Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer (680 Views)

Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month? / Caught My Boss In The Act; Am I Safe? / 3 Reasons You’ll Never Earn More Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by ejioforstephen: 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Am a programmer in lagos with 4 years working experience. I earn a monthly salary of 190,000 and am well skilled in C#. My questions to others is this:

Are programmers earning the same or higher?
Am I supposed to earn higher based on my experience and skills?
Which companies offer more pay?

I really need your candid advise to help me make a better decision.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by Nastydroid(m): 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
What kind of decision,to quit the work?
Cc dhtml
Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by asalimpo(m): 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
You shud shed more light. Is the company international?
Is it a strtup? Is it an enterpreneural/family thing or a more established concern with corporate policies and career paths Etc

dyu have formal education in sf eng/cs or is self.taught/computer school?

International payscale for programmers hovers in a much higher range.

Post this in d programming section for better feedback.
Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by finfreedom(m): 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
ejioforstephen:
Am a programmer in lagos with 4 years working experience. I earn a monthly salary of 190,000 and am well skilled in C#. My questions to others is this:

Are programmers earning the same or higher?
Am I supposed to earn higher based on my experience and skills?
Which companies offer more pay?

I really need your candid advise to help me make a better decision.
Thanks in advance.

My brother, hold on tight to it until you get something better. There are guys in that field earning less than 100k (Believe me!). However, I would advise you to increase your financial intelligence and learn ways of generating good income on the side (and I'm not talking about programming PP's). Kind regards.
Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by ejioforstephen: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2014
Thanks everyone for you kind feedback. Its a private startup company with about 20 staffs. Please i really need your advise.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

9ja Don Do Their Own Facebook / 10 Things Every Unemployed Nigerian Girl Will Soon Discover / The Reason A Nairalander Was Chased Out Of Medical School..pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.