Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega (727 Views)

2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari / BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega by firstafricanews: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega, has promised that the 2015 polls would be the best ever conducted in the country.

He made the promise while briefing a delegation of the Guild of Corporate Online Publishers (GOCOP) at the Conference room of the Electoral Institute in Abuja.

He took the publishers through how INEC has prepared for the forthcoming polls.

“We are very, very confident that we are fully prepared to deliver elections that are far better than 2011. The reason is that we have had time to reform and prepare. I took over in July 2010 and in 2011 we delivered credible elections within only eight months but we have had four years to prepare for the 2015 elections. INEC is now poised to deliver free and fair elections come 2015. We are promising much more better elections in 2015,” Jega said, boasting that the polls would be almost impossible to rig.

The INEC Chairman spoke of specific steps the commission under his watch to ensure that the elections would be unrigable.

Internal reforms: We have done our best to clean up the commission. We drew the line for our staff. We reviewed past elections to find out what went wrong and to fix it. For this, we invited INEC electoral staff from all over the country to Abuja, put them in a room, assured them of immunity and appealed to them to tell us problems they were having in the field. It was an eye opener. They spoke frankly and that has helped us to clean up the system.

Adhoc staff: We have modified the system. In the past we used teachers and other civil servants but we found that it would be very difficult for them, being government workers, to refuse when told by, say, a governor, to do anything. We decided to use NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) members instead of teachers, etc.

- See more at: http://firstafricanews.ng/index.php?dbs=openlist&s=9537#sthash.hLNTU4XI.dpuf

Re: 2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega by IKJ66(m): 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
if I should really comment on this I would definately get on
some peoples nerve buh I would rather drop the much
needed STORY FOR THE gODS

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
Government is not here to solve
our problem.

The government itself is the
problem! the people behind the government are the problem

Big Business is the problem and Big Business like Dangote and Skye Bank feeds off the government of GEJ.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega by GhaliNaaba(m): 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Exellent statment that must be put to action bcoz injustice breed war and anarchy.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega by stevecantrell: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
For gods the Story.
Re: 2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega by theV0ice: 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
I will be very glad.

let the election be free and fair. Whoever wins must be allowed to rule

may God help Jega
Re: 2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega by FiftyFifty(m): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
Rig d elections at ur own peril... 2015 isn't going to be business as usual.
Re: 2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega by Eziachi: 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
How I hoped and wish that reality will match his confidence. Good luck to him. He will need plenty of it.
Re: 2015 Elections Will Be Unrigable —jega by Justbright(m): 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
rigging d election in 2015 will destroy Nigeria.....I do not see gej winning in free and fair poll....buhari just need to win in northwest and southwest den its over for gej...otuoke straight

(1) (Reply)

PGEJ Must Win This Election With/without Social Media – Okupe (@naijapolitica) / UK Envoy Lambasts TB Joshua Over Airasia Crash Prophesy / Chibok Schoolgirls Blasts Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.