Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly (3093 Views)

Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists / Naira Drops To 251/dollar, External Reserves Now $29.7bn / Naira Drops, As BVN Paralyses Forex Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by ediko5(m): 12:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Hello,

My Google Adsense RPM usually drops every 3 hours. for instance yesterday, i checked mmy account in the afternoon and i had $0.90 with RPM of $1.40 and page views of about 200.

But when my page views increased to about 1,400 my RPM was dropping to $0.61 and my earning was now $0.68.

Shouldn't my earnings increased as my page views increased?
But it's reducing. Please what's the cause of this problem.
Re: Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by bedfordng(m): 8:14am On Dec 22, 2014
seems you've just started earning with adsense.the first thing is getting approval but the main koko is earning from it.adsense could be frustrating when you see it as the only source of earning online but when you engage in other stuffs, you won't even bother about looking up your adsense account every day.

Take note of this, no matter the amount of traffic you get daily on you site, if they don't click on your ads, then no earnings
the purpose of the ads showing up on your site is for visitors to click, so the more genuine clicks, the more the earning.

The more the traffic, the more likely you will get clicks, so traffic does not actually gives you clicks, some one has to click the ads else no earnings even if you have millions of visitors daily, that will only generate impression and not clicks
Re: Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by ediko5(m): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
bedfordng:
seems you've just started earning with adsense.the first thing is getting approval but the main koko is earning from it.adsense could be frustrating when you see it as the only source of earning online but when you engage in other stuffs, you won't even bother about looking up your adsense account every day.

Take note of this, no matter the amount of traffic you get daily on you site, if they don't click on your ads, then no earnings
the purpose of the ads showing up on your site is for visitors to click, so the more genuine clicks, the more the earning.

The more the traffic, the more likely you will get clicks, so traffic does not actually gives you clicks, some one has to click the ads else no earnings even if you have millions of visitors daily, that will only generate impression and not clicks

My dear, i am not new to adsense. i left adsense around 2008 when my fisrt account was disabled.

i understand that you must get click and also that their formular of calculating earnings lies on the number of traffic you get since their earnings is calculated per thousand views.

Also my site is not for adsense, so please take note. But what i have seen in my adsense account this days is unusual.
Re: Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by bedfordng(m): 7:36am On Dec 23, 2014
ediko5:

My dear, i am not new to adsense. i left adsense around 2008 when my fisrt account was disabled.

i understand that you must get click and also that their formular of calculating earnings lies on the number of traffic you get since their earnings is calculated per thousand views.

Also my site is not for adsense, so please take note. But what i have seen in my adsense account this days is unusual.
don't know why the talks about RPM.is it a new thing around the web because it appears many people are just confusing them self about it instead of them to focus on building their blog with content.it used to be CPC, now its RPM.when some one just come up with new talks, every one will carry it and make it seems like it is the only thing that matters.with low RPM, if you have more clicks, you will still earn, why why focusing on RPM when you can build your site.since you said you don't focus on adsense, then produce more content because adsense is not the only money making scheme out there
Re: Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by ediko5(m): 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
bedfordng:
don't know why the talks about RPM.is it a new thing around the web because it appears many people are just confusing them self about it instead of them to focus on building their blog with content.it used to be CPC, now its RPM.when some one just come up with new talks, every one will carry it and make it seems like it is the only thing that matters.with low RPM, if you have more clicks, you will still earn, why why focusing on RPM when you can build your site.since you said you don't focus on adsense, then produce more content because adsense is not the only money making scheme out there

With due respect please, you shouldn't have answered this question cos you've not said any meaningful thing here.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by bedfordng(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
ediko5:

With due respect please, you shouldn't have answered this question cos you've not said any meaningful thing here.
seems you don't want to accept the fact.well, was only giving my own view.no offence at all.
Re: Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by marksooyinmiebi(m): 8:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
bedfordng:

Take note of this, [s]no matter the amount of traffic you get daily on you site, if they don't click on your ads, then no earnings[/s]

wrong
Re: Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by ediko5(m): 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
marksooyinmiebi:

wrong

Please help me and tell him that Google calculates earnings per thousand views
Re: Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by bedfordng(m): 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
marksooyinmiebi:

wrong
then you don't want to settle for the best.if you want to go with adsense earnings per thousand impression without large traffic, you will grow white hair before you will earn with it.trust me, you earn more with clicks than per thousand impressions.unless you want to go with the little earnings from impression.

Which would you prefer,making $5 from 20 clicks with 3000 impressions than making $1 without clicks with over 10k impressions

so which pays more.don't settle for less when there is best

impression earnings with adsense sucks because most advertisers bid for clicks,i don't count earnings generated from impression without clicks when it comes to adsense because its very low compare to when some one clicks.

there are so many ads that is based on earnings per thousand impression, adsense is not added on the list because most advertisers only bid for clicks.you will grow white hair if you want to go with adsense earnings per impression before you will make payment threshold.this only make sense if you get hundred thousands or millions of views daily.adsense is mostly bid for clicks
Re: Why Does My Google Adsense RPM And Earning Usually Drops Nearly Hourly by bedfordng(m): 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
ediko5:

Please help me and tell him that Google calculates earnings per thousand views
no doubt, they do generate earnings from impression but trust me you will grow white hair if you want to wait for adsense earnings per thousand impression.how many advertisers do bid for thousand impression when they are looking for clicks.if this is so, so many adsense publisher would have been earning massively with adsense just from impression alone.i know of some blogs that are getting hugh traffic with adsense running but they don't reach the payout threshold in a month after publishing their earnings report, adsense is the least earner even with the high traffic.impression is not for adsense but clicks.if you are looking for impression ads network, then media.net is there for you, not adsense

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Business I Can Start With #600000 With #3000 Profit Daily / Why Is Dangote Cement More Expensive In Nigeria Than Other Countries / How To Make Kuli Kuli ( The Crunchy West African Snack) With #650

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.