Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,139 members, 7,821,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (123010 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2011
spoilt:

You guys should ease up on nemesis. It is not that serious. Questioning her suitability as a wife now? C'mon.

@ nemesis e don do. We know you know him. He'll probably not be frank here anymore as per everyone in church will now be updated by you!

I did and I will do it again.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by busybody20: 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2011
nemesis:

eyaaa.it is nice when u see ppl showing luv 2 a person dey have neva met.serubawon,always b ursef cuz dis is what ppl respond 2.see d way ppl rose 2 your defence when dat nincompoop mobo started shooting blank bullets everywhere.[size=13pt]i wish i culd post a pic of serubawon[/size] & my husband, but as much as i want 2, i no d poor guy wuld neva 4give me (& my husband wuld kill me patapata).anyway sha, me sef dey wait 4 wedding bells,since i go dey there personally.come 2 tink of it sef,where is pweetygirl na.it looked as if sometin was brewin b/w her & serubawon sometime ago.wetin come happen now?well,serubawon i wish u d best in your future moves o.[size=13pt]i copied dis thread and showed it 2 some friends of mine.u don become a little celebrity o.takia sha[/size].

madam,
Was dat necessary?  Even if u did, no nid to say it to his face.  undecided Ok we don hia, you no him; make we hia word abeg  embarassed
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by ifyalways(f): 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2011
Nemesis comes across as a teen   undecided  Is she really married 
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by armyofone(m): 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2011
no more anony again eh? odikwa risky shocked
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by SisiKill1: 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2011
armyofone:

no more anony again eh? odikwa risky shocked
I tire oh! angry angry

I won't blame him if he doesn't come back to this thread.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by nemesis(f): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2011
women of NL i am sooooooorryyyyyy o.i am not tryin 2 b nasty or ecspose seru n any way.when i talk say i showed d thread 2 friends it was ppl who dont no him.i was only tryin 2 add some spice 2 d thread but it backfired nd im sorry 4 dat.d fact dat i know him & no one else is like intoxicating,but i can c dat im not helping him by dis.im sorry serubawon.ive noticed datu dont contribute dat much since i join dis thread.i will syop it.women sorry o.dat been said, some of d comments were not appropriate.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2011
Here's to all the women on this thread that have always got my back. cool

@nemesis. I guess I can understand some of your comments, but I do believe that I deserve some measure of anonymity. Not that I have any secrets of any kind, but the anonymous nature of NL makes it easier for a lot of people to express what they really feel without any repercussions to his/her person. I enjoy being on this thread, but you make it difficult for me to contribute since I always have it at the back of my mind that someone else isn't playing on the same team. One thing I'm happy about is that I've been honest about everything I put in here. I get the strange feeling that if it were a pack of lies, I'm of the opinion that you would have spilled the beans by now. So, in a very ironic way, you gave me some legitimacy. However, I want my anonymity back. The freedom to contribute anything I want, without me thinking that everything I say here is being debated by a whole bunch of people who know me. One more thing, please stop saying how much you know me. It's beginning to get on people's nerves smiley

Well, kids are back in school and so am I. It's back to all work and no play makes serubawon very miserable. At least I have this thread to fall back on when I get stressed out because I have to admit, you guys put me in stitches sometimes when I read the posts. Thank you for making the thread what it has become. The search goes on for Mrs. serubawon (hopefully sooner than later). I guess when it happens, I'll have to extend an invitation to everyone. Now that would be a blast (to actually see the people behind the posts) wink.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2011
I am going to be your Mrs serubawon cool grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2011
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2011
jennykadry:

shocked :oWeren't you trying to hook me up with prittigrr some time ago. Just making sure. grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Wislet(f): 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2011
jennykadry:

Hahaha! Jenny, u're funny girl.
jennykadry:

serubawon:

@nemesis. I guess I can understand some of your comments, but I do believe that I deserve some measure of anonymity. Not that I have any secrets of any kind, but the anonymous nature of NL makes it easier for a lot of people to express what they really feel without any repercussions to his/her person. I enjoy being on this thread, but you make it difficult for me to contribute since I always have it at the back of my mind that someone else isn't playing on the same team. One thing I'm happy about is that I've been honest about everything I put in here. I get the strange feeling that if it were a pack of lies, I'm of the opinion that you would have spilled the beans by now. So, in a very ironic way, you gave me some legitimacy. However, I want my anonymity back. The freedom to contribute anything I want, without me thinking that everything I say here is being debated by a whole bunch of people who know me. One more thing, please stop saying how much you know me. It's beginning to get on people's nerves smiley

Well, kids are back in school and so am I. It's back to all work and no play makes serubawon very miserable. At least I have this thread to fall back on when I get stressed out because I have to admit, you guys put me in stitches sometimes when I read the posts. Thank you for making the thread what it has become. The search goes on for Mrs. serubawon (hopefully sooner than later). I guess when it happens, I'll have to extend an invitation to everyone. Now that would be a blast (to actually see the people behind the posts) wink.
Ya. I guess she's embarrassed enough. @seru, yup. A real blast it would be. Lookin forward to it- God willing. But all we want is the RIGHT choice. We'll be PATIENTLY waitin for the IV cos all we want is to be invited to the 'happy ever after' union. So! U're charged-- look well before choosing. Else u're gonna answer to moi wink
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2011
CC so I cannot confide in you again? angry Just because I told you I was trying to add serubobo to the list of my e-harems, you are here telling everybody what I told you behind closed RR sports doors? angry angry

@Serubobo

Whether you like it or not, I go become Mrs Serubobo. grin. Just do quick and propose with range rover sports 2011 model and I am all yours, free of charge. 50% discount off bride price and dowry cool
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Wislet(f): 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2011
jennykadry:

jennykadry:

serubawon:

Ya. I guess she's embarrassed enough. @seru, yup. A real blast it would be. Lookin forward to it- God willing. But all we want is the RIGHT choice. We'll be PATIENTLY waitin for the IV cos all we want is to be invited to the 'happy ever after' union. So! U're charged-- look well before choosing. Else u're gonna answer to moi wink
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Wislet(f): 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2011
jennykadry:

CC so I cannot confide in you again? angry Just because I told you I was trying to add serubobo to the list of my e-harems, you are here telling everybody what I told you behind closed RR sports doors? angry angry

@Serubobo

Whether you like it or not, I go become Mrs Serubobo. grin. Just do quick and propose with range rover sports 2011 model and I am all yours, free of charge. 50% discount off bride price and dowry cool
LOL!!! De bride price money no dey inside de car money? Hehe.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
jennykadry:

@Serubobo

@jennykadry. And I was supposed to be scared of nemesis (at least she's married). Ok, let's start from scratch. In naija, no matter the asking price, there will always be a rebuttal. I offer keke elemu as appetizer to start the bid. 2011 Range Rover Sport ke. Are you trying to scare me off my thread?? grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by MOBO999: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^^^ This serubamo lad, are you for real, I mean how low can you get, you seems to take pride in been a widower, why dont you hide your face in shame and be a man, dont come here to sweet talk married and old fustrated women, you lazy man.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2011
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2011
chaircover:

Serubawon dont mind that gold digga o! just buy her a pack of cornflakes, she might find a toy car in there  grin

Ive been chasing Mr CC for nearly a year now for my X5. Ive been on strike, I got into positions that I didnt even know existed  embarassed and other things I dare not say on here.

See the link to my thread o to prove that I am not telling porkys!   https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-568603.0.html

She is not getting her RR sport before I get my X5 or I will tamper with her brakes  angry

Gold Digga woman  angry grin

Ouch!!! shocked
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 28, 2011
chaircover:

Serubawon dont mind that gold digga o! just buy her a pack of cornflakes, she might find a toy car in there  grin

Ive been chasing Mr CC for nearly a year now for my X5. Ive been on strike, I got into positions that I didnt even know existed  embarassed and other things I dare not say on here.

See the link to my thread o to prove that I am not telling porkys!   https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-568603.0.html

She is not getting her RR sport before I get my X5 or I will tamper with her brakes  angry

Gold Digga woman  angry grin
See CC spoiling my plans. You want to pour sand sand inside my garri abi?  angry. Serubobo don't mind her. I kept my virginity for the first guy that will buy me a RR sports. You are the lucky one cool grin

CC, e don do for you diaaaaaa. Be kiaful yourself angry I was speaking to Mr kadry recently after massaging his bald vaseline soaked head like you suggested. He told me that, If I am nice to him, he'd think about it, Like say I have been the worse wife on this planet earth. The dude has practically turned me to his housegirl embarassed , all the things he dared not ask me to do for him before, are what he tells me to do now. cry.

Just 2 days ago, I was ironing one of his shirts, this dude came up behind me and started telling and showing me how to iron the shirt. This is a guy whose shirts I have been ironing for years now , no complaint. I told him after a few minutes that if he does not get off my back now, I will design his face with the hot iron. He started laughing and told me that I have lost 2 points already. cry cry cry sad

And BTW CC can you clarify please? what kind of position did you get into? cool
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2011
jennykadry:

See CC spoiling my plans. You want to pour sand sand inside my garri abi?  angry. Serubobo don't mind her. I kept my virginity for the first guy that will buy me a RR sports. You are the lucky one cool grin

CC, e don do for you diaaaaaa. Be kiaful yourself angry I was speaking to Mr kadry recently after massaging his bald vaseline soaked head like you suggested. He told me that, If I am nice to him, he'd think about it, Like say I have been the worse wife on this planet earth. The dude has practically turned me to his housegirl embarassed , all the things he dared not ask me to do for him before, are what he tells me to do now. cry.

Just 2 days ago, I was ironing one of his shirts, this dude came up behind me and started telling and showing me how to iron the shirt. This is a guy whose shirts I have been ironing for years now , no complaint. I told him after a few minutes that if he does not get off my back now, I will design his face with the hot iron. He started laughing and told me that I have lost 2 points already. cry cry cry sad

And BTW CC can you clarify please? what kind of position did you get into? cool

As I said, you guys put me in stitches. Just what I needed to get through the weekend.

@jennykadry. I respectfully pass. I think only Mr. Kadry can handle your tastes. You are waaaaaaaaay to expensive for a humble naija boy like me. cool
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2011
Mr Kadry will never buy it. I am only deceiving myself. Not bad to wish once in a while. cool

BTW serubobo please I am not the expensive type. cry cry
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prittigrrr(f): 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2011
Hello all! Again, how did I miss all of this? Anyway, I've been away from nairaland and have been focused on my career and other things I put on hold while caring for my ill grandparents. I can't believe it's been a year since my grandfather passed away. My dear uncle who lost his wife has met someone. He still cries daily over his wife and I don't think he's ready to date, but I've never suffered such a loss so I can't judge his choices. @serubawon: I'm very sorry for your loss. If you were at the point of marriage this breakup had to be devastating. Don't lose your hope. God is love and I believe He made us to reflect His love in the earth and to mirror the love of Christ for his church in marriage. Your bride is still in the dressing room being adorned for you, her husband. She will be worth the wait and all tears, pain and hurt you suffered through the waiting will be turned to joy. It is God's will that you not be alone and that you enjoy comfort from love while you are in the land of the living. I am still getting dressed for my husband, whoever he may be. I continue to wish and pray God's best for you and your family.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by SisiKill1: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2011
prittigrrr:

Hello all! Again, how did I miss all of this? Anyway, I've been away from nairaland and have been focused on my career and other things I put on hold while caring for my ill grandparents. I can't believe it's been a year since my grandfather passed away. My dear uncle who lost his wife has met someone. He still cries daily over his wife and I don't think he's ready to date, but I've never suffered such a loss so I can't judge his choices. @serubawon: I'm very sorry for your loss. If you were at the point of marriage this breakup had to be devastating. Don't lose your hope. God is love and I believe He made us to reflect His love in the earth and to mirror the love of Christ for his church in marriage. Your bride is still in the dressing room being adorned for you, her husband. She will be worth the wait and all tears, pain and hurt you suffered through the waiting will be turned to joy. It is God's will that you not be alone and that you enjoy comfort from love while you are in the land of the living. I am still getting dressed for my husband, whoever he may be. I continue to wish and pray God's best for you and your family.

Thanks & God bless. Welcome back. How is life and your career doing?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by imconfused(f): 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2011
silent readerrr
You both should hook up nawwwww, U both know yourselves.Been followwing this thread for agess.
God bless u bothhh smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2011
imconfused:

silent readerrr
You both should hook up nawwwww, U both know yourselves.Been followwing this thread for agess.
God bless u bothhh smiley

Sisi_Kill:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Here we go again!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
//
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by prittigrrr(f): 10:41pm On Aug 28, 2011
My life update: I'm still looking for more meaningful work. I'm very active in grief counseling, emotional counseling and literacy programs. God may lead me to a new field but in the meantime I'm still in the legal field, albeit a brand new area for me. It's nice. I'm loving my new church and I'm very active there. Things are good for me.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by imconfused(f): 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2011
VOICE OF DADDY :

SERUBAWON + PRITTIII cheesy cheesy

Why are you two wasting time?The door has been open since,wetin be dis? angry angry
I don dey grow grey hair since i dey wait for una, cry cry cry
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2011
chei! Reading through this thread i just wonder what i would have done in Serubawon's shoes. I doubt i would be this strong . . . especially when someone has become like a very intimate part of who you are and raising kids together. Sorry bro, the Lord is your strength. It is men like you that we look to on pointers to be a good father and husband.
Chairman, you and pritti . . . am i seeing something here? grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by SisiKill1: 12:02am On Aug 29, 2011
Everybody is seeing something there cheesy
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 1:15am On Aug 29, 2011
davidylan:

chei! Reading through this thread i just wonder what i would have done in Serubawon's shoes. I doubt i would be this strong . . . especially when someone has become like a very intimate part of who you are and raising kids together. Sorry bro, the Lord is your strength. It is men like you that we look to on pointers to be a good father and husband.
Chairman, you and pritti . . . am i seeing something here?  grin

Thanks my brother.  I won't lie to you, I might not be the richest or biggest father in the world, but I am definitely the best father a person can ever be and I continue to strive to become better all the time.   People quantify their value by the material possessions that they have.  I quantify my value by how happy and successful my kids are and will be.  It might sound silly or dumb, but I have the feeling that I preserve their mom's memory the best by making sure that with God's help and favor, they turn out the best.  Don't get me wrong, there are days when I don't have the faintest idea what to do next and I'm so depressed by stuff that life just becomes a big pain in my side.  My kids have this way of knowing when I'm down and they both try to make me laugh and it's so crazy that i can't help laughing with them and things start to look better.  At that point I can start visualizing  a wonderful future where I can look back down memory lane and just be in awe of God's faithfulness and love for His children.

I'm confident that this story will be a success story, someday soon.

Also, please don't become infected by these women and their "seeing things".  I think it's a "woman thing".  I dey God's hands kampe.

Sisi_Kill:

Everybody is seeing something there cheesy

Please stop "seeing stuff", abeg.  grin

imconfused:

VOICE OF DADDY :

SERUBAWON + PRITTIII cheesy cheesy

Why are you two wasting time?The door has been open since,wetin be dis? angry angry
I don dey grow grey hair since i dey wait for una, cry cry cry

Don't start wahala o. Na different voice you dey hear o. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses / Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.