Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,238 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application (4136 Views)

More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Mobi47(m): 12:34am On Dec 19, 2014
this has been running on my mind for long. The question is this ;
what if one gets a job and next year march,
Nysc starts calling.

Will it be advisable to leave the job and go for Nysc?

Will it be advicable to forget
nysc nd continue with the job?

When will such person go for his or her nysc?
Remember some jobs requires the presentation of nysc certificate before it can be given?
My nairaland job/vacancy experts, What do you think?

1 Like

Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by lafflaff123(m): 1:46am On Dec 19, 2014
If you cant do the job while serving, then i advice you go for NYSC first.
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 19, 2014
It all depends on the type of Job and all.

To recent graduate/awaiting youth corpers, start your Job hunt. If you Land a Job before NYSC then fine..you'll end up putting some creative thinking on the desk. You'll be surprised as to how easy things could eventually pan out.

Personally, I have no problem missing the "NYSC Fun" for a far greater cause grin grin
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Mobi47(m): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2014
taiwolusol

If you Land
a Job before NYSC then fine..you'll end
up putting some creative thinking on
the desk. You'll be surprised as to how
easy things could eventually pan out.
bro, do you think the organization will assist an individual on ensuring that the Job is converted to Nysc service? U know, a better job that requires u presenting ur Nysc cert, can come up later, so how can one avoid dis conflict.
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by LaurelP(m): 10:44am On Dec 19, 2014
If its a gud job, I wouldn't advice u to quit for nysc service. U can defer ur service or better still if u must go, write to ur employer to allow u go.
They can get a contract staff to man ur position pending ur return from service. You can also ask them to allow u serve in the establishment as a corper after which u go back to ur permanent status. But I won't advice u to leave a gud job for Nysc which u re not sure of securing a job after.
Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 19, 2014
I got a programming job @ a reputable firm in Lagos. Two months after, NYSC came calling. The HR of the firm recommended someone that will help do the runsing to Lagos, not knwing that the runsing guy is a learner. I tried relocating back to Lagos from camp, everything I did proved abortive. I'm serving somewhere in the North, where I do nothing and practically wait for NYSC alawee every month.
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by tobey2ng(m): 11:59am On Dec 19, 2014
phatjoe50:
I got a programming job @ a reputable firm in Lagos. Two months after, NYSC came calling. The HR of the firm recommended someone that will help do the runsing to Lagos, not knwing that the runsing guy is a learner. I tried relocating back to Lagos from camp, everything I did proved abortive. I'm serving somewhere in the North, where I do nothing and practically wait for NYSC alawee every month.
This is a reply to all the commenting so far.I want to talk frm experience.I got a job in pharmaceutical company as microbiologist in Jan in 2011 n I was called up in March for service.I opened up to my boss few days to camping since I couldn't influence d posting to lag successfully.I had to confided in her that I don't wnt to loss the job n I want to serve as well.she was the 1 that gave mi idea on how to avoid sanction frm the management.Throughtout the 3wks I used in Ede camp we always communicate.I told her to just covered mi up for the 3wks camping that I wil sort this out after camping.I was able to did my camping successfully without hitch and for like 3months after camping I used to travel to Ikirun evri thursdays for CDS buh after 3mnths things changed she said she can't help again that the management is suspecting my frequent absent @ work evri thursdays.she said I shld just sort myself out b4 I got her into problem.So I started sorting the head teacher in my PPA out of my allawe n I employed 1 ex-corper in the ikirun town to be signing for mi n paying him 2 frm my allawe 2 only for the guy to screwed up the signing plan when he missed a CDS just 4mnths to complete the service program.Meanwhile my file @ the LGI office has my passport photography n the guy signing is anoda person entirely so I can't defend this.The guy can't go n sign again because the LGI was suspecting fowl play n I can't go there either because I knew I have been caught already.I knew that if I shld showed up I will be given an extension n I will be monitored throughout which means that I have to be on ground in ikirun n automatically I will loss my job which I don't want to happen after coming that far.I just snubbed it since I knew I will be remobilized again for another service year.Immediately I started strategiesing for another service year.I came with the idea of getting an idle friend to help mi do the service program frm the scrash with all my details buh he wil use his passport photo n since NYSC dnt have the idea of putting photo on their cert yet that was how I beat them.Behold I have my cert with me presently n stil keep my job in which I have gotten another job to resume in Jan.The fact is just that knowing what you want n going for it with determinations n positivity mind n no panic,just be realistic either good or bad because we are all nigerians n we all know what's going on evriday even those @ the helms of affairs go extra miles to fix good future for their children.This is reality take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Mobi47(m): 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
phatjoe50
thanks for sharing

Tobey2ng
thats a tough situation o, and very risky too, thank God u got out of that situation, its a nice Idea though
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Lennylinconlee(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
tobey2ng:

This is a reply to all the commenting so far.I want to talk frm experience.I got a job in pharmaceutical company as microbiologist in Jan in 2011 n I was called up in March for service.I opened up to my boss few days to camping since I couldn't influence d posting to lag successfully.I had to confided in her that I don't wnt to loss the job n I want to serve as well.she was the 1 that gave mi idea on how to avoid sanction frm the management.Throughtout the 3wks I used in Ede camp we always communicate.I told her to just covered mi up for the 3wks camping that I wil sort this out after camping.I was able to did my camping successfully without hitch and for like 3months after camping I used to travel to Ikirun evri thursdays for CDS buh after 3mnths things changed she said she can't help again that the management is suspecting my frequent absent @ work evri thursdays.she said I shld just sort myself out b4 I got her into problem.So I started sorting the head teacher in my PPA out of my allawe n I employed 1 ex-corper in the ikirun town to be signing for mi n paying him 2 frm my allawe 2 only for the guy to screwed up the signing plan when he missed a CDS just 4mnths to complete the service program.Meanwhile my file @ the LGI office has my passport photography n the guy signing is anoda person entirely so I can't defend this.The guy can't go n sign again because the LGI was suspecting fowl play n I can't go there either because I knew I have been caught already.I knew that if I shld showed up I will be given an extension n I will be monitored throughout which means that I have to be on ground in ikirun n automatically I will loss my job which I don't want to happen after coming that far.I just snubbed it since I knew I will be remobilized again for another service year.Immediately I started strategiesing for another service year.I came with the idea of getting an idle friend to help mi do the service program frm the scrash with all my details buh he wil use his passport photo n since NYSC dnt have the idea of putting photo on their cert yet that was how I beat them.Behold I have my cert with me presently n stil keep my job in which I have gotten another job to resume in Jan.The fact is just that knowing what you want n going for it with determinations n positivity mind n no panic,just be realistic either good or bad because we are all nigerians n we all know what's going on evriday even those @ the helms of affairs go extra miles to fix good future for their children.This is reality take it or leave it.

Guy u try....but mind u. The fact that u try it and u are able to scale tru doesn't guarantee anoda prsn succeeding it....
Likewise a risky thing to do...some1 have done this scenerio of urs in the past and he is paying dearly for it now.
So dear advice seeker...think twice
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by tobey2ng(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
Mobi47:
phatjoe50
thanks for sharing

Tobey2ng
thats a tough situation o, and very risky too, thank God u got out of that situation, its a nice Idea though
U can't be successful if u dnt take a risky n u can't be successful if u are afraid of failure. It better to face your challenges once n u shall use it as a stepping stone.100s of my mates we graduated together n they got their NYSC cert easily are stil @home looking for job while I took the risky n came out of it whilst stil keep my job.It all depend on what u want.A drastic decision as to be apply to drastic issue*Peace*

1 Like

Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by tobey2ng(m): 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
Lennylinconlee:

Guy u try....but mind u. The fact that u try it and u are able to scale tru doesn't guarantee anoda prsn succeeding it....
Likewise a risky thing to do...some1 have done this scenerio of urs in the past and he is paying dearly for it now.
So dear advice seeker...think twice
There's nothing impossible n for evri problem there's always a solution.Although I quite understand you buh if you have never been there you can't know how it feels losing a job @ the tip of your finger.I was asked to resigned I cried n I keep on believing in myself because nobody gave mi chance.
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Mobi47(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
this is a very tough scenario that needs an abrupt thought before taking action, considering the fact that many opportunity that might come before NYSC, will or might be rare to re-occur again.
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by tobey2ng(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
Mobi47:
this is a very tough scenario that needs an abrupt thought before taking action, considering the fact that many opportunity that might come before NYSC, will or might be rare to re-occur again.
You dnt see opportunity with your naked eye buh can be see by those who think fast.
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Mobi47(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
tobey2ng:

You dnt see opportunity with your naked eye buh can be see by those who think fast.

I get you my brother, you are right, I belv those are opportunities and should not be left to b passed by. For me, I wont support the part of asking someone to run ur NYSC 4u, cus its too risky. For me, Apply+get the job+ ask them to retain u as an NYSC candidate in every possible way u can+ if it works, fine. And if it doesnt work, move on for the NYSC. I think, this is what I have learnt from u guys experience. Thanks for sharing. I have missed alot of opportunity bcus of this issue.
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
Mobi47:

I get you my brother, you are right, I belv those are opportunities and should not be left to b passed by. For me, I wont support the part of asking someone to run ur NYSC 4u, cus its too risky. For me, Apply+get the job+ ask them to retain u as an NYSC candidate in every possible way u can+ if it works, fine. And if it doesnt work, move on for the NYSC. I think, this is what I have learnt from u guys experience. Thanks for sharing. I have missed alot of opportunity bcus of this issue.

I am an awaiting Corper myself. And yes, I got a job before NYSC.

What did I do, I let NYSC slide grin... I was to go with the Batch C14, of which camp was going to resume the Following day I got my offer letter. I did the right thing, or so i feel smiley. I think an extra 4 months is worth it!
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by tobey2ng(m): 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
Mobi47:

The discussion is yours.

1 Like

Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Giannakopoulos(f): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
My opinion would be: attend orientation camp,there after,open up to your NYSC LGI,He or She would advise you on how to go about it.
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by gonkin(m): 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
I can never quit a well paying job for NYSC. Because to get a job isnt easy
Re: NYSC VS Fresh Graduate Quest For Job Application by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 12, 2015
taiwolusol:
It all depends on the type of Job and all.

To recent graduate/awaiting youth corpers, start your Job hunt. If you Land a Job before NYSC then fine..you'll end up putting some creative thinking on the desk. You'll be surprised as to how easy things could eventually pan out.

Personally, I have no problem missing the "NYSC Fun" for a far greater cause grin grin
sorry wt kind of job do u land b4 nysc cuz most big jobs ask for nysc completion cert

(1) (Reply)

Microfinance Bank Graduate/non-graduate Position (₦150k Monthly) / Netcom Salary Structure / Lucrative Jobs For Female OND And S.S.C.E Holders!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.