Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. (42720 Views)

5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do !!! / 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do / Over 70 Android Secret Codes You Probably Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by Natasha2(f): 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
macjireh:

dial 112 without sim

okay that will be done some other time, I hate removing my battery.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by synoble(m): 8:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
2map:
"FIFTH : ATM - PIN Number Reversal - Good to
Know
If you should ever be forced by a robber to
withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can
notify the police by entering your PIN # in reverse.
For example, if your pin number is 1234,
then you would put in 4321.
The ATM system recognizes that your PIN number
is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the
machine. The machine will still give you the money
you requested, but unknown to the robber, the
police will be immediately dispatched to the
location."

My ATM card pin is a palindrome digit, 2002. cry

buahahahahaahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahah
rill laffin in swahili .
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by uwa1(m): 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
Sum1 shld plz confirm
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by bynat(f): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]Robber collect ma money before police show? Allah ya isa embarassed

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by Shaunscot(m): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
macjireh:

FIFTH : ATM - PIN Number Reversal - Good to Know
If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can
notify the police by entering your PIN # in reverse. For example, if your pin number is 1234,

The ATM system recognizes that your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to the location.

This information was recently broadcast on CTV by Crime Stoppers however it is seldom used because people just don ' t know about it...... Please pass this along to everyone.

This is the kind of information people don ' t mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

additional source: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-222825.html

In as much as I do not want to comment on the other items, Please and please, y'all shouldnt try number 5.

It will only result in incorrect PIN and a couple of slaps from the thieves. Pray they dont shoot you sef for wasting their time.

This is from someone who knows this wont work.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by Karleb(m): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hidden battery power, not working.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
Tonylyte:

I know say everybody must get car for this thread. Naija i hail thee.
Y did u hav 2quote me 2say dis rubbish. Do I look lik ur mate? If u can't afford a car or dream of owing a car, some of us on Nairaland are achievers. Ok?

Exactly y I hate commenting on threads. Mtshwwwwwwe.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by Clinton594(m): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
LoL for no 4
those of you changing IMEI number of your phones.... I pity you cos should in case 3 persons use the same IMEI numbers. when the network providers block one, others get blocked too

And for the battery stuff.... sorry it doesn't work on all phones

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by paycash: 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
You forgot where you are, Nigeria!!! Till GMB rule for three years first.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by Clinton594(m): 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
Natasha2:

okay that will be done some other time, I hate removing my battery.
switch to airplane mode and try....... I think it works with satellite. So I heard
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by Tonylyte(m): 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
francawilson:

Y did u hav 2quote me 2say dis rubbish. Do I look lik ur mate? If u can't afford a car or dream of owing a car, some of us on Nairaland are achievers. Ok?

Exactly y I hate commenting on threads. Mtshwwwwwwe.
Did i mention your name? See how u look for peoples trouble.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by natureee: 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
I tried dis *3370# my dear brethren e no work oh watin d worry people self somebody go dey one corner invent lies some people go help d spread d lies make una always dey remember dat dariz God in every thing you are doing. grin
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by professore(m): 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
This is very informative
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by portable86(f): 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
AlexisM16:
Recycled thread. The power saver part is a pure lie.
My thought exactly, tried it and it didn't work

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by paix(m): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
I have tried the SECOND one years back, it never worked.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by homesteady(m): 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
I just tried the car own!
it worked! it worked! Awesome! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by clevvermind(m): 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
stop criticizing the op. there is one or two things u can learn from the post. no knowledge is waste. i like that blocking of stolen phone aspect.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by nekaa(f): 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
macjireh:

Change one digit
and risk forgetting it? No thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by deavicky(m): 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
Mcquine:
this should be in front page
it's already on front page or what front page are u talking about?
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by peleson: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
Naija fvck up nobi small. Ds tins dnt work here
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by legalwealth(m): 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
Henrypraise:
Dat 112 emergency is crap, I tried it dis mornin, was crossing from northbank to southbank forcados, n d speed boat I was using got spoilt, I tried d crappy 112 emergency several tyms n my shiity glo netwrk said d number is incorrect afta registering it as an emergency on my screen. I stayed dia wit my crew 4 d next 4hours, 8am-12pm till God sent an handpullin canoe my way. I even tried d other crappy 911 n it was same tin, d annoyin part was dat I boasted to my crew dat I av tried it b4 n it work (cos of d fire extinguisher post). Oboy nake una commot dat number 1.

This number worked on my MTN line as I was surprised that someone picked my call up within 2 seconds asking how he can be of help.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by chukist: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
macjireh:
There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. . Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST: Emergency
The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112.
If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency,
dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialled even if the keypad is locked. Try it out...

SECOND: Have you locked your keys in the car?
Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday.
Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.

Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.

Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other ' remote ' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk)...

Editor ' s Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone! '

THIRD: Hidden Battery Power
Imagine your mobile battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370#
Your mobile will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery.
This reserve will get charged when you charge your mobile next time.

FOURTH: How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?
To check your Mobile phone ' s serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #
A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset..
Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won ' t get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can ' t use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can
notify the police by entering your PIN # in reverse. For example, if your pin number is 1234,

The ATM system recognizes that your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to the location.

This information was recently broadcast on CTV by Crime Stoppers however it is seldom used because people just don ' t know about it...... Please pass this along to everyone.

This is the kind of information people don ' t mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by optimusprime2(m): 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
LordReed:
Number 3 was a feature on "olden days" Nokia like 3310. It doesn't work for newer model phones.

Number 4 does not work here in Naija and even abroad I don't know if they've implemented blacklisting of IMEIs.

Number 5 is not about phones so WTH is it on the list?
Yeah dey do, I recently tried purchasing a phone on craigslist with a bad IMEI, though the phone was unlocked (Metro PCS) but it was invalid for any other provider AT & T et al because it was blacklisted, though I can use it outside the US, but it may not be long it would be useless on int'nl lines too.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by chukist: 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
If ur ATM pin is 4004? How then will u type it in reverse?
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by LordReed(m): 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
optimusprime2:

Yeah dey do, I recently tried purchasing a phone on craigslist with a bad IMEI, though the phone was unlocked (Metro PCS) but it was invalid for any other provider AT & T et al because it was blacklisted, though I can use it outside the US, but it may not be long it would be useless on int'nl lines too.

That is a very good thing. Incidences of stolen phones will reduce.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by luvly101: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2014

I doubt this...What if the pin is 7007
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by macjireh: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
kingphemy:
Come here op uou need to br caned.

You should have verify before posting.

Tried the ATM thingy just now. Didn't work.

Battery reserve too says invalid.

here in France it works
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by Mrsprof(f): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
The emergancy line worked well on MTN, dont know about other network.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by Mrsprof(f): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
The emergency line worked well on MTN, dont know about other network.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Look At The Upcoming Infinix Note 2 / 10 Apps That'll Make Your Smartphone Smarter / LG Introduces LG16- The Cheapest Android Ever, Sells For N2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.