Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde (32976 Views)

Is This True About Nollywood Actor Tony Umez? (Pic) / Caption This Photo of Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Dancing / Queen Nwokoye Vs Funke Akindele : Who Is Nollywood's Queen Of Comedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Orikinla(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2014
Yes, legendary Academy Award winning director Steven Spielberg knows Lupita Nyong'o of Kenya who is famous for winning the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her critically acclaimed role of "Patsey" in Steve McQueen's multiple award winning historical drama "12 Years a Slave" (2013), and he also knows Rachel Mwanza of Democratic Republic of the Congo who won the coveted Silver Bear for Best Actress at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival in February 2012, Best Actress at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival, Vancouver Film Critics Circle in 2012 and Best Actress at the 1st Canadian Screen Awards for her unforgettable role as "Komona" in the Academy Award nominated film "War Witch" (French: Rebelle) by Kim Nguyen. But Spielberg did not know Nigeria's Queen of Nollywood Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, aka Omosexy when he met her for the first time in 2013.

"She scores a zero on the Hollywood Richter scale. She has never starred in a major motion picture. Her most recent film, Last Flight to Abuja, means nothing to devotees of Netflix and LoveFilm," reported Ben Arogundade for the Telegraph of UK on August 28, 2013. And went on to add that world famous Steven Spielberg did not know her even though she was sitting next to him at the TIME 100 Gala dinner she was attending as one of the 2013 TIME 100 Most Influential People in the World.
He did not know her even though she has acted leading roles in more than 300 Nollywood movies and has her own reality TV show "The Real Me" on the AfricaMagic channel of M-Net Africa's DStv, MultiChoice's digital satellite TV service launched in 1995.

But why?

Steven Spielberg did not know Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, because she has never starred in a major motion picture by Hollywood standards.

What of her role as "Anya" in Chineze Anyaene's "Ijé-the Journey" in 2010?

That was a great role that I would even call an Oscar performance, but "Ijé" was not a major motion picture and did not even have any Hollywood theatrical release like Tony Abulu's "Doctor Bello" and Biyi Bandele's "Half of a Yellow Sun" of 2013, even though the two films were among the worst box office flops of the year.

Omotola is yet to star in a major motion picture and until she does, Spielberg and other leading world class directors will continue to ignore her.
And she must not rest on the oars of her Nollywood glories, because the only way she can prove that she is a world class actress is to compete with the best in motion picture where Lupita Nyong'o, Rachel Mwanza , Leleti Khumalo, Wunmi Mosaku, Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo and other African actresses are making headlines and making millions of dollars. She has conquered Nollywood and now is the time to step up and move on to greater heights in her acting career until she can walk on the red carpet of the Cannes and Oscars as a competitor and not as a spectator.

For those on Nairaland, who don't know who is Steven Spielberg.
He is an American film director who is one of the most accomplished important filmmakers in the history of motion picture. He has won two Academy Awards for his "Schindler's List" (1993 / 66th Academy Awards) and "Saving Private Ryan" (1998 / 71st Academy Awards) and has received a total of 7 Academy Award nominations.
Most people in the world know him for his blockbusters "Jaws" (1975), "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" (1982), and "Jurassic Park (1993). His films have made more than US$8.5 billion worldwide with Spielberg making more than US$3 billion according to Forbes.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/30639/15/why-steven-spielberg-did-not-know-omotola-jalade-e.html

Photo: Omotola Jalade Ekeinde at the Time 100 Gala with the famous icons of Hollywood Steven Spielberg and Daniel Day-Lewis.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Airforce1(m): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2014
He's right

we don't know much bout naija celebs here in United states
cheesy

31 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Orikinla(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2014
Airforce1:
we don't know much bout naija celebs here in United states cheesy
But they are popular in Atlanta.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Orunto: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
Does he know NOI, our Nollywood and IMF Finance Machine, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala?

5 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Orikinla(m): 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Orunto:
Does he know NOI, our Nollywood and IMF Finance Machine, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala?

You're missing the context of the article.
Relax and read it.

29 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by SexyFox(f): 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Just as he does not know of her. That is how many Africans too does not know of him. Therefore, equation balance.

97 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by repogirl(f): 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
SexyFox:
Just as he does not know of her. That is how many Africans too does not know of him. Therefore, equation balance.
abi o cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by ideee03(f): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
He doesn't have to know her for her to be relevant.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Natasha2(f): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
mtchewwww.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Orikinla(m): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
SexyFox:
grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Orikinla(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
I should have written this article in Pidgin English.

22 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by pomporiking: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
Did omotola claim to know him,what is the reason for posting this nonsense

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by georjay(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
I no sabi diz stephen spilbeans o

15 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by iamrealdeji(m): 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
Orikinla:
Yes, legendary Academy Award winning director Steven Spielberg knows Lupita Nyong'o of Kenya who is famous for winning the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her critically acclaimed role of "Patsey" in Steve McQueen's multiple award winning historical drama "12 Years a Slave" (2013), and he also knows Rachel Mwanza of Democratic Republic of the Congo who won the coveted Silver Bear for Best Actress at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival in February 2012, Best Actress at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival, Vancouver Film Critics Circle in 2012 and Best Actress at the 1st Canadian Screen Awards for her unforgettable role as "Komona" in the Academy Award nominated film "War Witch" (French: Rebelle) by Kim Nguyen. But Spielberg did not know Nigeria's Queen of Nollywood Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, aka Omosexy when he met her for the first time in 2013.

"She scores a zero on the Hollywood Richter scale. She has never starred in a major motion picture. Her most recent film, Last Flight to Abuja, means nothing to devotees of Netflix and LoveFilm," reported Ben Arogundade for the Telegraph of UK on August 28, 2013. And went on to add that world famous Steven Spielberg did not know her even though she was sitting next to him at the TIME 100 Gala dinner she was attending as one of the 2013 TIME 100 Most Influential People in the World.
He did not know her even though she has acted leading roles in more than 300 Nollywood movies and has her own reality TV show "The Real Me" on the AfricaMagic channel of M-Net Africa's DStv, MultiChoice's digital satellite TV service launched in 1995.
But why?
Steven Spielberg did not know Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, because she has never starred in a major motion picture by Hollywood standards.
That was a great role that I would even call an Oscar performance, but "Ijé" was not a major motion picture and did not even have any Hollywood theatrical release like Tony Abulu's "Doctor Bello" and Biyi Bandele's "Half of a Yellow Sun" of 2013, even though the two films were among the worst box office flops of the year.

Omotola is yet to star in a major motion picture and until she does, Spielberg and other leading world class directors will continue to ignore her.
And she must not rest on the oars of her Nollywood glories, because the only way she can prove that she is a world class actress is to compete with the best in motion picture where Lupita Nyong'o, Rachel Mwanza , Leleti Khumalo, Wunmi Mosaku, Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo and other African actresses are making headlines and making millions of dollars. She has conquered Nollywood and now is the time to step up and move on to greater heights in her acting career until she can walk on the red carpet of the Cannes and Oscars as a competitor and not as a spectator.

He is an American film director who is one of the most accomplished important filmmakers in the history of motion picture. He has won two Academy Awards for his "Schindler's List" (1993 / 66th Academy Awards) and "Saving Private Ryan" (1998 / 71st Academy Awards) and has received a total of 7 Academy Award nominations.
Most people in the world know him for his blockbusters "Jaws" (1975), "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" (1982), and "Jurassic Park (1993). His films have made more than US$8.5 billion worldwide with Spielberg making more than US$3 billion according to Forbes.

Photo: Omotola Jalade Ekeinde at the Time 100 Gala with the famous icons of Hollywood Steven Spielberg and Daniel Day-Lewis.
Do you think it's that easy? If they tell Omotola to join Illuminati,do you think she can join them? You're just saying trash since morning and I just place my chin on my palm reading it,you think it's that easy? Hollywood koor,Bollywood nii

1 Like

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Mcbussy(m): 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
SexyFox:

I'm sure u watch hollywood movies...If u don't know Steven Spielberg, then you are not enlightened grin

Its like using Facebook and not knowing Mark Zuckerberg or using Nairaland without knowing Seun Osewa

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by iamrealdeji(m): 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
SexyFox:
Of course

1 Like

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by iamrealdeji(m): 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
pomporiking:
Did omotola claim to know him,what is the reason for posting this nonsense
Omotola should know him,who doesn't know him?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Mcbussy(m): 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
ideee03:
He doesn't have to know her for her to be relevant.

Very true smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by iamrealdeji(m): 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
Orikinla:

But why?

A lot of those American celebs that Juliet Ibrahim takes pictures with wouldn't know her too,because they see people like her like groupies,they're not celebs out there,they're ordinary people,Juliet's wahala is too much,she idolizes celebs too much,even always famzing Nigerian celebs she knows when Wizkid,Davido,Dbanj,etc birthday,she wishes them happy birthday even before their relatives and friends do and they don't reply

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
Wait o, abeg who is steven spielberg? We don't know him here in sambisa forest..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Natasha2:
mtchewwww.
hey!
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by SexyFox(f): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
Mcbussy:

I'm sure u watch hollywood movies...If u don't know Steven Spielberg, then you are not enlightened grin

Its like using Facebook and not knowing Mark Zuckerberg or using Nairaland without knowing Seun Osewa
when was the last time I watch hollywood film *thinking*

huh, I cant remember :/.

I watch mostly Korea, Phillipins,Mexico,Indian films, once in a while I watch Nollywood films. And once in a diamond moon I watch hollywood films. So yes, I dont know him. 8-)

5 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by SexyFox(f): 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Mcbussy:

Very true smiley
Seconded.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
Who is Steven Spielberg?
I'll rather be a prince at home than a slave abroad.

We don care whether he knows her or not. Omosexy ride on sweety.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by SexyFox(f): 9:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
But I know am facially sha. Make I no lie cheesy
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Missmossy(f): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
undecidedLollz grin we dont always know him!

2 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by hensben(m): 10:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
sincerely speaking,

i dont know this man, i cant even spell his last name even why looking at it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Abbey2sam(m): 12:21am On Dec 20, 2014
SexyFox:

So many African countries knows omotola. ...
but they don't know he is

same thing if you ask me............................

Why should he's opinion count this much about our celebrity ?

You can't know every famous person in the world .....

3 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Abbey2sam(m): 12:28am On Dec 20, 2014
Mcbussy:

the fact that you were opportune to have heard about the said dude doesn't mean everyone out there must know him ok......same applies to omosexy. ..alright

we know our own.....They know theirs ...

so many people knows chinua AChebe and wole soyinka more than the said dude.......just imagine that they know about your existence in Asian especially China

7 Likes

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by cupidhero(m): 12:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Please if you claim you know about movies and you don't know steven spielberg then you deserve small deliverance. It's like saying you love superhero flicks and yet you can't recognize or know stan lee. Omotola would have introduced herself to him rather than waiting for a man who shaped hollywood to recognize her.This is what you get for starring in 300 shitty movies in an industry with zero talent.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by itstpia8: 2:30am On Dec 20, 2014
did somebody go to ask steven spielberg if he knew her?
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by axortedbabe(f): 4:54am On Dec 20, 2014
Who's omotala..
Dnt even knw her too..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Foluke Daramola Celebrates Her 40th Birthday With Stunning Photos / Police Allegedly Shoots Nigerian Artist On His Way To Headies Award / Talented Celebrities That Refused To Drop-Out From School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.