Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

My Opinion On Religious Sentiments In Nigerian Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion On Religious Sentiments In Nigerian Politics (398 Views)

Nigerians Are Voting Based On Ethnic And Religious Sentiments / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North / Amaechi Slams Jonathan's Use Of Ethnic Sentiments In South South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On Religious Sentiments In Nigerian Politics by staggerman(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
I am a committed disciple of Jesus Christ (check my posts to confirm). However, it is not right to judge a man's ability to rule this country, based on his religion.

Many politicians who claim to be Christians are not. Just because a Nigerian is not a Muslim, doesn't automatically make him a Christian. Not all church goers are disciples of Christ (Christians). Some of these politicians who are called Christians, are actually members of ogboni confraternity and idol worshipers.

Obasanjo was called a Christian, but he sent soldiers to destroy communities in the Niger delta (a supposed Christian area).
Yaradua was a Muslim who brought peace via amnesty to the Niger delta.

Judge for yourself which of these two men brought peace and prosperity to the southern Christians?

Concerning the issue of inter-religious marriage...
Do you think Pastor Enoch Adeboye will be willing to give his daughters hand in marriage to an unbeliever pagan, how much more to a Muslim?

Does that in anyway mean he is unfit to be a leader?
Does it mean he will not tolerate Muslims if voted into office as president of Nigeria?
Judge for yourself.

Let your mind be clear of tribal and religious sentiments as you cast your votes in the coming elections.
Re: My Opinion On Religious Sentiments In Nigerian Politics by 1wolex85: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
God bless you sir! A lot of people do not understand the difference between, 'christianity is my religion' and 'i am a christian'. They are 2 totally different things.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Osinbajo Unveiled! All You Need To Know About Buhari’s Running Mate / We Must Give A Million Damnsss / APC Raises The Alarm Over Purchase Of Permanent Voter's Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.