Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

Federal High Court Grants Prison Inmates The Right To Vote In All Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal High Court Grants Prison Inmates The Right To Vote In All Elections (472 Views)

Kuje Prison Inmates Jubilates As Badeh Joins Them, Rejects Foods / Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates / Prisoners In Nigeria Have Right To Vote In All Elections, Court Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal High Court Grants Prison Inmates The Right To Vote In All Elections by kateikenna: 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
Inmates of all the prisons across the country have been granted the right to vote in all the elections following a yesterday's verdict by Justice Mohammed Lima of the Federal High
Court in Benin, Edo State.

The ruling followed a suit filed by Victor Emenuwe, Onome Inaye, Kabiru Abu, Osagie Iyekepolor, Modugu Odion (for and on behalf of inmates of Nigeria Prisons) against a proposed move by the INEC and the Comptroller-General of Nigeria Prisons Service that initially prohibit the inmates from voting.

More:  http://m.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F1GVRDrU&h=sAQEavKPB&enc=AZNa1XMLrs-L2wPsRQxscrkJsZ_eCysZ_dd5YhXwQv3c74pudHNP4C58QmowUWK_n9i1Akqzbv8Lq_Cc2GbDIgxHoxCEXAHL-cpuGU_MUDgT-w

B
Re: Federal High Court Grants Prison Inmates The Right To Vote In All Elections by omenka(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
Wow. If this is true then it's a commendable development. smiley
Re: Federal High Court Grants Prison Inmates The Right To Vote In All Elections by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
oya Bode George come and canvass for votes there ,since you know how it goes for prison

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Grants Prison Inmates The Right To Vote In All Elections by houstonia(m): 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Chaiiiii naim be sey I go win the next gubernatorial election for imo because all my loyalist base for sanko. Yipeee grin
Re: Federal High Court Grants Prison Inmates The Right To Vote In All Elections by Ghost01(m): 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
A very welcome development.
Re: Federal High Court Grants Prison Inmates The Right To Vote In All Elections by alberto2k(m): 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
Voting GEJ till 2019 from Alagbon grin
Re: Federal High Court Grants Prison Inmates The Right To Vote In All Elections by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
alberto2k:
Voting GEJ till 2019 from Alagbon grin
You make me remember Alagbon. ". . . enu o gb'oyin l'Alagbon . . ."
@Topic: It is a welcome development. I have always wondered why incarceration denies people of their right to vote.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu To Commission Road, Hospital In Edo / Photos:Gov Obiano Visits The Disables,Distributes Prosthetic Fittings 2 Them / Still On 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.