Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,771 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:15 AM

The Best Democracy Money Can Buy....by Gbenro Olajuyigbe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Democracy Money Can Buy....by Gbenro Olajuyigbe (371 Views)

Who Is Your Best Democracy President So Far? / Wike Worships Money & Can Betray His Mother For Money - Amaechi / The ‘best Democracy’ 21 Billion Naira Can Buy By Gbenro Olajuyigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Democracy Money Can Buy....by Gbenro Olajuyigbe by Nobody: 1:20am On Dec 22, 2014
I cull from Gbenro Olajuyigbe write-up on SAHARA reporters

"A ruler they can rule over and control! They know that government is a big business, especially where corruption geometrically grows in intensity and in space. To them, when they are dealing with ‘citizens’ it is take my money but let me take your future. To rulers, it is ‘take my money and reign, but let me rule!’ The vultures gathered again on Saturday! They called themselves players in the Oil, Road Construction, Real Estate, Power and other sectors.

The Investment Private Offer (IPO) was fully subscribed! Aso Rock, Nigeria’s seat of power was the Stock Exchange venue. In one night and like Night Marauders, 21 Billion Naira was on the President’s Table, the table of the one who rang the bidding bell! And as usual, Nigeria is gone again. Firmly in the hands of its Share Holders. It was a Right Issue, not a Public offer! The closest thing to the act of these unified Buccaneers is the history of slave trade and the bondage of future generations, especially those from the clans of the poor. Indeed, they are players in the Oil Sector! Afterall, Nigerians recently had to pay 2.3 trillion Oil subsidy price that never was to them."

(1) (Reply)

More Than 50 Aged People Rounded Up And Shot By Boko Haram In Gwoza / What Lagos State Did To 70beggers / Bombings Crippling North’s Economy; A Plan Against North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.