Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

My Data Is Flying Out, Guru In The House Help Me - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Data Is Flying Out, Guru In The House Help Me (744 Views)

The Best Among PD Proxy, Above VPN, Wi Free , Sandwich VPN And Tunnel Guru / I Need Urgent Help On How To Recover My Data From Crashed Sata Hdd. / Free Business Incubation Programme For Ict Guru In Abuja - Quick Before It Close (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Data Is Flying Out, Guru In The House Help Me by chiamo(m): 11:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
I have been battling with my laptop vast consumption of data. I have stopped the auto updating (Anti virus, Windows etc) I can, but I cant seem to stop the data guzzling.
I use window 7 on an HP 635 and using Visafone modem.
The help of the gurus in the house is urgently needed in order to stop the vast consumption of my data.
Re: My Data Is Flying Out, Guru In The House Help Me by chiamo(m): 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
@Tolzeal thanks. In response to your advice and query, I am not downloading anything but browsing and working on a site. However, I am downloading the NetLimiter now.
Re: My Data Is Flying Out, Guru In The House Help Me by chiamo(m): 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Can you also advise me, my laptop's mouse pad has been unresponsive and have to make use of an external mouse which is not conducive. Please what can I do?
Re: My Data Is Flying Out, Guru In The House Help Me by Tolzeal(m): 12:28am On Dec 18, 2014
chiamo:
Can you also advise me, my laptop's mouse pad has been unresponsive and have to make use of an external mouse which is not conducive. Please what can I do?

well there might be some lil thingy involved that u have to trouble shoot..

FIRST: LOCATE the mouse settings and verify the touchpad is enabled.You can adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad to work best for your fingers. Check the settings to make sure something was not disabled.

You might be facing DRIVERS issues. Go to device manager , locate ur track pad driver, if disabled, Enable. And if enabled by default , disable and enable again..

You might as well be considering an update for the touchpad driver. Check ur manufacturer's page to see if there is an update.
Re: My Data Is Flying Out, Guru In The House Help Me by bedfordng(m): 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Follow this tutorial and download the software i mentioned there to fix your problem.just remove the space before the .com ==> tinyurl .com/monitornetdata

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elite Book(sim Slot Configuration / Buy Your Fairly Used Laptop Parts Here At Cheap Price / Sweet Easter Sales At Micostar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.