Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Similarities Between Life And The Game Of Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Similarities Between Life And The Game Of Football (2335 Views)

Anichebe Slams Kit Harington, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor For Snubbing Him / Europe's Best Penalty Takers In The World Of Football / Game Of Thrones World Cup Kits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Similarities Between Life And The Game Of Football by Akposb(m): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
The game of football is a sport that seems to generate much excitement among those who watch it. It goes beyond the ball as an instrument of contention as great things are involved beyond it. Skills and talent are added thrills to the overall excitement.
As a big fan of the game, I have noticed some amazing similarities between life and the game. Below are some of my observation:
1. Human activities start and end here on Earth aside the fact that we may face judgement someday. The field is the beginning and the end of the game and results are the only factor that goes beyond it.
2. Life is technical and in as much as we continue to live we must make an effort to learn everyday. Football is also a sport that emphasizes the importance of learning and innovation.
3. Talent plus hard work and discipline are needed to excel. This is a fact we must have acknowledged at some point in our life. Football is a physical game and it need loads of hard work but without talent it becomes a boring game. I can't imagine a world without the device I am holding or any other invention that has been created. Discipline is also a crucial factor as it separates the loser from the winner, the lazy from the strong.
4. Life is terminal. All lives come to an end someday no matter what we think. We are all left to pray for a better end the moment we realise this. The football world is just like this a player has a beginning and the end which is retirement but in both cases memories are always left behind.
5. Money changes things. It is one instrument that can cause destruction or joy. Its advantages surely outweighs the disadvantage as we all can see in the game of football. No matter how it is used its importance can't be discarded

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona And Chelsea Take It To Twitter / Second Epl Goal Excites Osaze / Background Of Golden Eaglets' Star Striker, Victor Osimhen: A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.