Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? (1576 Views)

Whatsapp Now Has Gay Smileys..have You Noticed? / Delivered Read Messages On Whatsapp Now Indicate With BLUE Double Mark / Whatsapp Now Available On Nokia Asha Dual Sim Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by timilehing(m): 5:47am On Dec 18, 2014
I woke up this morning, on my phone to check my WhatsApp offline messages only to see this pop-up advert everywhere until I cancelled/closed it. Has anyone noticed this too?
Seems free-WhatsApp users will be disturbed by ads henceforth unless they pay?? WhatsApp has been renewing my subscription yearly before it expired &I stil ve till October next year.

Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by timilehing(m): 5:53am On Dec 18, 2014
More....

Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by Nehemiah459(m): 6:00am On Dec 18, 2014
I think it comes from one of your apps. cos whatsapp will tell you that they don't sell apps and won't think of it.
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by BigBizzy(m): 6:01am On Dec 18, 2014
Are you sure this is for real? Didn't notice any oh
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 18, 2014
timilehing:
I woke up this morning, on my phone to check my WhatsApp offline messages only to see this pop-up advert everywhere until I cancelled/closed it. Has anyone noticed this too?
Seems free-WhatsApp users will be disturbed by ads henceforth unless they pay?? WhatsApp has been renewing my subscription yearly before it expired &I stil ve till October next year.

Have you noticed the ad while running some other apps?

because it doesn't look like it's from whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by manutdadex(m): 6:33am On Dec 18, 2014
oga go get add blocker for ur phone...no b watsapp o
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 18, 2014
those ads are from anoda stup.id app on your phone. unistall ur recently installed apps
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by blaquemyc: 7:23am On Dec 18, 2014
Uninstall ur most recent app and you will be good to go. I experienced a similar stuff though mine popped up on every app
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by rattlesnake(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2014
Where do u schooled
Cos here in okoko maiko we see no ads ooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by eightsin(m): 8:26am On Dec 18, 2014
Haven't noticed any!
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by Tintinnoty(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2014
timilehing:
More....

guy that is from apus launcher, I 1ce used that launcher. that pop-up has got nothing to do with whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by timilehing(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2014
Nehemiah459:
I think it comes from one of your apps. cos whatsapp will tell you that they don't sell apps and won't think of it.
After restricting background data, the ads still pop up on WhatsApp & only when i open WhatsApp
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2014
Op, calm down nah!

Moreso,what is Whatsapp?
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by jom28gy(m): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2014
Pls what is ads?tell me more.
Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by femidejulius(m): 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
jom28gy:
Pls what is ads?tell me more.

Let me help you.. When u go to the house of a military officer at 2:30 am and you started playing music loud on your phone and dancing in front of his sitting room, daring him to do his worst to you, what will happen to u and your phone is what is called 'ads'. It is a sweet experience, trust me. 'Ads' is sweet

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Now Introduces Ads?? by Smartixy(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
femidejulius:

Let me help you.. When u go to the house of a military officer at 2:30 am and you started playing music loud on your phone and dancing in front of his sitting room, daring him to do his worst to you, what will happen to u and your phone is what is called 'ads'. It is a sweet experience, trust me. 'Ads' is sweet

hahaha, u wicked o

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer Contacts From Android To Samsng S7/s7 Edge / PHONE SWAP!!!! Infinix Hot X510 (hot 2) For Samsung Galaxy S4 / In Need Of A Powerbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.