Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) (1548 Views)

Sunni Muslims Protest Kim Kardashian's Visit To Bahrain / Difference Between Shia And SUNNI Muslims / Why Do Shia Call Sunni Muslims Wahabbis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by LagosShia: 10:17am On Dec 22, 2014
Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by AlBaqir(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2014
Abuamam:
Further info:

http://www.todayszaman.com/op-ed_is-iran-engaging-in-sectarian-discrimination-against-its-sunnis-by-ali-riza-gafuri-_278878.html

http://www.iranhumanrights.org/2013/06/sunni_rajaee_shahr/

http://sunniprisonersiran.com/security-forces-raid-sunni-mosque-during-eid-prayers-in-sanandaj-iran/

Sometimes you only need to think twice before you attack otherwise you will get yourself humiliated.

The reverse of your links is not in anyway pay the Sunni. In fact, it exposed them beyond repair. You only need to google search [size=28pt]"shi'a muslim prosecutions in Saudi Arabia"[/size]

What about Christian marginalization and persecution in Saudi Arabia? You need a search click too.
Every nation, and ideology devise mean best known to it to preserve its identity. The Islamic state founded by the holy Prophet was also preserved with certain measures even if its not palatable to any opposition. We simply need to be civil to respect each other within our limited boundaries.
Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
AlBaqir:

Sometimes you only need to think twice before you attack otherwise you will get yourself humiliated.

The reverse of your links is not in anyway pay the Sunni. In fact, it exposed them beyond repair. You only need to google search [size=28pt]"shi'a muslim prosecutions in Saudi Arabia"[/size]

What about Christian marginalization and persecution in Saudi Arabia? You need a search click too.
Every nation, and ideology devise mean best known to it to preserve its identity. The Islamic state founded by the holy Prophet was also preserved with certain measures even if its not palatable to any opposition. We simply need to be civil to respect each other within our limited boundaries.

Sure, they persecute the rafidha in Saudi Arabia. Did you see me open a post and claim that they don't? Likewise, the rafidha in Iran persecute the Sunnis, but some people believe that we are all gullible, and seek to play on our intelligence by telling us lies, showing that Sunnis are living a life of bliss in Iran. You posted the links and I added to your info. We both got evidence from the same source... the internet. How did I do wrong?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by AlBaqir(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
^What LagosShia posted is a positive step. What you, abuaman posted is negative. Even if LagosShia's video portray an imaginary "heaven on earth for sunni" in Iran, you can do the same for shia in Saudi. Whether both sides like it or not, there are significant sunni and shia population in the respective countries. Today the rivalry between Saudi and Iran is more of political fight than religious.
Both sides (sunni & shia) are guilty of bigotry, extremism, terrorism and propaganda. All these stains Islam, Quran, and the Prophet (peace be on him and his household). The choice is ours, individually and collectively, to either promote goodness or corruption.

"Za'harul fasad fil bar wal bahr bima kasabat ihydihi nas.." Corruption on land and sea is caused by man's handiwork. " ~Quran conclude.

Here's Dr. Yassir al-Qadhi, a renowned Sunni sheik and former salafi in a 30mins interview.
[b]"Ignorance, immaturity...make me say bad things about the Shi'a. Now I see things differently" ~Dr. Yassir Qadhi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLvsQA1oaCg
Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
AlBaqir:
^What LagosShia posted is a positive step. What you, abuaman posted is negative. Even if LagosShia's video portray an imaginary "heaven on earth for sunni" in Iran, you can do the same for shia in Saudi. Whether both sides like it or not, there are significant sunni and shia population in the respective countries. Today the rivalry between Saudi and Iran is more of political fight than religious.
Both sides (sunni & shia) are guilty of bigotry, extremism, terrorism and propaganda. All these stains Islam, Quran, and the Prophet (peace be on him and his household). The choice is ours, individually and collectively, to either promote goodness or corruption.

"Za'harul fasad fil bar wal bahr bima kasabat ihydihi nas.." Corruption on land and sea is caused by man's handiwork. " ~Quran conclude.

I have already agreed that both sides are guilty of bigotry, extremism, terrorism and propaganda. I believe that the solution is not to live in denial and lie blatantly about how there is no bigotry, extremism, terrorism and propaganda, and how everything is goodness and light, so I will not lie for Saudi Arabia. The solution is in telling the raw truth about what is happening, admitting the faults that are being committed, and HONESTLY seeking solutions to solve these problems.
I also disagree that Lagosshia is being positive and I being negative. As I stated earlier, lying to a group of people shows arrogance and contempt. It implies that you believe your audience is gullible and stupid. In Islam, lying can never be positive and truth negative.

1 Like

Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by AlBaqir(m): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Abuamam:

I have already agreed that both sides are guilty of bigotry, extremism, terrorism and propaganda. I believe that the solution is not to live in denial and lie blatantly about how there is no bigotry, extremism, terrorism and propaganda, and how everything is goodness and light, so I will not lie for Saudi Arabia. The solution is in telling the raw truth about what is happening, admitting the faults that are being committed, and HONESTLY seeking solutions to solve these problems.
I also disagree that Lagosshia is being positive and I being negative. As I stated earlier, lying to a group of people shows arrogance and contempt. It implies that you believe your audience is gullible and stupid. In Islam, lying can never be positive and truth negative.

It seem you misunderstood part of my statement, @bold^. As we've agreed both sides (sunni and shia as a whole) are faulty in one way or the other, the positive development is there's still little tolerance shown as indicated in the OP video posted by LagosShia. This replica of 'little tolerance' by the Saudi is what I expect you to post not propagandas. This is where my point is.
Egypt is Sunni country and shi'a are not maligned there. I have shi'a friends at al-Ahzar university. Likewise many other sunni countries. Unfortunately if a sunni or a shi'i committed a crime in Shi'a or Sunni nation respectively, the slogan (esp by those in whose heart there's disease) will be "shi'a government prosecute a sunni muslim and vice versa".

My wife studied in Iran for like 10years. I've been there on many occasion so I think I'm in a better position here. I bet whatever you accuse Iran of is read on news and heard (hearsay) and not witness by you. Allah warns in Sura Hujurat.

There are christian and jewish communities in Iran with there churches and synagogues. Nothing like this in Saudi. There are minority tribal communities there with their respective interest. None of them is denied of their rites so long they comply with the rules of the government.

Large numbers of sunni exist in Iran. Sunnis are not allowed to own 'their mosque' rather the government ruled their should be 'one mosque' for all. Nobody will prosecute you for folding your arms as sunni while praying. I bet shi'a can never use tur'ba (baked-soiled tablet designed for sajda where there's rug or carpet) freely in Salafi's dominated mosque in Saudi arabia. And no doubt Sunni will be in hell in some extreme Shi'a community. See how shi'a-sunni community is dealing with themselves in Iraq and Pakistan.

There are books of sunni doctrine galore in Iranian book stores. I bought many at cheaper prices compare to the price at home. If they are not allowed to propagate their aqeedah, what better opportunities they have than selling books. Of course books of bigotry and hatred are banned. Are there shia books in Saudi stores? Only books on shia-hatred (and other non-wahabi sects) is abound. The interview above by Dr. Yassir confirmed this.

I have not been to Saudi to know the state of things there, personally. But my Ustaz had been on several occasion and he related his ordeal. Its hell being Shi'a in Saudi. Either you use taqiyah or you get wrath of the government. Even saying "as-Salam alayka ya Rasulullah at the Qabr of the holy prophet is 'haram'. My ustaz and brother were arrested twice for reciting salawat at the Qabr of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household).
Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2014
There you go again. You still want to show that Iran is better. It is not. You have been to Iran, I have been to Saudi. I rely on news, so do you. I have seen your people hold street rallies in Makkah during hajj, disturbing the pilgrims. During ashura, they hold their congregational mourning and no one arrests them. Maybe your ustaz was arrested for spitting in the direction of Abubakr's (RA) and Umar's (RA) graves. Your people are fond of doing that (Iran president Rasfanjani 1998). I know people who have been to Iran and they tell of Maraaji incited discrimination against sunnis. You say books of bigotry and hatred are banned. Who judges which is which? Your books promote more bigotry and hatred. They abuse many of the sahaba, the prophet's wives, and you want them allowed? Reyhana Jabbari (and only Allah knows how many others), was executed recently by Iran for defending herself against a rapist, because she was a sunni, and he was not. Sunnis are discriminated against in the work place and government jobs. Yet you want to 'prove' that Iran is tolerant and Saudi 'wahhabis' are intolerant. It is this falsehood and doublespeak that I dislike. I notice that your people want reconciliation, but only on YOUR terms. As I said, honesty is the best policy. Nothing can be hidden again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by AlBaqir(m): 7:15am On Dec 24, 2014
Abuamam:
There you go again. You still want to show that Iran is better. It is not.

That's not my intention. I simply relate my personal experience rather than hearsay or propaganda.
I know that won't seat well with you.

Abuamam:

You have been to Iran, I have been to Saudi. I rely on news, so do you. I have seen your people hold street rallies in Makkah during hajj, disturbing the pilgrims.

Ma sha Allah. Street rallies during hajj? Rallies for what during hajj? You gatta be kidding me bro. grin

Abuamam:

During ashura, they hold their congregational mourning and no one arrests them.

Ma sha Allah. This is kind of positive news I expect you to post to counter LagosShia's positive video. Not posting something negative. If there's more of this positive happenings, pls post.

Abuamam:

Maybe your ustaz was arrested for spitting in the direction of Abubakr's (RA) and Umar's (RA) graves.

grin Nah! That's an uncivilized character. His crime was sending salawat upon the Prophet and his household, shedding tears; and the 'well-tutored' saudi police was shouting 'haram haram'.

His second ordeal was joining the shi'a congregation on thursday for Du'a kumayl, in medina. It was said to him: "these are kafir, don't join them".

Abuamam:

Your people are fond of doing that (Iran president Rasfanjani 1998).

Did you personally witnessed one while on hajj? So I heard too that some shia did spit...and truly that's saddened, uncivilized. Some extremist among the salafi do suicide bombing, takfiri et al. Is it just to tag ALL salafi as suicide bombers and takfiris? Same analogy applies @bold.

As per Rafsanjani, kindly link me to any news of that incident.

Abuamam:

I know people who have been to Iran and they tell of Maraaji incited discrimination against sunnis.

I don't deny there are not hatred-preaching shia Ulama. You don't even need to go far. On internet and satellites there are. In the same vein, some Sunni/Salafi Ulama are equally guilty of this. So there's no joy there. Its a shame on the house of Islam.

Abuamam:

They abuse many of the sahaba, the prophet's wives, and you want them allowed?

That's another sad thing. This, and other incidence like spitting, cursing publicly et al are what drive leading Shi'a Mar'ja to declared such act Haram.

Abuamam:

Reyhana Jabbari (and only Allah knows how many others), was executed recently by Iran for defending herself against a rapist, because she was a sunni, and he was not.

The case has nothing to do with religious sectarianism. Its of no use here.

Abuamam:

Sunnis are discriminated against in the work place and government jobs. Yet you want to 'prove' that Iran is tolerant and Saudi 'wahhabis' are intolerant. It is this falsehood and doublespeak that I dislike.

Please learn how to separate political matters from religious. And do not let 'news' control your sense of judgment. I don't buy things like this.

Abuamam:

I notice that your people want reconciliation, but only on YOUR terms. As I said, honesty is the best policy. Nothing can be hidden again.

Reconciliation! What? Shi'a mar'ja are pushing for muslim unity and trying to eradicate differences for the sake of Islam's image. Both sides differences have brought enough shame to the house of Islam.
We need to learn how to behave and put aside differences.

A case study was "treaty of al-Hudaybiyyah" with the Mushrikun. Many prominent sahaba accused the holy prophet and doubted his prophethood (sahih muslim). Why? They expect fight-fight-fight.

Prophet knew there were hypocrites among his followers yet he never exposed them unless they exposed themselves. Even he performed funeral rites on one of their leaders to the extent that one of the prominent sahaba tried to pulled him off.

Abuamam please read "chapter on courtesy" in sahih bukhari.
Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by AlBaqir(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2014
^Here's a healthy Sunni-Shia dialogue between two leading Imams of both sect in London:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Lt5_WDx7w
Re: Documentary: Sunnis In Iran (how Sunni Muslims Live In A Shiite Muslim Country?) by vedaxcool(m): 10:08am On Dec 24, 2014
Abuamam:
There you go again. You still want to show that Iran is better. It is not. You have been to Iran, I have been to Saudi. I rely on news, so do you. I have seen your people hold street rallies in Makkah during hajj, disturbing the pilgrims. During ashura, they hold their congregational mourning and no one arrests them. Maybe your ustaz was arrested for spitting in the direction of Abubakr's (RA) and Umar's (RA) graves. Your people are fond of doing that (Iran president Rasfanjani 1998). I know people who have been to Iran and they tell of Maraaji incited discrimination against sunnis. You say books of bigotry and hatred are banned. Who judges which is which? Your books promote more bigotry and hatred. They abuse many of the sahaba, the prophet's wives, and you want them allowed? Reyhana Jabbari (and only Allah knows how many others), was executed recently by Iran for defending herself against a rapist, because she was a sunni, and he was not. Sunnis are discriminated against in the work place and government jobs. Yet you want to 'prove' that Iran is tolerant and Saudi 'wahhabis' are intolerant. It is this falsehood and doublespeak that I dislike. I notice that your people want reconciliation, but only on YOUR terms. As I said, honesty is the best policy. Nothing can be hidden again.

grin Lol. These remains the issue, lies and dishonesty. May Allah reward u.amin

(1) (Reply)

Sunnahs Neglected During Ramadan / Help With An Assignment On Islam. / Over 5 Million Visitors To Commemorate Imam Mahdi's Birthday In Karbala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.