Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? (1058 Views)

It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan / Nigeria Will Rather Break For Buhari To Be President- FG / Would You Vote For Atiku In 2015¿ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by elfaez(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2014
People have reasons for doing things. Personal interest, religious dispositions, the effect of others, the allure of the choice, and even risk (when you're between the devil and the deep blue sea, and you choose the sea because it may be more merciful, forgetting the devil can swim too.)

So, some people have made up their minds that come 2015,they'll be voting for Buhari. For several reasons, or none other than that he is not Jonathan, or that he is Muslim, or that he is not gay (are we sure about this?),or that he has a beard. All these are personal factors, and have no virtue in the art of ruling Nigeria. They do have the power of influencing personal choices of the electorate, and the electorate vote, I guess. But what are the political and functional reasons you would choose him over Prez Jona?
He is no stranger to the position, he's ruled us before. Whether that tenure can be considered a success I do not know.
So, why do you want to vote for Buhari?
State them and let's all reason together.
His party? His running mate? (vice presidents are really figureheads, keep that in mind)
Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by fiverrwin(f): 8:36am On Dec 20, 2014
Promise. And fail. Test new guy

6 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 20, 2014
why do you want to know?

#mindurbusiness
Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by elfaez(m): 8:57am On Dec 20, 2014
fiverrwin:
Promise. And fail. Test new guy
Good point. Works for all previous presidents and heads of states too. And who says not the next?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by Safari29: 9:04am On Dec 20, 2014
wai = war against indiscipline

securities

employment

247 power supply no more up NEPA

low standard of living/ improvement in standard of living

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by elfaez(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Safari29:
wai = war against indiscipline

securities

employment

247 power supply no more up NEPA

low standard of living/ improvement in standard of living

Nice prospects. If Buhari is promising this, it reminds me of two things. 1, all previous presidents and governors have made the same promises, and 2,promise and fail.
Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by Safari29: 9:53am On Dec 20, 2014
elfaez:

Nice prospects. If Buhari is promising this, it reminds me of two things. 1, all previous presidents and governors have made the same promises, and 2,promise and fail.
at least it's better than this present admin that has failed already. till we get it right we gon keep trying koni. If buhari fumble we fvck him up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 20, 2014
Teejizzle:
why do you want to know?

#mindurbusiness
he asked a very good question. Why are you trying to shut him Down? And NO! He cannot mind his business. He is a citizen of Nigeria. He ought to know why he(buhari) wants the position of the president. Or don't you think so? Hausa dirty mentality mtcheeeeeeew smh.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by Day169: 11:38am On Dec 20, 2014
..because he simply represents our Country's best hope for redemption presently.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by egift(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2014
Stop Corruption.
Security of Lives and Properties.
Better management of National resources.
Punish corrupt practices.
Decentralize Federal Power.
Initiate massive development.
Sound Economic policies
Empower Nigerians
Employment opportunities.
Leadership you can trust.

And many more.

Say No To Corruption. It is pulling us down - Vote Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by elfaez(m): 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
egift:
Stop Corruption.
Security of Lives and Properties.
Better management of National resources.
Punish corrupt practices.
Decentralize Federal Power.
Initiate massive development.
Sound Economic policies
Empower Nigerians
Employment opportunities.
Leadership you can trust.
And many more.
Say No To Corruption. It is pulling us down - Vote Buhari.

But then, if Buhari promises these, give me one good reason to actually believe he doesn't cross his fingers when he says it.
He has ruled us before and if his tenure cannot be remembered for honesty, transparency, and zero corruption, why should we expect them now? And in what position are Buhari lovers and the APC to tell us about not being corrupt?
Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by elfaez(m): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
The PDP and Prez Jona are very corrupt and and Jona has been criticised for being incompetent. But even though I don't think too positively of bros Jona, I want to know why I should think any better of Buhari. OBJ was competent ( I guess), but many Nigerians including me do not think he was a great president.
Questions abound.
How will Buhari rid us of Boko Haram?
What exactly will he do to alleviate poverty and reduce unemployment?
What will he do to make us more secure?
Our standard of living, how will he raise it?
How will he strengthen the naira?

Lastly and most importantly, WILL HE DO ALL THIS? history and the current state of Nigerian politics tell us NO. And no come tell me say APC is different. Aregbesola called his government 'unusual', little good it is doing us in osun state now.
Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by elfaez(m): 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
Day169:
..because he simply represents our Country's best hope for redemption presently.
Redemption from what? And into what? From frying pan to boiling water abi?
Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by Adminisher: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
Security, defence, anti corruption, rule of law, protection of the middle class, reduction of government wastage, education and health.
Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by OtunbaJega: 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
elfaez:
The PDP and Prez Jona are very corrupt and and Jona has been criticised for being incompetent. But even though I don't think too positively of bros Jona, I want to know why I should think any better of Buhari. OBJ was competent ( I guess), but many Nigerians including me do not think he was a great president.
Questions abound.
How will Buhari rid us of Boko Haram?
What exactly will he do to alleviate poverty and reduce unemployment?
What will he do to make us more secure?
Our standard of living, how will he raise it?
How will he strengthen the naira?

Lastly and most importantly, WILL HE DO ALL THIS? history and the current state of Nigerian politics tell us NO. And no come tell me say APC is different. Aregbesola called his government 'unusual', little good it is doing us in osun state now.

U started well but now asking silly questions like a typical TANoid

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by maclatunji: 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
He has no shoes?
Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by Canme4u(m): 4:52pm On Dec 20, 2014
OtunbaJega:

U started well but now asking silly questions like a typical TANoid

You beat me to it. I was about saying the same thing.

The Op is Jonadraft appologist.

Sai Buhari-I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
Becos everything he acquired in life his through loan grin. C.E.O of loan applicant. #GEJ# till buhari pay all his loan

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Vote For Buhari? by AmucheJane(f): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
GEJ till 2019. Haters should go and die. All this old men that won't go and rest. Why did buhari not appoint someone else? Must he be the one? Can't imagine voting for GMB. GEJ must complete his tenure, if this country wants to scatter it should. Old fool that won't go and rest, nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Letter Late Dora Wrote To Buhari When She Returned $12000 PTF Money In 1999 / Gloom Everywhere! It's Time To Act, Nigerians!! / Slain Boko Haram Leader, Mohammed Yusuf, Asari Dokubo & Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.