Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help (2155 Views)

Is ATF Oil The Same As Power Steering Fluid? / What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by drlogg: 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
the ATF for power steering of my tiger(honda accord 1997) is leaking underneath just close to the front left wheel (driver's side). i now top the fluid every week.
Pls help suggest solutions.... i mean i would like to know the nature of the problem b4 i take my tiger to the mechanic
Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by AutosBay(m): 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Would suggest you follow this link or the link below i.e the image just type the link into your browser if you are having difficulty.

http://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/1997_Honda_Accord_LX_2.2L_4_Cyl._Sedan_(4_Door)/fluid_leaks/what_is_leaking

Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by drlogg: 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
thanks to you
Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by drlogg: 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
but that link didnt hit the nail on the head
Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by AutosBay(m): 10:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
@ drlogg Please watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzzi2LfRxnM
Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by Laird(m): 12:22am On Dec 18, 2014
It might be a pipe or the power steering box needs replacement
Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by drlogg: 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
@laird...the videi hits the right spot. thanks to you all
Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by victor08(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
Tell your mechanic to loose it and check the hose.
Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by drlogg: 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
nice one victor.
Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by uboma(m): 10:53am On Dec 22, 2014
drlogg:
the ATF for power steering of my tiger(honda accord 1997) is leaking underneath just close to the front left wheel (driver's side). i now top the fluid every week.
Pls help suggest solutions.... i mean i would like to know the nature of the problem b4 i take my tiger to the mechanic

Check the hose connected to the cup holding the ATF. Over time the hose gets weak and ATF seeps out slowly but steadily from it. I am sure that if you check underneath your park after parking it for some hours, you will see signs of ATF droppings. If the hose is the culprit, it wouldn't cost much to have it replaced.

1 Like

Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by victor08(m): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
change the hose connecting to it and the seal for the pump and your problems will be solved with less than 1500.
Re: Leaking ATF For Power Steering, Pls Help by drlogg: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
Victor,I think that cld be dangerous. The maker of the car purposely put the power steering pump for a reason unless I want to convert the steering rack to a manual one. Am a novice here, ikenna, sienna pls add to it

(1) (Reply)

My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour / I Want To Buy New Tyres - HELP / Odometer Rollback: Salvaged Cars: And Ridiculous Budgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.