Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral (1097 Views)

Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral / Which N200,000 Business Can I Do Without A Shop? / Can I Get A Loan With Survey Plan As Collateral? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral by NetBizguy: 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hello Tycoons, Good day, please I need advice here

I needed to start a business with 400k but I don't have a Shop, If i have to rent a shop I would need to pay at least for 12months 20k x 12 = 240k and I will be left with 180k now less than I would need to start the business.

Now I was thinking of how to get money to do this I don't have anything to use as a collateral if I decided to take a loan from Bank, so I came up with this Idea.

Get a Loan from Bank and Buy a shop you would Use as a Collateral for the loan.

I will take a loan from the Bank and buy the shop (it automatically becomes mine) they (Bank) now take the documents as collateral until I'm able to finish paying back the loan.

SO I don't know how possible this can be. but if possible; I know its a good calculated risk, because at worst (If business fails) just as in every business I lose just capital(400k), then bank will sell the shop and recover the their money.

Secondly, it a business I must start with 400k the return could be 200k monthly.

What do you advice me?
How possible it to get this loan? Thanks for you advice and suggestions
Re: Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral by bookiee(f): 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
Have u think of the recurring interest you will be paying on the loan plus start up cost and other running expenses,
obviously we are have started talking about profit here we only talking capital inflow to sustain the biz.
i don't think it ever a good idea to start a biz with bank loan, it always good to start no matter how small, then as it progresses you then can start thinking additional capital..
Re: Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral by Ikebossmann: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
have you considered the third option?
Re: Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral by NetBizguy: 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ikebossmann:
have you considered the third option?

Which is?
Re: Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral by 100Cents: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2014
NetBizguy:
Hello Tycoons, Good day, please I need advice here

I needed to start a business with 400k but I don't have a Shop, If i have to rent a shop I would need to pay at least for 12months 20k x 12 = 240k and I will be left with 180k now less than I would need to start the business.

Now I was thinking of how to get money to do this I don't have anything to use as a collateral if I decided to take a loan from Bank, so I came up with this Idea.

Get a Loan from Bank and Buy a shop you would Use as a Collateral for the loan.

I will take a loan from the Bank and buy the shop (it automatically becomes mine) they (Bank) now take the documents as collateral until I'm able to finish paying back the loan.

SO I don't know how possible this can be. but if possible; I know its a good calculated risk, because at worst (If business fails) just as in every business I lose just capital(400k), then bank will sell the shop and recover the their money.

Secondly, it a business I must start with 400k the return could be 200k monthly.

What do you advice me?
How possible it to get this loan? Thanks for you advice and suggestions

When I saw this topic, I thought it was a joke.

A brief breakdown of your costs when you start off.

1. N20, 000 rent.

2. N Interest on bank loan to rent shop

3. N Interest on bank loan to purchase goods/ stock.

Now who tells you that once you open a shop that business starts rolling in profits ? Banks don't finance start ups too.

You may not even cover up to N20, 000 Gross profit in the first month. Be careful or just take your money and place it on fixed deposit. You have much to learn..
Re: Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral by NetBizguy: 3:56pm On Dec 24, 2014
Indeed bro I have much to learn thats why am here
Re: Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral by fgr63: 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2014
I can help you with the loan, first tell me what types of business you want to do.
Re: Taking A Loan To Buy A Shop You Would Use As Collateral by cynim: 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
fgr63:
I can help you with the loan, first tell me what types of business you want to do.

Do u work in a bank? I need a loan of N600k to scale my business if interested, kindly send a mail to shirtsbycynim@gmail.com

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Smart London Multimillionaire And His Rolls Royce / Mtn Is Looking For Ict Distributors / 5 Companies That May Become $1 Trillion Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.