Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. (5271 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Ministerial List: Why Buhari Holds On To 15 Other Nominees / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Issues about Buhari's economic policies of 1984 has been handled in another thread where datolee exposed the lies, inadequacies and untruths about that. Why not ask barcanista his experience in that thread. So I wouldn't go back to argue on that.
Wow, who said those indices are traceable to buhari? did he invent those ideas? was he the one that told GEJ to implement those ideas If his economic blueprint as you said has been exhausted by GEj team, it then means he has NOTHING again to offer?? His grandsons need him more...Since, you brought chronological age into this, Which developed or progressive country in the world today has a leader above 60/65
yep his grandsons need him to step up and secure their future instead of hiding behind age or his grandsons.thats how you know a man and not a coward. He's standing up for what he believes in, anti corruption,no matter what you throw at him,same as you are standing for corruption no matter how much suffer you suffer under this clueless government/party
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
umm lets see...security,prosperity,integrity?

Gmb will bring integrity which will shore up prosperity which will even out security cos truth be told even the ordinary cassava bread i never see

Which is focus of this thread...In his personal deals; I won't question his integrity. But he who goes to equity must go with clean hands...How much integrity is remaining in you if you allow governors to use other state's fund for your personal ambition? Will he have the moral right to jail those who stole to foot his bills?
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Seriously I wanted to ignore you because of your usage of the word; "your president". Are you not Nigerian?? I am Nigerian and I am proud he is my president. But since, I am interested in your soul, let me honour you with a little answer.
The thread is about Buhari, who you guys is repackaging as incorruptible and that he has a magic wand to solve all Nigerian problems though you and him all refuse to tell us what this magic wand is
At least to substantiate that GEJ is doing something about eliminating corruption... Why not take a trip to see local farmers and ask them about e-wallet and fertilizer distribution system. I believe you were aware of the extent of scam and rot in this sector before now
GEJ is being realistic and taking it one at a time...I don't believe in putting all fingers in the mouth at once...take it sector by sector and get it right once...that's why we need CONTINUITY!!!
the general's wand is integrity and courage(political will),lack of vanity

i know farmers and no,they did not smell the fertilizer
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, pick up his inaugural speech as military head of state and read too...what do you expect him to say before What did he do after all those sermons as head of state selective justice... selective prosecution...parochial governance... intimidation of press...murder of innocents...Imagine being sentenced to death on a law that NEVER existed by then? If those three youths who Buhari sanctioned their death on something that was not existing were your brothers; will you be here spewing all these Has he apologized to families of those youth corpers who were brutally slain in 2011 or is it not necessary in your thinking?
may innocent drug dealers lace your children with cocaine then come here and lets see if you will still be saying what you're spewing
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
yep his grandsons need him to step up and secure their future instead of hiding behind age or his grandsons.thats how you know a man and not a coward. He's standing up for what he believes in, anti corruption,no matter what you throw at him,same as you are standing for corruption no matter how much suffer you suffer under this clueless government/party

Where you see suffering others even foreigners see opportunities... its your choice...Answer my questions on Buhari's anti corruption crusade based on the facts on the thread or quit grappling with nothing...can he jail jagaban or saraki?
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
may innocent drug dealers lace your children with cocaine then come here and lets see if you will still be saying what you're spewing

Do you know what they call extra-judicial killings Do you know about human right abuses do you know about killing based on laws in retrospect? Have you ever wondered why America and others insist that rights of boko haram boys when caught .mustn't be abused? not minding what they do to innocents?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

I keep saying it that ignorance is tooooooo bad. Where is Buhari's manifesto for his 2015 presidential election? Where is his economic blueprint and magic wand Let him empirically tell us exactly where we are now using verifiable data and where he is taking us to if elected and how GEJ transformation agenda is a micro extract of PDP manifesto. Where is that of Buhari We need to weigh it using standard gauge. By the way, this your utopian APC manifesto is simply unrealistic. I don't have time to xray it here and now. It is full of utopian and unrealistic academic write up. Why has they not achieved those their listed agenda(mission) in the APC states??.?. Or is it only feasible to them at federal level? They wanted devolution of power what was their stand on it at the national confab which they grudgingly attended without any clear cut agenda??
are you deaf blind or dumb? He said his manifestooooo isssss antiiiii corruptioooooon. Read his lipssssss he is coming for allllll you thievessssss. Shoki.

Ah nigerians can like drama and speeches that will not be implemented fa.
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
the general's wand is integrity and courage(political will),lack of vanity

i know farmers and no,they did not smell the fertilizer

I wonder...anyway, move it back to the topic of the thread based on points I raised...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
are you deaf blind or dumb? He said his manifestooooo isssss antiiiii corruptioooooon. Read his lipssssss he is coming for allllll you thievessssss. Shoki.

Ah nigerians can like drama and speeches that will not be implemented fa.

Which anti-corruption? How do you fight corruption that's in your bed already when corrupt and stolen funds are used in your favour will jail jagaban, saraki, amechi etc?? remember he has only one million naira, where will his campaign funds come from?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Wow...are you the only one in "Israel" who doesn't know what is happening GEJ has his "transformation agenda" which has been his template for guided integrated development strategy. It's that same "TRANSFORMATION AGENDA" that is manifesting in the new "industrial revolution master plan"...in the new automotive policy which has seen auto giants scrambling to set up new plants here(have you heard about even our own innoson)... agricultural transformation which saw our food import cost drastically run down from 1trillion to around 634billlion and is still going down...ask flour mills, dangote,etc who are setting up farms what is driving them ....have you seen our transport sector master plan and the accompanying revolution Even international agencies like KPMG acknowledged it yet you and Buhari are yet to wake up to reality.... Do you still want me to continue?? show me buhari's economic blueprint and magic wand....am waiting
guy you de nigeria so. How many cassava bread you don chop,or local rice or how many good road you don use(do you travel extensively) os it leaking airport roofs you are praising as transport masterplan.na wa o, well its not your fault,too much nollywood even if you never comot this country before at leas the infrastructure /economy you see on tv is not film trick na abi why una all de find visa to go born una pikin overs. ? Abi how many westerners do you see looking to settle in any third world country
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Wow...are you the only one in "Israel" who doesn't know what is happening GEJ has his "transformation agenda" which has been his template for guided integrated development strategy. It's that same "TRANSFORMATION AGENDA" that is manifesting in the new "industrial revolution master plan"...in the new automotive policy which has seen auto giants scrambling to set up new plants here(have you heard about even our own innoson)... agricultural transformation which saw our food import cost drastically run down from 1trillion to around 634billlion and is still going down...ask flour mills, dangote,etc who are setting up farms what is driving them ....have you seen our transport sector master plan and the accompanying revolution Even international agencies like KPMG acknowledged it yet you and Buhari are yet to wake up to reality.... Do you still want me to continue?? show me buhari's economic blueprint and magic wand....am waiting
guy you de nigeria so. How many cassava bread you don chop,or local rice or how many good road you don use(do you travel extensively) os it leaking airport roofs you are praising as transport masterplan.na wa o, well its not your fault,too much nollywood even if you never comot this country before at leas the infrastructure /economy you see on tv is not film trick na abi why una all de find visa to go born una pikin overs. ? Abi how many westerners do you see looking to settle in any third world country,this one wen light no de and one mumu de promise us for 6yrs(anyway i no blame am,na we be d maga wen vote am)
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
if you wan catch monkey...what do you do?

Selective persecution is waaaayyy better than no persecution at all,i'll take it anyday,when its pdp's turn,if they like they should not selectively persecute(show of incompetence)

You are a blind party boy...I am not a politician but a keen observer in the polity and a supporter of individual candidates who do well irrespective of party affiliation... You mean you support selective Justice? may you experience one by his grace...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
guy you de nigeria so. How many cassava bread you don chop,or local rice or how many good road you don use(do you travel extensively) os it leaking airport roofs you are praising as transport masterplan.na wa o, well its not your fault,too much nollywood even if you never comot this country before at leas the infrastructure /economy you see on tv is not film trick na abi why una all de find visa to go born una pikin overs. ? Abi how many westerners do you see looking to settle in any third world country

Boy, you are timid...take me back to the topic of this thread...
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
guy you de nigeria so. How many cassava bread you don chop,or local rice or how many good road you don use(do you travel extensively) os it leaking airport roofs you are praising as transport masterplan.na wa o, well its not your fault,too much nollywood even if you never comot this country before at leas the infrastructure /economy you see on tv is not film trick na abi why una all de find visa to go born una pikin overs. ? Abi how many westerners do you see looking to settle in any third world country,this one wen light no de and one mumu de promise us for 6yrs(anyway i no blame am,na we be d maga wen vote am)

Boy, stop being timid...based on what you quoted, there is a question there...I need an answer to it...what is buhari's economic blueprint for Nigeria? How does be intend to fight corruption especially given that he has already surrounded himself with people who use their state resource for personal gain.? I need answers plzzzz

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
where has logic ever beat sentiment in a political contest. Man is not rational,never was,never will be,at least not in mob mode

What are you saying where are you from? who is your teacher? Certainly, you are doomed with this line of reasoning....

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
mikolo80:
what more do you want as evidence,ppl were jailed/house arrested /whipped/firing squadded so we know for a fact it will not be business as usual.

How many months before oduah was removed or for chibok girls to be acknowleged,diezani still reigns supreme and pej still an embarrassment to an entire race

Boy stop quoting me...get a brain and seek out your life because as it is, you seem more confused and lack focus....just typing and reasoning from behind because you have access to internet with little data...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Adminisher:

You people are very annoying. New Ideas. What new ideas has Jonathan espoused?. You people are making him sound like some intellectual even when the guy is modest enough to have admitted that he lacks this very quality.
Buhari and Idiagbon did some very innovative things to the Nigerian economy at a time we were almost wrecked by international conspiracies.

You are being very ignorant when you say Buhari is promising 1984 solutions. Please read the 2015 budget document. Nigeria has come full circle to 1984 - Import substitution, exchange control, banning of imports, reduction in govt expenditure, taxation of luxury goods that is what the PDP gov t has come back to. Please read wide and pray for understanding. The people who are running America are not the Obama's, Obama is a symbol of power. The true power holders are in Federal Reserve Bank, top investment banks and top socio economic research institutes and the average age is 70. It is very dangerous to say the old and genuine is worse to the young and fake.

Is this buharis manifesto?
U ended up not answering the question he asked u rather u went off point which is exactly what u lots do.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
gists
It was simply a section by section statement of myopic, sentimental, indiscreet and propaganda based words...So no need honouring such with my time and energy.
As a leader, to answer your question... you consider the bigger picture of security, economic and general implications of your decisions and actions.
Mind you; I choose my words. I don't like you base on sentiments hence I never said buhari sponsors boko haram because I have no evidence to substantiate that claim...but his numerous statements shows that he is 100% sympathetic to them and he believes Nigeria should be islamized...remember boko haram acknowledged this fact by appointing him as their mediator with FG...
In all, GEJ can't arrest him for simply showing sympathy to boko haram because its not a crime constitutionally.
More so, GEJ in his mien allows opposition to get away with some treasonable statements(remember, amechi's talk of parallel government)... Same is applicable in his allowing buhari get away with some irresponsible and parochial statements...
Anyway, I am still waiting for you based on the topic of this thread to tell me where buhari will derive the moral right to fight corruption?? since he is already soaked and surrounded by corruption?
Where is his manifesto?? Or is his manifesto "insulting GEJ" without basis...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by gists: 7:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:
gists
It was simply a section by section statement of myopic, sentimental, indiscreet and propaganda based words...So no need honouring such with my time and energy.
As a leader, to answer your question... you consider the bigger picture of security, economic and general implications of your decisions and actions.
Mind you; I choose my words. I don't like you base on sentiments hence I never said buhari sponsors boko haram because I have no evidence to substantiate that claim...but his numerous statements shows that he is 100% sympathetic to them and he believes Nigeria should be islamized...remember boko haram acknowledged this fact by appointing him as their mediator with FG...
In all, GEJ can't arrest him for simply showing sympathy to boko haram because its not a crime constitutionally.
More so, GEJ in his mien allows opposition to get away with some treasonable statements(remember, amechi's talk of parallel government)... Same is applicable in his allowing buhari get away with some irresponsible and parochial statements...
Anyway, I am still waiting for you based on the topic of this thread to tell me where buhari will derive the moral right to fight corruption?? since he is already soaked and surrounded by corruption?
Where is his manifesto?? Or is his manifesto "insulting GEJ" without basis...

For APC manifesto, do a simple google search on nairaland. Its been posted on a number of threads on NL. As to how Buhari will fight corruption, that is the simplest thing to do on this planet. First, he simply need to lead by example and not stand in the way of justice like gej was/is doing. FFK has some case with efcc. He know he will be off the hook if he joins the gej team and that is exactly what he did. Today ffk is off the hook and he is antagonising the opposition. Corruption cannot be stopped by one administration. I for one NEVER asked gej to stop corruption because like I said many times in the past, gej didn't start it. What I and many Nigerians accuse him of is his getting in the way of justice and shielding corrupt people from prosecution. Why on earth will a president call stealing "common". NNPC $20b is a classic example where the whistle blower got sacked and those that could not account for money are still in office. But to you I guess I am being myopic and sentimental.

Now on the issue of Bigger picture vis-a-vis GMB's arrest. Here you go again accuming me of being sentimental when I only presented the facts as-is. And please spare us the hypocracy of "you consider the bigger picture of security, economic and general implications of your decisions and actions."

why was the bigger picture foreign investment and economic implications not considered when he sacked SLS for blowing the whistle (even if he was wrong) over the unaccounted $20b. Instead he sacked the CBN governor sighting laughable accusation of financial recklessness (not corruption or embezellment) while those that cannot and have not accounted for the other $10b are still in office. Today price of crude oil have dropped substantially and within three months we are already feeling the heat.

Why was the bigger picture of security not considered when pdp used underaged voters in 2011 and failed to provide security? Don't tell me it CPC that was formed barely 4months to the election, without any state government backing that pulled that staunt off. BTW check the picture below before you accuse cpc of using under age voters.

In the end, innocent lives were lost because the government was not responsible enough to provide security for it people. YOu later turn arround and blame it on GMB.

BTW it looks like you have not been following that case that is why you still believe GMB was behind the loss of lifes after the election.

Abati that started this propaganda has been sued to court by Gen. Buhari in a N1b lawsuit. Luckily for him, GEJ came to his rescue with an apology to GMB and persuaded GMB to settled out of court. Abati not only retracted the publication but also published an apology stating this propaganda you are so busy spreading is completely false. Read and be informed - except of course you are just being mischievous as usual

Presidency begs Buhari to settle slander case out of court
http://dailypost.ng/2013/01/13/presidency-begs-buhari-to-settle-slander-case-out-of-court/

The presidency has begged former Head of States and national leader of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) to settle out of court the libel suit he filed against the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati.

It would be recalled that Abati had on page 51 of the April 22, 2011, edition of The Guardian newspaper, written an article entitled “For the attention of General Buhari,” where he claimed that Buhari made an unguarded statement which stirred the post-election violence that almost tore the nation apart.

The former Military General however, regarded the publication as libellous, aimed at denting his hard earned name and image.

Buhari consequently dragged Abati and The Guardian Newspapers to court via suit no. ID/837/2011, demanding N1billion damages from them.

However, in a copy of the Terms of Settlement filed before a Lagos High Court in Ikeja, the ‘warring’ parties have agreed to settle the matter out of court.

According to the terms of settlement, dated December 2012 and filed before the administrative judge of Lagos State, Justice Opeyemi Oke, the claimant (Buhari), Mr. Tope Adebayo ( lawyer to Buhari), Abati and Mr. Kunle Sanyaolu (lawyer to The Guardian) signed the terms of settlement. But the lawyer to the first defendant (Abati), Dame Carol Ajie, refused to sign the document. The refusal may not be unconnected to the conditions and terms of the agreement.

It was gathered that the parties further agreed that Abati and The Guardian should retract and apologise to Buhari in certain form and contents.

The terms of settlement reads in part: “The claimant (Buhari) and defendants (Abati and The Guardian) have agreed that the defendants should publish a retraction and an apology to the claimant on the Opinion Page of the newspaper, to be printed in reverse line black (RLB) within seven days of entering the Consent Terms as the judgment of the court in two editions of The Guardian.

“The claimant and defendants have agreed and resolved that the retraction and apology shall take the following form and contents: ‘Re: For the attention of General Buhari’- On April 22, 2011, The Guardian Newspaper published an article on Page 51 titled ‘For the attention of General Buhari’ where certain allegations were made against General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), GCFR, concerning the 2011 election and General Buhari’s alleged role in the violence emanating from the elections.

“The publication was based on information which we believed to be reliable at that time. Since the publication, however, we now have reason to believe that certain parts of the story were not verified to be correct before the publication.

“We assure General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), GCFR, of our highest esteem and regret any distress or embarrassment which the said publication may have caused him.

“The claimant and defendants agree that on the execution of these Terms of Settlement, the defendants are discharged from all or any liabilities or obligations arising from the said publication.”

REVEALED: How Reuben Abati And Guardian Retracted Claim That Buhari Was Behind Terror In Nigeria
http://newsrescue.com/rueben-abati-retracts-libelous-invention-linking-buhari-terror-compensates-general-damages/

Rueben Abati Retracts Libelous Invention Linking Buhari With Terror; Compensates General For Damages

Presidential spokesman Rueben Abati settled the case Buhari filed against him and “The Guardian newspaper” out of court
Rueben Abati published a retraction of his libelous claim which accused the ex-president of instigating terror.

I guess with all these, I am still being myopic and sentiments again - right?

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
gists
Now, first, what I need is Buhari's manifesto not APC manifesto...What's his template?? what and what has he mapped out and how he intends to achieve them.
Believe me, any serious candidate would have drawn up a guide long time ago(remember, he's being in the race for long)....Where is that of buhari Where he did an analysis of our current status and how to take it forward??

Mind you my bro, I am no politician. I am just a concerned citizen who believes in honesty and hard work...thank God so far for his grace to me...

APC(ACN,CPC,ANPP)/PDP are all guilty of rigging and underage voting and registration...it simply boils down to a question of who outsmarts the other in any contest...

In the case of Sanusi, blowing whistle for me is childish...He was part of the government... what stops him from verifying his claims before going public why would he discover some misgivings without giving his principal a benefit of doubt licked the letter to the press? Imagine, your wife has a damaging information about you instead of first coming to discuss with you....she licks the information to outsiders thereby embarrassing you(husband) before now coming back to discuss with you....How would you feel...sacking him to me was necessary... why If you have worked in any reputable organization... on assumption, you sign an oath of secrecy not to disclose official secret to outsiders and to follow official line of resolving conflicts....is sanusi suppose to embarrass his boss like that even when he wasn't sure of the actual figure....?

What do we Nigerians really want When security was provided in ekiti and osun, we screamed militarization... what do we want bro, atimes I pity these leaders seriously... The truth is that the post election violence was done by buhari fanatics....

I listened to that presidential media chat and also, heard his analogy and how he arrived at that "stealing is not corruption" dictum...which most of us today quote OUT OF CONTEST... Did you hear when auditor general said NNPC account is too complex(not normal day today cashbook and balance sheet account) for his staff to understand and analyse... Are you aware when they(FG & Senate) invited an international agency to undertake the audit
Are you aware when the minister said few weeks ago that the audit firm will be rounding off their assignment soonest? So what again do you want GEJ to do? To sack all NNPC staff when he is yet to even know exactly what is missing and how it is missing? Even you wrote $20 & $10 billion hence acknowledging same confusion??

Anyway, this thread isn't about GEJ....so why not take me back to our topic? how will buhari fight the likes of jagaban, bukola saraki, amechi, et al who are neck deep into corruption....?? If he sincerely believes in anti-corruption crusade; why would he allow them to use state resources for his personal ambition? remember, he said he has only one million naira....or will it be about selective justice, selective prosecution, selective victimization, selective witch hunting?? how will he do it?? In this jet age...under democracy...with human rights law.....how will he do it? not just shouting "I will stop corruption"...How?..... I will provide electricity.... how?....present a working verifiable template; let's see....

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Truth be told, you have no well founded evidence to support this claim of yours other than sentiments and your emotional attachment to GMB...Yes, because since the advent of this GMB presidential dream, he has NEVER for once declared his plans(constructive, verifiable and empirical) plans on how he hopes to do it better than GEJ...His campaign manifesto so far is based simply on insulting GEJ and stocking the embers of sentiments of his lowly life...Remember, his declaration where he quoted false figures and subsequent PDP redress and challenge to him... So how do you know he has better plans than GEJ Or are you a mind reader?
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by lohresloco: 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
xpac01:

I dream of waking up one morning only to hear that Buhari is been sworn in as the presido of naija.
you'll be dreaming for a long time..... Agbaya

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
gists

Truth be told, you have no well founded evidence to support this claim of yours other
than sentiments and your emotional attachment to GMB...Yes, because since the advent
of this GMB presidential dream, he has NEVER for once declared his plans(constructive,
verifiable and empirical) plans on how he hopes to do it better than GEJ...His campaign
manifesto so far is based simply on insulting GEJ and stocking the embers of sentiments
of his lowly life...Remember, his declaration where he quoted false figures and
subsequent PDP redress and challenge to him... So how do you know he has better
plans than GEJ Or are you a mind reader ?
I need his(buhari) blueprint for Nigeria...
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by gists: 3:43am On Dec 23, 2014
Whynotthetruth:
gists
Now, first, what I need is Buhari's manifesto not APC manifesto...What's his template?? what and what has he mapped out and how he intends to achieve them.
Believe me, any serious candidate would have drawn up a guide long time ago(remember, he's being in the race for long)....Where is that of buhari Where he did an analysis of our current status and how to take it forward??

Mind you my bro, I am no politician. I am just a concerned citizen who believes in honesty and hard work...thank God so far for his grace to me...

APC(ACN,CPC,ANPP)/PDP are all guilty of rigging and underage voting and registration...it simply boils down to a question of who outsmarts the other in any contest...

In the case of Sanusi, blowing whistle for me is childish...He was part of the government... what stops him from verifying his claims before going public why would he discover some misgivings without giving his principal a benefit of doubt licked the letter to the press? Imagine, your wife has a damaging information about you instead of first coming to discuss with you....she licks the information to outsiders thereby embarrassing you(husband) before now coming back to discuss with you....How would you feel...sacking him to me was necessary... why If you have worked in any reputable organization... on assumption, you sign an oath of secrecy not to disclose official secret to outsiders and to follow official line of resolving conflicts....is sanusi suppose to embarrass his boss like that even when he wasn't sure of the actual figure....?

What do we Nigerians really want When security was provided in ekiti and osun, we screamed militarization... what do we want bro, atimes I pity these leaders seriously... The truth is that the post election violence was done by buhari fanatics....

I listened to that presidential media chat and also, heard his analogy and how he arrived at that "stealing is not corruption" dictum...which most of us today quote OUT OF CONTEST... Did you hear when auditor general said NNPC account is too complex(not normal day today cashbook and balance sheet account) for his staff to understand and analyse... Are you aware when they(FG & Senate) invited an international agency to undertake the audit
Are you aware when the minister said few weeks ago that the audit firm will be rounding off their assignment soonest? So what again do you want GEJ to do? To sack all NNPC staff when he is yet to even know exactly what is missing and how it is missing? Even you wrote $20 & $10 billion hence acknowledging same confusion??

I just want you to sincerely ask yourself - which sane country will leave a civil servant in office (or even in private sector) who has been indicted of corrupt practices of such magnitude? You leave him/her in office while investigation is on-going so he/she can tidy up the loose ends and clean the records abi? Very daft.

As for election security. It just shows your hypocrisy again. In how many states have election been held after 2011? Why was it that only elections in APC controlled state in SW militarized? Did election not hold in Anambra, Ondo (non apc controlled) and edo (non SW)? Were all those not considered free? So it is only elections conducted in APC states in SW (a region that had the most reasonable result in 2011 compared to 93%, 95% etc election results in SE) Ekiti and Osun that deserved to be militarized. Chief Oyegun said in the wake of the election in Osun that he (Oyegun) and only APC officials/agents were arrested. There is absolutely nothing wrong in arresting them as long as they are found guilty of anything that could have undermined the election. But till date, there has been nothing they were accused of. All pdp officials were saints on that day I guess. Just continue with your hypocrisy.

BTW mobilising military men during election is different from providing security after the results are out. There was no case of violent during election in 2011. I guess the main aim is to flood everywhere with military men during the election, but when you have achieved your aims, you recall the military guys and the people can do whatever they like to themselves - right?

I am pretty sure no one can convince you of the ineptitude and corruption and the impunity in this gov. So, I just save my energy and focus my efforts towards more productive ventures.

Whynotthetruth:
Anyway, this thread isn't about GEJ....so why not take me back to our topic? how will buhari fight the likes of jagaban, bukola saraki, amechi, et al who are neck deep into corruption....?? If he sincerely believes in anti-corruption crusade; why would he allow them to use state resources for his personal ambition? remember, he said he has only one million naira....or will it be about selective justice, selective prosecution, selective victimization, selective witch hunting?? how will he do it?? In this jet age...under democracy...with human rights law.....how will he do it? not just shouting "I will stop corruption"...How?..... I will provide electricity.... how?....present a working verifiable template; let's see....

As for the campaign manifesto of Buhari. I am not aware he has officially started campaigning. Why not wait for him to start his campaign then ask this question. For me I am not looking for much from buhari, just provide security (because we have been waiting for decades and we can continue to wait for good roads, electricity etc but we cannot afford another day of insecurity) and a sincere/brave reduction of corruption - Period. That will set the stage for real growth for the next administration to build on. There is no any nation can have any kind of meaningful growth when its plagued with these two tragedies.

BTW I don't recollect what gej's manifesto is other than to regurgitate the failed promises of 2011 - the 2nd niger bridge, the anambra port, electricity come to mind - failed to deliver all of this after 6yrs of blaming everything and everybody and even dragged us behind with religious divisional antics.
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Boy stop quoting me...get a brain and seek out your life because as it is, you seem more confused and lack focus....just typing and reasoning from behind because you have access to internet with little data...
in other words you got nothing except the home training your parents evidently failed to pass on to their next generation.and to think you will be responsible for another human being.smh
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

What are you saying where are you from? who is your teacher? Certainly, you are doomed with this line of reasoning....
hmm i see you just enjoying access to net,not that you've ever participated in any election at any level.girl no one ever wins with logic,no one.why its called a social science sister
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 8:03am On Dec 23, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

You are a blind party boy...I am not a politician but a keen observer in the polity and a supporter of individual candidates who do well irrespective of party affiliation... You mean you support selective Justice? may you experience one by his grace...
in other words you dont know jack and you are sitting on the fence wih nothing but criticism,i see,good luck,ranter
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2014
gists
I am getting bored by all these sentimental essays laden with inaccuracies. I only need simple, unambiguous, straightforward and concise answers. Not quoting me and telling me cock and bull empty analogies.
Why're you being selective even in the ones you quote. Why not answer all the questions therein.

Let's go again;

1) What's buhari blueprint?? because he never stated any when he declared (which should have been his mainstay that day and not abusing GEJ). And since then; till now he is yet to show any. Let's be civilised bro. Our campaigns should be issued based not laden with abuses, vulgar languages, and insults. Where's our values? Or are you telling me buhari has none??

2)Given that he has only one million naira, which isn't enough to campaign in a single local government. How will he finance the deficits Because, you know financial institutions can NEVER borrow him money for campaign based on the risks(do your risk analysis) involved. (you can ask any informed banker). So how will he get money for campaign? Who is financing him?

3) Given that he is surrounded by people with negative penchants in financial dealings like jagaban, bukola saraki, amechi et al. Will he have the moral right to prosecute them? Or is he going to prosecute only those in other camps allowing his own crew thieves to continue?

4) Will he allow these governors to finance his campaign with their various state resources? This will imply corruption and stealing already because his personal ambition has nothing to do with state resources?? Will he accept stolen funds

5) What guarantee have we that he not practice selective justice, selective prosecution, selective witch hunting, etc again as he did as head of state??

6)Buhari is a goodman. but like Amechi of rivers state advised GEJ on an AIT tv program;"this is politics not church". Most likely, Buhari will do to Nigeria what Julius Nyerere(another good; honest and forthright African leader) did to Tanzania. Believe me; this will not help us at all.

I need sincere, concise, and unambiguous answers. No long stories plzzzz....thank you
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

in other words you dont know jack and you are sitting on the fence wih nothing but criticism,i see,good luck,ranter.

And yeah i support selective justice,its better than no justice or to be more accurate i prefer it to the one thats going on everyday(police harrassment,armed robbers unchallenged,corrupt civil servants)

its better to solve some problems than none at all

are you saying this is a performing govt(jona) ?just to be clear cos you seem confused,just hurling insults

and yeah i am a victim of the
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 8:10am On Dec 23, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Which anti-corruption? How do you fight corruption that's in your bed already when corrupt and stolen funds are used in your favour will jail jagaban, saraki, amechi etc?? remember he has only one million naira, where will his campaign funds come from?
hahahahahahah you waiting for a saint to fall from heaven to solve political problems hahahahahaha learner hahahahahaha
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 8:12am On Dec 23, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

hahahahahahah you waiting for a saint to fall from heaven to solve political problems hahahahahaha learner hahahahahaha

if they corrupt it just shows that jonathan will never fight corruption home or abroad

in this case i'll take half (selective justice) loaf,if pdp like they should not probe opposition when its their turn
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 8:12am On Dec 23, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

I wonder...anyway, move it back to the topic of the thread based on points I raised...
wetin you de wonder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Hyde Park, London / Another Nigerian Man Refuses To Give Hausa-Fulani Girl Money For Voting Buhari / Buhari's Own Is Even Better, See What Rivers State Governor Called Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.