Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 (23672 Views)

FG Sacks Enoch Ogun, Postmaster-General, Over Stamp Duty Controversy / Protest In Abuja, As FG Arraigns Nnamdi Kanu In Court (Photos) - Vanguard / FG Sacks FAAN Director, Another Director’s Job On The Line. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by drsolob2(m): 7:45am On Dec 22, 2014
Dele Ogbodo in Abuja

Following the sack of over 187 staffers of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the suspension of two of its Directors, by the federal government, the Ministry of Aviation, including its agencies' over 830 members of staff have been gripped by palpable fear as they await the final outcome of the audit report constituted by the minister, Mr. Osita Chidoka, THISDAY can confidently report.

The ministry’s agencies are: the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), NCAA, Nigeria Meteorological Agency (NIMET), the Nigerian Airspace Management Authority (NAMA) the Nigeria College Aviation Technology (NCAT) and the Accident Investigation and Prevention Bureau (AIPB).

A senior official of one of the agencies, who spoke under anonymity with THISDAY on telephone on Saturday said the palpable fear gripping the agency is becoming obvious, adding that there is visible fear at the agency as staff are even afraid of going on their annual leave to enable them keep an eye on emerging wind of sack at the ministry.

He said the recent Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the ministry and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has created more fears within the industry, adding that the news going round is that all the agencies have been directed to shed weight.

Details later.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fear-envelops-ministry-agencies-as-fg-sacks-187/197243/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by omenka(m): 7:50am On Dec 22, 2014
Instead of requesting agencies to shed weight why not shed the weight of the salaries of political appointees or even shed the weight of political appointees to cushion the effect of the weight of employees of the agencies and parastatals??

64 Likes

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by anonimi: 7:55am On Dec 22, 2014
omenka:
Instead of requesting agencies to shed weight why not shed the weight of the salaries of political appointees or even shed the weight of political appointees to cushion the effect of the weight of employees of the agencies and parastatals??

I thought the HoR has the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC in the majority. Don't you think they should set a good example to "shed the weight of the salaries" they collect from us

Abi na to do as I say but NOT do as I do brand of HYPOCRISY they practice?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by drsolob2(m): 7:55am On Dec 22, 2014
omenka:
Dnt mind them (Using 1 billion to eat a year)

16 Likes

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by holatin(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2014
an increase in unemployment

2 Likes

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by adeoladrg(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2014
Oga Jona, you don't need to make these people suffer to prove any point to us. You have failed, can we leave it at that?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by hakeem4(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2014
Noted
Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by Maczeelly(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2014
Goodnews

1 Like

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by shadelek(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2014
Its only in Nigeria that I see someone with big tree in his eyes trying to condemn someone with sticks in his eyes. You dey there dey share our money like meat and you dey complain of those wey dey take the money small small. God go judge ooooo. Ha, I miss DA grin. He was the only musician that can blast this politicians even though they won't change sha

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by UltimateDon: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2014
Hmm
Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by No12: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2014
Self employment is the way!

1 Like

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2014
Sacked at this time of the year?

1 Like

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by Descartes: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2014
Why at this critical period embarassed
Could it be because of 2015 general elections? undecided
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2014
This may be a step in the right direction if the sacked staff are actually guilty of whatever
offences they are adjudged to have committed.
At least the effect on the remaining staff is to
be more diligent and God fearing in the
performance of their duties especially the
ones that certify aircrafts airworthy to fly. It is
believed that most of the previous air
accidents were caused by non-observance of
all the mandatory checks by airline Operators.
#GMBTILL2050

9 Likes

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by teemanbastos(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2014
[size=16pt]who knws maybe d sacked are APC faithfuls or Those nt loyal to Jona?? Well wen d dtails are fully awt.. I'l comment[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by bobharro: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2014
Y
Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by drsolob2(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2014
holatin:
an increase in unemployment
Exactly my thought especially this exam period
Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by Bams95: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2014
Uhmmm,so they are trying to make up for the fall in price of crude oil by sacking pple instead of them to cut unnecessary expenses in the federal budget.I believe we can survive in dis country even if the price of oil is $30 per barrel, though that's if there is no corruption.

6 Likes

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2014
anything about gej's government? case closed

3 Likes

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by Pillars1(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2014
So Sad
Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by asodeboyede(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2014
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord,
shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that
doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have
we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name
have cast out devils? and in thy name done many
wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew
you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by ifeelgood: 8:09am On Dec 22, 2014
I'm very sure nothing will happen to PHCN and the likes cos they donated #500 millions at the PDP fund raising dinner. But i didn't see BH donation because i slept off.

4 Likes

Re: Fear Envelops Ministry, Agencies As FG Sacks 187 by freecitizn: 8:12am On Dec 22, 2014
While it is unfortunate that some lost their jobs, it is better for the larger good of the nation. The administrative overhead of government and government parastatals should be cut to the barest efficient minimum and private industry empowered. This should be replicated across all ministries and redundant structures and people be weeded out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Burning Houses & Breaking Shops In Mainok, Borno State / Kidnappers Executed And Dumped In Ezu River / Zahra Buhari Celebrates Aisha Buhari's 46th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.