Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Hollywood Christmas. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hollywood Christmas. (424 Views)

Were Can I Download Free Hollywood Christian Movies? / This Is One Of The SADDEST Stories Ever Told In Hollywood. Read & Be Inspired / 10 Hollywood Actors You Didn’t Know Were Born Again Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hollywood Christmas. by 1one: 11:08am On Dec 20, 2014
Social media by all accounts has eaten deep into our individual and collective system of communication, keeping up with friends, relatives, business partners and colleagues has become a seamless exercise, with the tap of a button you can express ideas, opinions and emotions with people from all over the world, almost concurrently.

Many of us per time, are on Facebook , BBM , and whatsapp chatting away and having fun and perhaps the need to keep the conversations fluid and less static across these platforms has fed the lavish use of abbreviations , with each passing day we wake up to the lingua delight of newly formed shorthands, slangs and/or abbreviations and without giving it any thought, we take it in and it becomes a part of our chatting lexicon.

We are Five days away from celebrating a moment in time and history that I personally feel is the best thing that has happened to the human race- December 25th ....and so as we lay on our beds, driving in our cars, waiting for our flights, walking down the road, sending good will messages about the season... Let us give this season and the meaning and importance it reflects a little social media lingua courtesy -

"X" did not die for you... "X" did not shed his blood for you, it is not by "X's" stripes that you are healed, "X" does not give you access to grace and the throne of your maker...The person, power and meaning of the season is CHRIST... CHRIST died for you, It is by the blood of Christ your sins and mine are forgiven... The season is CHRISTMAS!!! , not Xmas... My Lord and Savior, Your Lord and Savior does not belong to the cast of the popular Hollywood movie/series - Xmen-

He is the CHRIST.
He is the SAVIOR
He is LORD
He is the only reason for the season, the season of CHRISTMAS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hollywood Christmas. by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 20, 2014
I almost got used to using the 'X' abbreviation but thank God I saw how deforming it was and quickly snapped out of it.
Re: Hollywood Christmas. by 1one: 11:33am On Dec 20, 2014
Elantracey:
I almost got used to using the 'X' abbreviation but thank God I saw how deforming it was and quickly snapped out of it.

Yeah... That's true... it's very easy to just slip into it and pass it off as an ordinary term "xmas" but it's not. Many children don't even know what the word is originally, because they've been too familiar with its adulterated form.

(1) (Reply)

Attention Mr Seun!! / Spiritual Advises Urgently Needed / What Is So Great About Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.