Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. (3397 Views)

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. / The Myth Of Nazareth: Did the historical Jesus Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Hiswordxray(m): 11:04am On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
Please try to think things through before commenting,if you cannot derive knowledge by faith,then how can you obtain it by faith in something... interchanging derive with obtain doesn't suddenly change what faith is(I.e a re-affirmation of things not known to be true but held as true)
And if I asked you for these impossible events..you'd most likely mention miracles of which I cannot verify,or is there a way to induce and/or test one?
If you tell me what you were thinking about this morning when you woke up would I be able to verify it?
Just because I am not able to verify it does it mean you were not thinking this morning and your mind doesn't exist?
Or tell me, is there a way to induce and/or test your thought?
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by davien(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Living in lies is tricking yourself to believe something you know that is not true.
Like telling yourself that there is no God when you know that he exist.

When would you come out of that lie you are hiding yourself?
You can ask pre-concluded questions all day,it would only display your inability to bear the burden of proof..
I know nothing of "god/gods",it is very evident in my comments...the mythologies and claims regarding "god/gods" is what I do know..the same with claims about reptilian beings on the moon.
So you can keep having faith or rather tricking yourself that I have faith like you do or honestly bear the burden of proof,your call. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by davien(m): 11:15am On Dec 20, 2014
Hiswordxray:

If you tell me what you were thinking about this morning when you woke up would I be able to verify it?
Just because I am not able to verify it does it mean you were not thinking this morning and your mind doesn't exist?
Or tell me, is there a way to induce and/or test your thought?
If I indeed told you my thoughts this morning you'd only need cross-confirmation..
We know people think,at least some more than others...(cerebral cortex)
We know people have self reflective thought(frontal lobes)
We have termed our self reflective thoughts and cognitive decisions as "thinking",therefore verifying a thought is not practical because it is a definitional action that requires the brain to work in concert..
The same with being asked to verify a definitional action like "running"
This is your way of sneaking out of my question,again dishonestly dodging the burden of proof...can you see now that your belief has no sound basis when to simply verify something that you define is existent is not feasible? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Hiswordxray(m): 11:19am On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
You can ask pre-concluded questions all day,it would only display your inability to bear the burden of proof..
I know nothing of "god/gods",it is very evident in my comments...the mythologies and claims regarding "god/gods" is what I do know..the same with claims about reptilian beings on the moon.
So you can keep having faith or rather tricking yourself that I have faith like you do or honestly bear the burden of proof,your call. undecided
Well I could also say I don't believe you have thought. You can keep tricking yourself that you have thought or keep telling me that just because you have thought I also have thought. Or maybe you should honestly bear the burden of proof.

Can you proof to me that every human being can think in their mind just like you?
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Hiswordxray(m): 11:23am On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
If I indeed told you my thoughts this morning you'd only need cross-confirmation..
We know people think,at least some more than others...(cerebral cortex)
We know people have self reflective thought(frontal lobes)
We have termed our self reflective thoughts and cognitive decisions as "thinking",therefore verifying a thought is not practical because it is a definitional action that requires the brain to work in concert..
The same with being asked to verify a definitional action like "running"
This is your way of sneaking out of my question,again dishonestly dodging the burden of proof...can you see now that your belief has no sound basis when to simply verify something that you define is existent is not feasible? undecided
You still haven't prove that others could think and you are still deceiving yourself that others could think just because you can think.

Prove to me that I am thinking and I would prove to you that God exist.
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by davien(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Well I could also say I don't believe you have thought. You can keep tricking yourself that you have thought or keep telling me that just because you have thought I also have thought. Or maybe you should honestly bear the burden of proof.

Can you proof to me that every human being can think in their mind just like you?
Thoughts do not really exist...hence we say we perceive our thoughts mentally I.e in our own heads(again this is a definitional action)..
Being in a cause and effect world is in large part why we try to make some paradigms appear existent when they are not...
The brain is also working along this principle,touch a hot stove and you'll experience pain...hold your breathe and you'll pass out,in all and any of this scenario's your actions have an effect and is stimulated by a change in your environment....your thoughts is how the brain micromanages the overwhelming amount of stimuli(or change) around it..
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by davien(m): 11:31am On Dec 20, 2014
Hiswordxray:

You still haven't prove that others could think and you are still deceiving yourself that others could think just because you can think.

Lol...thinking is a termed self reflective action that requires a brain...a brain is an organ that requires a living well oxygenated body..a body is what should be behind a device writing the dribble above...
So,do you have a brain?
Going in circles doesn't make you sound smart hiswordxray,only dishonest.
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Hiswordxray(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
Lol...thinking is a termed self reflective action that requires a brain...a brain is an organ that requires a living well oxygenated body..a body is what should be behind a device writing the dribble above...
So,do you have a brain?
Bla bla bla bla...
This didn't prove anything.

Show me a tangible evidence that people think.
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Weah96: 11:37am On Dec 20, 2014
Hiswordxray:

You just proved it by writing a coherent sentence. Unless you're not really YOU. Are you a bot assuming the identity of a human?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Hiswordxray(m): 11:42am On Dec 20, 2014
Weah96:

You just proved it by writing a coherent sentence. Unless you're not really YOU. Are you a bot assuming the identity of a human?
How are you sure I thought about it before writing.
Please prove it to me.
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Hiswordxray(m): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2014
davien:

You don't sound smart either. But since you want to engage in foolish talk I can indulge you.

Let talk foolish together or let talk the truth.
Which do you prefer?
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by davien(m): 11:45am On Dec 20, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Bla bla bla bla...
This didn't prove anything.

Show me a tangible evidence that people think.
Now you're acting retarded...thinking is a termed action that the brain does...can you show me tangible evidence of seeing?
The same logic applies...we've been going around in circles now just to verify something you claim is existent...now is "god" a thought?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Weah96: 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hiswordxray:

How are you sure I thought about it before writing.
Please prove it to me.

I'm not. You could be a bot. Bots merely retrieve information according to an established algorithm. Are you a robot or a human being?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Hiswordxray(m): 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
Now you're acting retarded...thinking is a termed action that the brain does...can you show me tangible evidence of seeing?
The same logic applies...we've been going around in circles now just to verify something you claim is existent...now is "god" a thought?
Thought is a noun and you still haven't prove to me that people has thought.
If you could prove to me that people have thought then I would prove to you the existence of God.
We can keep going in circles of foolish talk or we could start speaking the truth. For example you know that God exist.
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by davien(m): 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Thought is a noun and you still haven't prove to me that people has thought.
If you could prove to me that people have thought then I would prove to you the existence of God.
We can keep going in circles of foolish talk or we could start speaking the truth. For example you know that God exist.
The word is a noun..the meaning is an action..
" the product of mental activity; that which one thinks "-
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thought
So...is "god" a thought?
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by badex11: 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
Please Kindly assist to cast your vote for my daughter by liking her picture in the ongoing cussons baby moments competition. Her name is DEBORAH ANJOLAOLUWA
here is the voting link
https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details.php?ref=276
Thank you and God bless

Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Hiswordxray(m): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
The word is a noun..the meaning is an action..
" the product of mental activity; that which one thinks "-
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thought
So...is "god" a thought?
You still haven't prove anything.
Or are your thought an action?
I am not asking for the meaning of thought. I simply ask you to prove to me that people have thought.
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by davien(m): 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hiswordxray:

You still haven't prove anything.
Or are your thought an action?
It is the product of an action....the same way photons bouncing off of anything to incident on your cornea is interpreted by you as "seeing" is the same way your environment and body being reviewed in light of interactions with and by the brain's mental activity is a thought.
I don't have to prove that you have a thought...because it is a property for you as a mentally active animal...unless you deny being one.
So instead of proving "god" you've been running around the questions...is this how you show "god" exists,by dodging questions? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Longstride: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:
It is the product of an action....the same way photons bouncing off of anything to incident on your cornea ams is interpreted by you as "seeing" is the same way your environment and body being reviewed in light of interactions with by the brain's mental activity is a thought.
I don't have to prove that you have a thought...because it is a property for you as a mentally active animal...unless you deny being one.
So instead of proving "god" you've been running around the questions...is this how you show "god" exists,by dodging questions? undecided

you're wasting your time with him.
He's grasping straws.

The only thing he's right about is that gods and thoughts are similar ....they exist in your head.

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. by Hiswordxray(m): 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
davien:

Exactly my point.
I don't have to prove to you that God exist because you know he exist... all living being knows God exist... unless you deny being one undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could this be the Real Face Of Jesus? / Is Jesus God ? / Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.