No worries, I'm a woman by the way.
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by mentorandfriend(m): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
shikaan:

You have a point sir, but the londoner has raise some very important issuses that u prolly dint see sir.
You're right. I chose to ignore it because I've answered same question in many other threads. I'm tired of people digging up things about the peerless general, but I can answer her again.
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
mentorandfriend:
You're right. I chose to ignore it because I've answered same question in many other threads. I'm tired of people digging up things about the peerless general, but I can answer her again.
i would love to hear you o.
Re: Some Unanswered Questions In My Mind About General Buhari by lilflipnerd: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
londoner:

so we stick to jonah n wait till God sends Jesus to naija...

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is The Price Of Cement In Your Area? / Video: Boko Haram Executes Young Men Who Refused To Join Them / Breaking News:Lagos State Deputy Governor Loses Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.