Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,528 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG (7918 Views)

Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah Press Statement Towards Eliminating Fuel Queues Nationwide / Breaking News : Senators Reach Deal To Reopen U.S. Government / Eni And Shell Reach Deal On Opl 245 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by TheRealMrStan(m): 8:54am On Dec 19, 2014
Oil workers under the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) and the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Worker (NUPENG) have called off their four-day long industrial action.
The National Executive Councils of the two unions agreed to suspend the strike after a long meeting on Thursday with federal government representatives.

The meeting lasted till the early hours of Friday.

Though details of the resolution were yet to be released, a senior national official of PENGASSAN in Abuja told PREMIUM TIMES that the unions were able to extract “firm” commitments from the government with regards to their grievances.
The meeting, convened by the Ministry of Labour and Productivity, was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
Some of the demands of the workers included the immediate reinstatement of one of PENGASSAN zonal official in Rivers state, Elo Victor, sacked by the management of Total Oil Nigeria and the suspension of plans by government to sell the refineries.
The workers were also protesting against the delay in the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB), which has been pending at the National Assembly for about six years.

The PENGASSAN official, who pleaded that he should not be named as he was authorized to speak on the issue, said a formal joint statement calling off the action would be issued by the NEC of the union later on Friday.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173543-oil-workers-end-nationwide-strike.html
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by nollyway(m): 8:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Hw e take cosine me grin

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by Abbey2sam(m): 8:55am On Dec 19, 2014
News of strike should not make fp again
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by holatin(m): 8:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Sell the refineries for what purpose.

But I though the fuel subsidy removed was meant for repairing and upgrading refineries.
Jona jona jona the way Nigeria is going THERE RIS GOLD OOOOOOOO.

Buhari for President

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by donmalcolm21(m): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2014
Trade Unions are no longer joining issues with government before going on strike all in a bid to derail the fresh air .
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by manutdadex(m): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2014
thank u Gej! Since we blame him for everythin bad..i wil giv him credit for every good news i hear!

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by donmalcolm21(m): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2014
Why can't our lawmaker pass the PIB so that there will be greater regulation in the petroleum industry rather they jump fences and make noise with cross carpeting

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2014
They better do
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by TDstarr: 8:59am On Dec 19, 2014
osho gban gban
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 19, 2014
OK
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by mistabiola: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2014
My boss will be like ''this is too early now/ why not after xmas'' clueless president cheesy grin ,If it is other sector now ¤they will still be stalk on negotiation¤

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by henryobinna(m): 9:00am On Dec 19, 2014
nollyway:
Hw e take cosine me grin
imagine!!!
how does it concern you, you ask?
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by dridowu: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2014
It just a matter of daz b4 dy return to strike. Strike is d 2nd name name of most govt employee
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by DesChyko: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2014
So many associations have reached deals with the FG, only to strike again because their agreements were not met.

I'm sure this will be one of them.
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by kentochi(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2014
Ok
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by ignis: 9:02am On Dec 19, 2014
Good news

But what is now the essence of the strike? Has it accomplished it's purpose?

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by Greatpooss(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2014
They may strike as long as they wish, afterall our government is seriously sick. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by MovingTrain(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2014
Good development!
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by dante23: 9:08am On Dec 19, 2014
so there was a strike?
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2014
GEJ till 2019!

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by Tpharell: 9:16am On Dec 19, 2014
Demands have not been met, hence it's only a matter of time before we are back with the same demands
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by johndwayy(m): 9:17am On Dec 19, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173543-oil-workers-end-nationwide-strike.html
So what did they actually achieve from this four day strike, when the most important issue (PIB) wasn't even discussed appropriately? Pengassan and Nupeng has been so selfish and misguided.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by johndwayy(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2014
ignis:
Good news

But what is now the essence of the strike? Has it accomplished it's purpose?
My thoughts exactly.... The strike is just for selfish purpose, period!
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by dre11(m): 9:21am On Dec 19, 2014
Hum!!!!!

I will have petrol to drive my generator since no one can rely on Eko electricity distribution company for constant supply of electricity

Gonna have a good holiday
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by lilmax(m): 9:30am On Dec 19, 2014
This is nice
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by PerfumeRepublik: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2014
Nice one
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by TCD: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2014
Bad news for those useless Black market operators
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by jbaby265(f): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2014
the strike has really done gud to me at least i took care of some vitals issues..before resuming to work..still on my way to petrochemicals were i worked
Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 19, 2014
Apgci

Re: Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG by englishmart(m): 11:19am On Dec 19, 2014
Provided it's not groundnut oil, they can keep striking

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gnld Super Gro Fertilizer For Poultry Farming / What Are The Best Payment Gateways For Dropshipping? / Remittances, Trade With Nigeria Seen Dropping As UK Economy Slows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.