Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy (8277 Views)

Rerun Elections: Vote Your Conscience, Wike’s Wife Tells Rivers People / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians / How To Vote According To INEC (Video Inclusive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by lalasticlala(m): 7:28am On Dec 20, 2014
In this interview, the President of the Nigerian Women in Clergy, Nonnie Robertson has expresses serious fear over the 2015 general election, saying that the election may turn violent if current security issues are not addressed and the election is not suspended.
Excerpts:

What has your group, Women in Clergy been up to lately?

The period has been very busy for us locally and globally. When you look at the things that have been happening in the country, especially the killings and spilling of blood by the Boko Haram insurgents and the non-release of the Chibok girls, you will agree that the country is going through a herculean time.

We are in crisis as a nation; whether you like it or not and as a Christian organization, we have come to recognize that this is not just about prayers as we have earnestly done, so we decided to travel up north to access the situation ourselves. With what we saw and heard, we discovered that those of us in Abuja and those in the southern part of the country don’t even know what is really going on.

Are you saying that government has not been handling the Boko Haram insurgency right?

They may think they are handling it right, but the result they are getting should tell them if they are handling it right or not. In everything, the result tells. And in certain things, you need to keep changing strategy.

You said earlier that we should for once leave politics aside; does that mean that the problem is politically motivated?

My candid opinion is that it is both politically and religiously motivated. But whatever it is, it is a wicked motivation; fight whoever you want to fight and leave the innocent masses out of it. Why kill the innocent? Why kill these little ones? What have they done? What is going on? It really does not make any sense.

The 2015 general elections are around the corner and one constant slogan we have been hearing lately is change, especially coming from the All Progressives Congress, APC; is it change from PDP to APC the country needs at this point?

Almost all these people talking about change were once in the PDP, almost all of them; so for me, it is no longer a party thing. My prayer is that the right candidates who will do the will of God should emerge.

What are your fears for the 2015 general elections?

My fears? I know the president is going to win the presidential election because I prayed and a lot others have prayed too. The sceptre has not been taken away from him, but it is going to be very close and intense.

I don’t want to use the word fears but concerns; most of the top politicians have moved their children abroad. Their children are no longer here. I wish parents can talk to their children so that they are not used as political thugs.

There are people who think the elections should be cancelled for now because of the current wave of insecurity in the country; do you subscribe to this?

I wish they can heed that call and cancel the elections because there could be violence and there will be victims.

.What role is your organisation playing in all these?

We have been praying and fasting but as you know, faith without work is dead. We are getting involved. We are working with a lot of female aspirants, trying to encourage and push them. The next thing is to embark on a mass sensitisation project to tell Nigerians what is expected of them. Votes will count this time around; so we will encourage people to vote based on their individual conviction. We will tell them to collect their money and rice if they bring them, but vote your conscience.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/2015-may-take-money-politicians-vote-according-conscience-clergy-tells-nigerians/

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Firefire(m): 7:33am On Dec 20, 2014
Almost all these people talking about CHANGE were once in the PDP, almost all of them; so for me, it is no longer a party thing. My prayer is that the right candidates who will do the will of God should emerge.

True talk!

Part of your stolen wealth should be receive back in cash & Rice, but do the right thing. Follow your conscience.

ONE MAN

ONE WOMAN

ONE YOUTH

ONE VOTE!

12 Likes

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by ALKARULEZ615(m): 7:36am On Dec 20, 2014
grin
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Wittylens(m): 7:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Of course Na..

If APC like they should give me one pot of rice..

I go chop am ,Use Orijin Wash am down , Clean Mouth And Vote For GEJ... grin

Yes , Nigeria Needs Change ! But NO , APC / Buhari Cannot Change Nigeria. it will still be the same old shit!

The person that will change Nigeria is not in our generation. He hasn't been born.

So its #GEJTill2019

22 Likes

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Niwdog(m): 7:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Yea, collect rice and möney frm both parties and still go ahead and vote for your choice. Kai some i.diot beat me to the title. Meanwhile i am plus one today

5 Likes

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by justi4jesu(f): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2014
Thats the koko... grin grin
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Janeify(f): 7:43am On Dec 20, 2014
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Janeify(f): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2014
The cleric made sense but let your yes be yes and your no...no
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by donmalcolm21(m): 7:49am On Dec 20, 2014
Amaechi pleases I need. Cap rice this season because I know you are chief ome ego

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2014
Hmm. I'm not voting sha.

I don't find either Buhari or GEJ worthy to rule us once again.

They have deceived and failed us before. I don't see why Nigerians failed to see it. Smh

5 Likes

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Rilwayne001: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2014
Wittylens:
Of course Na..
If APC like they should give me one pot of rice..
I go chop am ,Use Orijin Wash am down , Clean Mouth And Vote For GEJ... grin
Yes , Nigeria Needs Change ! But NO , APC / Buhari Cannot Change Nigeria. it will still be the same old shit!
The person that will change Nigeria is not in our generation. He hasn't been born.
So its #GEJTill2019

You admit that Nigeria needs change and jonaTAN can never change Nigeria..you even said the person that will change Nigeria is yet to be born.

Are you alright?

19 Likes

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Rilwayne001: 8:00am On Dec 20, 2014
FrancisTony:
Hmm. I'm not voting sha. I don't find either Buhari or GEJ worthy to rule us once again. They have deceived and failed us before. I don't see why Nigerians failed to see it. Smh

Your vote is your power and your decision for a new Nigeria, either you vote or not one of them will surely win which will in turn make either good impact or the other side on you and other Nigerians as a whole.

So i urge you my brother, cast your vote wisely.

#Change is inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 20, 2014
And surely you will push this poo to frontpage..
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 20, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Your vote is your power and your decision for a new Nigeria, either you vote or not one of them will surely win which will in turn make either good impact or the other side on you and other Nigerians as a whole.

So i urge you my brother, cast your vote wisely.

#Change is inevitable.
Change is inevitable? Dafuq? Who's a change between GEJ and GMB?. The answer is "NONE".

They are birds of a feather. They have both ruled and dissapointed us.

If APC was truly for change, they'd have produced another candidate who hasn't ruled before not GMB.

6 Likes

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 20, 2014
You are propagating deceit and no gospel of Christ, when you advocate that people should collect from politicians and do otherwise.

What's wrong with one taking a stand without a hidden agenda? I will rather take a stand than take and not vote.

I won't be a thief too!
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by SeverusSnape(m): 8:11am On Dec 20, 2014
The woman is beautiful, check out those eyes.

to topic: That's what I also tell people, collect their money and gifts; vote your choice candidate, besides, they won't follow you to the polls, They've been giving us empty promises, you also give them false promises.

1 Like

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Rilwayne001: 8:24am On Dec 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

Change is inevitable? Dafuq? Who's a change between GEJ and GMB?. The answer is "NONE".

They are birds of a feather. They have both ruled and dissapointed us.

One is corrupt while the other is not, can we still call them birds of the same feather?

Come on, we all know the major problem we are facing in this country is corruption...Reducing corruption will surely pave way for new development.

We all know that one of this two candidates is strict to corruption, atleast if we start tackling it from now on, by 2020 Nigeria will see her utmost development.

If APC was truly for change, they'd have produced another candidate who hasn't ruled before not GMB .

They produced the only person that has a proven record of allergicity (**I don't knw if im correct, my english is somehow bad**) to corruption, lets start fighting it now and see its outcome in 4years. A journey of a thousand mile they say starts with a step.

Read about how reuben abati out of hatred campaigned for him thinking he has tarnished his image: https://www.nairaland.com/2050260/reuben-abati-releases-wikileaks-secret#28984706

Once again my friend Vote wisely smiley

3 Likes

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Brimmie(m): 8:30am On Dec 20, 2014
grin grin
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Wittylens(m): 8:32am On Dec 20, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You admit that Nigeria needs change and jonaTAN can never change Nigeria..you even said the person that will change Nigeria is yet to be born.

Are you alright?

Please can you show me the part where I said Jonathan can never change Nigeria?
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by lalasticlala(m): 8:35am On Dec 20, 2014
sunnyshayne:
You are propagating deceit and no gospel of Christ, when you advocate that people should collect from politicians and do otherwise.

What's wrong with one taking a stand without a hidden agenda? I will rather take a stand than take and not vote.

I won't be a thief too!

nice one
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Once again my friend Vote wisely smiley
I'm not voting. grin

My vote won't make any difference. cheesy
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Rilwayne001: 8:40am On Dec 20, 2014
Wittylens:

Please can you show me the part where I said Jonathan can never change Nigeria?

Wittylens:

[size=13pt] Yes , Nigeria Needs Change ! [/size] But NO , APC / Buhari Cannot Change Nigeria. [size=13pt] it will still be the same old shit! [/size]

[size=13pt] The person that will change Nigeria is not in our generation. He hasn't been born. [/size]
So its #GEJTill2019

Can you now see that you clearly admits that GEJ is a failure
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Rilwayne001: 8:53am On Dec 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

I'm not voting. grin

I can't force you to vote my good friend chief monseur francis, we can' only take a horse to the stream, we can't force him to drink water (even though its for his own good) and if he didnt drink it for we are going on a long journey, he should be prepared for an unending thirst when he woudnt have anyone to blame.

My vote won't make any difference. cheesy

We call this^^ Cenophobia or Centophobia grin

1 Like

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by Trailblazer1(m): 9:09am On Dec 20, 2014
As you're collecting their rice and money, don't forget that one day you will pay.
After the election failure, they will surely look for where and whom to vent their anger on.

Its better you don't collect for conscience sake.

#dont take
#dont give.

No influence
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by PerfumeRepublik: 9:28am On Dec 20, 2014
Firefire:
Almost all these people talking about CHANGE were once in the PDP, almost all of them; so for me, it is no longer a party thing. My prayer is that the right candidates who will do the will of God should emerge.

ONE MAN

ONE WOMAN

ONE YOUTH

ONE VOTE!
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by ShakurM(m): 12:58pm On Dec 20, 2014
Bit of Hypocrisy? But who's to blame..a country where 70% lives below 2 dollar per day! Make una collect rice ooo
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by lanxlot(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
vote ke what if dem shoot My leg dat day? me stand under sun de vote 1 idi0t wen no care weda I de exist. I go collect My rice n Small of My money wen dem go agree refund den sit down 4 howx On d day of election.

2 Likes

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by zuma4k(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
I think he's right...
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by ipleddge: 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
She sounds Jonathanian...what I read

1 Like

Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by lekhane(m): 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
Even though its wrong but let's just see it as our share of the national cake so if they bring I'll collect and still vote for the right person abi dey go hold my hand ni?
Re: Take Money/Rice From Politicians But Vote According To Your Conscience- Clergy by lanxlot(m): 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
Trailblazer1:
As you're collecting THEIR rice and money, don't forget that one day you will pay.
After the election failure, they will surely look for where and whom to vent their anger on.

Its better you don't collect for conscience sake.

#dont take
#dont give.

No influence
Bros, dat "their" u wrote, u got all wrong......it is My rice and My money......nd My conscience wud'nt judge me for collecting what belongs to me.

I will collect My rice n money if possible + I no go vote.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubabakar Is The Biggest Fool Of All Time / 3rd Niger Bridge Is Possible 2025 If Pdp Is Returned To Power In 2023. / Gani's Chambers To Shut Down Jan 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.