Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Nairalanders,share Your Phone Scam Experience Here! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nairalanders,share Your Phone Scam Experience Here! (432 Views)

Nairalanders Share Your Highest Download Speeds / New Phone Scam! / New Blackberry Bold 9900, Torch 9810, Torch 9860 - Share Ur Experience Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders,share Your Phone Scam Experience Here! by Mykel4God(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
I remember those days when I was still phone freak but had little experience and was duped by phone scammers,then brand new BOLD 2 was N45,000 but someone me that i should go to computer village at lagos,that I will be able to buy it at a low price,so I agreed and went there with a friend of mine holding N17,000 and hoping to come back home with a brand new BOLD 2
We got there and begin to price BOLD 2 but most of them said they could sell it nothing less than N44,000,after walking around and pricing different phones for about 2hrs,we later saw a guy with sugar coated mouth,he said he will be nice to us that we should bring N25,000 for BOLD 2,I didn't know what to do again than to start begging him to collect the N17,000 with me cos I was very tired and I didn't want to go home empty handed
After so much pleading,he later agree to sell it for us,he test it in our presence and ask that can we see it is in perfect order?, we said 'YES',he then went away and came back with a phone box and handed it over to me,I gave him the money and thank him a lot but he warned us not to check it in his presence,cos police are everywhere and they could arrest us for doing illegal business,he then disappear into the crowd

I and my friend left computer village with the tought that I am now a BB guy,to cut the story short,we reach motor park and my friend said 'ore ja kini yi,je ka gbose BB wo', and I answered 'SURE', I unpacked the so called phone,but to my surprise,as I press the red(NO) button,my finger went inside without any obstruction,it was then I begin to smell that I have been duped,I open the case and found cassava (akpu,fufu) inside,I could not cry because I was warned,my friend was very angry with me to the extent that he didn't talk to me for almost a month

That was how I was duped of N17,000 by phone scammers

GOD punish the devious igbo guy

Fell free to share you experience also!
Re: Nairalanders,share Your Phone Scam Experience Here! by banjicom(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
grin hahahahahah! ooooohohoo cheesy

I beg I still dey Laugh, after I finish laughing I will come back and comment!

Hehehehehecheesy
Re: Nairalanders,share Your Phone Scam Experience Here! by martinaoslov: 6:34am On Dec 18, 2014
You've been duped indeed! Too bad you can't sue the guy. But you can definitely warn others about him. Spread the word and save others from falling victim to the same scheme.
Re: Nairalanders,share Your Phone Scam Experience Here! by martinaoslov: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2014
Better yet, report him to Callercenter.com and share the info of how the person duped you. You never know, your post might save someone from falling victim to the scheme.
Re: Nairalanders,share Your Phone Scam Experience Here! by Suntemi(m): 7:28am On Dec 18, 2014
Greed is the main reason many get scammed though there's nothing bad in trying to get a good bargain but when an offer looks too good to be true; talk to your leg

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help / Current Price Of Techno Phatom Pad N9 / Viewsonic First Smartphone Has Iris Scanning And Recognition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.