Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:35 PM

: No Delivery, No Refund! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / : No Delivery, No Refund! (1046 Views)

A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! / FCMB Debited Me 4,001,700 In One Week And No Refund / Shop The Usa With Shopper.com.ng; No More Service Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

: No Delivery, No Refund! by XERXES48: 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
I ordered for an item (308558832) on on 23-NOV-14. The payment was confirmed and the item was being processed. The delivery time line was 3-8 days. To my utter amazement, 2.5 weeks later the item was 'still processing' (what?!) . The intent for which I purchased had to be realised elsewhere and I canceled my order with Jumia on 11-DEC-14. I opted for a refund of my money into my account, details of which I had provided. Till this moment, the good people at has not deemed it fit to effect my refund! This is not the type of service I expected from 'the biggest online shopping mall in Africa' (according to their Android app anyways). Caveat emptor! (Let the buyer beware!) .
Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by olexjay(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
I don't really like chopping online, I call it invisible trade.

1 Like

Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by XERXES48: 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
Invisible trade leleyi o, my money is currently invisible. Given the hype surrounding this Jumia people, no one would have thought they'd be this ineffective.
Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by Ymodulus: 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
Jumia is OverHyped. Konga is the deal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by 40dogzz(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
Is Nigeria ready 4 ecommernce? I have dought.
Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by XERXES48: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
Omo the whole Jumia/Konga scenario is another chapter on its own! I really don't care what the brand name is, just deliver the service purchased, shikenah. And I really don't see why Nigeria would not be ready for e-commerce, but there must be good regulatory apparatus (e.g Servicom for Civil Service) to ensure best practices amongst operators.
Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by tammyboy1(m): 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nigga next time click on the *pay on delivery* icon
Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by XERXES48: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
That's only for folks resident in Lagos
Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by abhosts(m): 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
I presently have the same issue with Konga. Paid for an order within Lagos, 4 weeks ago, but have not seen item till now. I even asked them to refund me but no refund has been processed.

I am really disappointed because I thought Konga could be trusted.

I have now learned that it is either Pay on Delivery or Nothing for Nigeria Online Shops. The moment they get hold of your money, to them the deal is closed.
Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by XERXES48: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
I'm telling u man. Once they have ur money, that's all! If I was in Lagos I would never have paid before delivery because I had a morbid distrust for online stores before hand. This was just a test to reject or accept my null hypothesis (online stores in Nigeria are not to be trusted). Never again obviously, in Lagos or nah will I toy with my cash with these folks.
Re: : No Delivery, No Refund! by osile2012: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Well, that is why i advice Nigerians to form the habit of rating brands. It will help Nigerians make better choices. Simply click the link on my signature, Click on rate Brands, Find the brand u are use to, click on the logo to rate.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

We Need Partner(s) In Our New Cassava Processing / Garri Production Plant / Just Been Matched By MMM / I Need A Business Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.