Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Pope Francis Stepped Down Shocking News - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pope Francis Stepped Down Shocking News (764 Views)

Pope Francis Stepping Down, Says ‘there Is No God’ / Shocking News: Why Nelson Mandela Never Forgave Ex-wife, Winnie / Breaking Report: He Stepped Down From His Range Rover Sport And Started Madness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Stepped Down Shocking News by Donperfecter(m): 11:24am On Dec 21, 2014
Pope Francis shocked the Catholic world today announcing that he plans on stepping down from his position. Papal Resignation is extremely rare, and this will only be the 7th time in the history of the church. Pope Francis made his announcement from his balcony in Vatican City to thousand of shocked spectators.
“I have come to the conclusion there is no God,” said Pope Francis, a man who has become known for his unorthodox views on the Catholic church. “I have dedicated my life to the church. Clearly, so many wasted years of unanswered prayers. I can no longer in good faith head the church anymore, as whatever spirit that had filled my heart is gone.”
A shocked crowd of onlookers became extremely quiet as the Pontiff continued, many of whom openly wept.
“I will stay on long enough for another Pope to be chosen, of course. I know many of you will be upset, but please be happy for me and my new life. I plan on spending my remaining years traveling, maybe finding a good woman and settling down. Hell, maybe even a good man. Who knows? It’s a new day, and I solemnly believe that everyone should choose to live their life the way they want. I wish you all the best and don’t let my decision stop you from believing in an imaginary God, if that’s what you want to do.”
”Pope Francis’ decision comes as no surprise to Vatican insiders, his hard-line stance on altar boy molestation, his generosity to the poor, and his blessing of gay marriage have made unpopular among priests of the church,” says Vatican reporter Francesco Rinaldi. “Some say the Pope was being blackmailed to step down by Church officials. Whatever the reason, most look forward to his departure so the Church can get back to business as usual – hating gays and bashing sinners.”
Comments
Re: Pope Francis Stepped Down Shocking News by Princecalm(m): 11:34am On Dec 21, 2014
Where is the source.
Re: Pope Francis Stepped Down Shocking News by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 21, 2014
I wil comment after u giv ur source
Re: Pope Francis Stepped Down Shocking News by DesChyko: 11:48am On Dec 21, 2014
Let me research on the source of this information..

Empire News on 29th of November, 2014.
See Page here

Verifying News..
I visited the Facebook page of the writer of that article. The first post I see is the author apologizing for giving 'WRONG' information about 'Jay Z'.

Is this source reliable at all??

Still Verifying..

The Pope, when commenting on Rome to host Olympic 2024 said
"Best wishes also for Rome's bid to host the 2024 Olympic Games!" then added "I won't be around."

This has nothing to reinforce the claims of this author anyway.
Other than this news, no other page, Catholic or otherwise, reflects this newsbit or reaction to it.

I choose not to believe this.
Relations in the Catholic church are peaceful
Even the Pope's Reflection for the month of December to the faithful refers to 'God speaking to you'

This is some 'blog-promotion' strategy.
Re: Pope Francis Stepped Down Shocking News by Donperfecter(m): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
Empirenews.net>Home>Headline get more view there

(1) (Reply)

Biafran War: Anambra State Government gives Final Burial To Fallen Heroes / Fastest Way Mini Importation Business Is Growing & Many Are Earning 300k Monthly / Pic.when Mr President Says "Am For Everybody And Am For No Body"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.