Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,570 members, 7,837,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 (31089 Views)

Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba / Video Of Muhammadu Buhari First Speech After His Declaration As President Elect / The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by hahn(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Jaymima:
I am apolitical. I am either banking on gej or buhari to solve our problems in this country because man has dominated man to his injury... Humans lack the wherewithal to rule man successfully because it does not belong to man to do so. #teamGod'skingdomrule.

You have no obvious opinion.

What about other countries that are developed and have surpassed the stage of lack of good roads, constant elecricity etc. If you don't change the course of your life God won't come down to do it for you.

Btw, if you keep looking forward to when you die to go to heaven, remember that your kids and the generations to follow will live to bear the brunt of your inaction
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Grandmisty: 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
jojoki:

Nigerians are yarning for a good Leader that have the true love of the country at heart and this I c in GMB. I pray we don't spend another 4yrs like our present situation.

Tunisia just elected a man of 88years as their new president, age is nothing but number provided the person can deliver.

As for me and my family we will vote for that CHANGE.

God bless Nigeria. Amen

How can Buhari be change?

He was part of the group coup plotting against gowon , then shagari

If u want change vote independent parties other than apc or pdp

Buhari is messenger of the Hausa Fulani elite who r thirsty for power but the problem is they had power for over 36 out of 51 years of independence and Nigeria was a complete mess for it

Even the average northerner is suffering for it that is y their youths are so hopeless they r tired of life killing themselves everyday.
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Grandmisty: 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
Jaymima:
I am apolitical. I am either banking on gej or buhari to solve our problems in this country because man has dominated man to his injury... Humans lack the wherewithal to rule man successfully because it does not belong to man to do so. #teamGod'skingdomrule.

Other humans are doing it that is y God gave us a brain and to be productive.

Or r u saying Africans r not humans because Europeans and asians r using their brain and some r in space now

The real truth is the need for us to be more curious of our environment
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by jojoki: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
Grandmisty:

How can Buhari be change?

He was part of the group coup plotting against gowon , then shagari

If u want change vote independent parties other than apc or pdp

Buhari is messenger of the Hausa Fulani elite who r thirsty for power but the problem is they had power for over 36 years and Nigeria was a complete mess for it

You spoke well Bro, but mind you the main political parties we have at the moment are PDP & APC and out of the two parties I will rather take my chance with APC.

I need a President that can take bold decision with no fear or favour not minding Ethnicity or religion of who ever involves in Insurgency or corruption.

I love to c a country where we can a move around without fear of being bombed.

I love to c a country that will be less dependent on crude oil or rather invest well on agriculture.

I love to c a country where corrupt people won't be celebrated or given a presidential pardon.

Good bless Nigeria!
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by balladin: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
babsonR9:
Analysis and expectations of the outcome of 2015 Presidential elections:
1. Lagos: APC 98%
2. Kano: APC 100%
3. River: APC 78%
4. Osun: APC 82%
5. Ogun: APC 81%
6. Oyo: APC 84%
7. Borno: APC 100%
8. Yobe: APC 94%
9. Adamawa: APC 73%
10. Taraba: APC 67%
11. Nassarawa: APC 88%
12. Kaduna: APC 87%
13. Niger: APC 67%
14. Katsina: APC 91%
15. Zamfara: APC 100%
16. Sokoto: APC 98%
17. Benue: APC 56%
18. Plateau: APC 42%
19. Enugu: APC 34%
20. Gombe: APC 51%
21. Bauchi: APC 87%
22. Jigawa: APC 74%
23. Kebbi: APC 96%
24. Kogi: APC 86%
25. Ebonyi: APC 21%
26. Anambra: APC 47%
27. IMO: APC 91%
28. Cross River: APC 11%
29. Ondo: APC 76%
30. Ekiti: APC 62%
31.Bayelsa: APC 3%
32. Edo: APC 61%
33. Delta: APC 9%
34. A/Ibom: APC 6%
35: Kwara: APC 93%
36. Abia: APC 2%.
Hahahahahaahahhahahha. Very laughable. Hope is a virtue. Keep hoping. Do you realise that Lagos is mixed? You are out of touch with reality.
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by lioncoolst(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nigerian Legislators..... preoccupied with determining their salary scales, fringe benefit and unnecessary foreign travels, et al, since pre-1983...
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by ogene007: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
babsonR9:

This would have been the result if we were under an APC led FG. GEJ till 2019.

You are the new
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Grandmisty: 2:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
jojoki:

You spoke well Bro, but mind you the main political parties we have at the moment are PDP & APC and out of the two parties I will rather take my chance with APC.

I need a President that can take bold decision with no fear or favour not minding Ethnicity or religion of who ever involves in Insurgency or corruption.

I love to c a country where we can a move around without fear of being bombed.

I love to c a country that will be less dependent on crude oil or rather invest well on agriculture.

I love to c a country where corrupt people won't be celebrated or given a presidential pardon.

Good bless Nigeria!

Then ur not ready for change it would have been different if they removed Buhari and put another person on that ticket.

Ur voting for a politican from 2nd republic the ppl who started corruption in nigeria.

Who is bombing is it not northerners because they want power.

Its all a game and this ppl don't care if blood is spilled.

If we rate former military rulers Buhari was one of the worst He did nothing

Everything u see today was done by gowon, obj even ibb was better than Buhari

Although ibb was corrupt but he was more brilliant even marwa is a better candidate than Buhari

We shall c wat will happen
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by thaoriginator: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
ireneony:
Should we clap for the old man that is getting close to his grave undecided
yawned*
Don't be surprise if you die before the people's general
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by saintopus(m): 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
coolhamid:
@Op, So what do you intends to gain with this??
To me, I saw it as a reminder to the young ones who never had the opportunity to know about what happened behind the greed and seflishness of these people ( leaders). They are not saints as we are made to believe now. They are not the type of leaders Nigeria needs. Most young ones never knew the level of decay engineered by these leaders. History when disregarded, brings about future failure.
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Abenoty: 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
1. Lagos: APC 53%
2. Kano: APC 70%
3. River: APC 9%
4. Osun: APC 62%
5. Ogun: APC 51%
6. Oyo: APC 54%
7. Borno: APC 81%
8. Yobe: APC 75%
9. Adamawa: APC 71%
10. Taraba: APC 31%
11. Nassarawa: APC 42%
12. Kaduna: APC 30%
13. Niger: APC 33%
14. Katsina: APC 71%
15. Zamfara: APC 81%
16. Sokoto: APC 68%
17. Benue: APC 19%
18. Plateau: APC 21%
19. Enugu: APC 4%
20. Gombe: APC 29%
21. Bauchi: APC 47%
22. Jigawa: APC 50%
23. Kebbi: APC 62%
24. Kogi: APC 49%
25. Ebonyi: APC 2%
26. Anambra: APC 1%
27. IMO: APC 9%
28. Cross River: APC 1%
29. Ondo: APC 31%
30. Ekiti: APC 41%
31.Bayelsa: APC 1%
32. Edo: APC 45%
33. Delta: APC 2%
34. A/Ibom: APC 1%
35: Kwara: APC 53%
36. Abia: APC 1%
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by adamskutty(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Unibenstudent:
This is the type of leader nigeria needs not badluck Jonathan!
Are u from edo state?
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by ChynoBEATS: 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
hayoakins:

Fellow Nigerians, finally, we have dutifully intervened to save this nation from imminent collapse. We therefore expect all Nigerians, including those who participated directly or indirectly in bringing the nation to this present predicament, to cooperate with us. This generation of Nigerians, and indeed future generations, have no country other than Nigeria. We shall remain here and salvage it together.May God bless us all. Good morning.[/i]

http://omojuwa.com/2012/06/history-buharis-first-speech-after-the-military-coup-of-31st-december-1983/

Una sure say na buhari write this thing ......

Abi na idi-agbon ?..... Cos I don't think buhari is this intellectual 2d extent that he'll write such by himself...............

Cos 2me the man M.u.M.u 4 face...

N I sure say he M.u.M.u for brain too......

.............. Smh......................

______ i wish everybody Here a wonderful Christmas ________

Op'. No forget my RICE n Fried Chicken O ..............
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Orikinla(m): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
[size=18pt]''The harder you work, the luckier you get''.
~ Mike Adenuga,Jr.[/size]
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Sparkle777(f): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
he wanted to save d situation,then handover by conducting free and fair election.but nigeria enemy(d west)align with ibb to stop d good intention.nigeria problem started by ibb till now,ibb is evil,ibb is pdp,pdp is saTANiod.shagari regime is even better than dis govt.lets vote buhari again.

Wat are u talkin about? He wanted to indeed! Where hav I hrd dat one bfor? Abeg forget matter. As far as am concerned Gej is the lesser evil.
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by DWJOBScom(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
arsetalks:
No itt doesn't look doctored, the speech simply wowed you. You now have reservation about the lies you have been told and your brain is finding it difficult to believe the man you see as evil is not evil after all.

You are in a state of denial. Just accept the fact acceptance is the first stage.

I chose to ignore you

#it remains a doctored speak
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by ibro360(m): 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
hayoakins:
BTW, the driver in the picture looks like the author of "MY WATCH" ie. OBJ grin

A must read for every parent
#Bad Nannies# Her Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota
https://www.nairaland.com/2047260/bad-nannies-experience-st-catherines
guy ur eye dey see too much
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Inova(m): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
LastProphet:

Dont use logic of your knowledge of IBB's greed, you see why I call you childish? Where are your facts? Buhari openly lead troops to conquer Maitatsine, so why was he using proxies for coup? Go back to school

And the winner is LastProphet.

Mr Billy. You seem angered about something that Buhari reminds you of. Please what is it? Cuz your points about GMB is obviously biased.
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Inova(m): 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
Grandmisty:

Then ur not ready for change it would have been different if they removed Buhari and put another person on that ticket.

Ur voting for a politican from 2nd republic the ppl who started corruption in nigeria.

Who is bombing is it not northerners because they want power.

Its all a game and this ppl don't care if blood is spilled.

If we rate former military rulers Buhari was one of the worst He did nothing

Everything u see today was done by gowon, obj even ibb was better than Buhari

Although ibb was corrupt but he was more brilliant even marwa is a better candidate than Buhari

We shall c wat will happen

Are you scared that its not going to be business as usual for you papi again. Pele. Times up
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by christopheojo(m): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
There is no candidate be it GMB or GEJ that can win 100% in any state of the federation so ur analysis is wrong .
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by zanga420: 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
Collynzo22:

He sheepishly handed over the stolen power to the despot and criminal called Babangida, who then handed over to the devil called Abacha. This chain of events was started by Buhari.
Buhari set us 10 steps backward and some people want him back.
since 1967 sixteen years range has characterized things by our history.
#1. 1967 to 1983 it took us 16years to emerge from civil war to have democracy.
#2. 1983 to 1999 we suffered 16years of military dictatorship before we get democracy
#3. 1999 to date(2015 in view) 16 years of democratic enjoyment (as they say, a bad democracy is better than the best military rule)
Now the onus is on us either to learn from the past or not. Do we continuosly go forward or we go one step forward two steps backward.
Lets not do civilian coup to ourselves.
When an adult sees a child putting hand in a fire he regrets when the wails in pain.
There're credible guys like sule Lamido, Ribadu etal 2019 is there centre stage for greater nigeria, lets not truncate our success. Those pushing us to truncate our success'll leave us as usual e.g 1983 to 1999 (the coup that truncated our democracy was not only carried out by one person many pushed them as they're pushing it now)
#saynotocoupists#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by KLand(m): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
babsonR9:

Interesting fairytale. Beautiful nonsense.
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Grandmisty: 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
Inova:

Are you scared that its not going to be business as usual for you papi again. Pele. Times up

Wetin u know

FYI

After Buhari was accused of embezzling 3 billion dollars by former CBN governor of that time clement isong and other journalist

He setup decree 2 and 4 to imprison any1

So he is not the saint he is proclaiming just a due hard politican looking for his payday

I just dey tell u my own
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by StOla: 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
Billyonaire:
Buhari destroyed Nigeria. If he allowed Shagari's democratically elected government to make its mistakes and learn from it, then the democratic structures would have been stronger by now. But he overthrew that Government via coup detat, and plunge us into serial military junta that he headed, then followed by IBB, and Abdul Salam, even MKO's assassination should be blamed indirectly on Buhari because if he allowed Shagari to continue, we would not have wasted over 20yrs trying to get back to Democracy.

Now he wants to be elected by the same democratic ideals he abrogated when he overthrew government of Shagari and destroyed our democratic experiments.

This is a man who stopped railway project in Lagos. Championed the kidnap of Umari Dikko by putting that man in a box.

This semi-illiterate that can not even pronounce the word 'Nigeria' and 'Corruption', has been promoting Sharia, and asking Muslims to vote only for people that can defend their faith.

In 2014, he made a daunting fool of himself by saying he will stabilize the price of crude oil.

An aged 72years old dinosaur, a yesterday's man, alongside a Boi-Boi Professor think they can have access to Aso Rock.

It will NEVER happen in this lifetime. NEVER again, should we allow a Boko Haram Nominee Negotiator access to our symbol of Democracy, The Aso Rock.

Billyonaire has spoken, and so shall it be.

The same way PDP has been making mistakes for 16yrs and learning from it?

Buhari is a hero for that singular attempt to kidnap and bring to justice a crook who ran away.
Keep on propagating positive news about Buhari, you are wining him more support.

Your effort is not in vain afterall
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by lacedup(m): 10:44am On Dec 24, 2014
GMB 2015!!!
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Newshunter: 11:27am On Dec 24, 2014
GEJ all the way
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Jesusloveyou: 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Phinity318:
All those chairmen and members of statutory corporations, parastatals and other executive departments are hereby relieved of their appointments with immediate effect
@ the bolded
These chairmen received this news with such bitterness that some of them have sworn to make sure u never hold office of high esteem...

I'm just saying...
those corporation are d bedroom of corruption.
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Jesusloveyou: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
opribo:
He doesnt even look like a Nigerian, he should go and meet his blood thirsty brothers in Niger republic and Chad. They should go and test his blood. I dont trust that man at all. Somebody who has no pity in his vein. Young men hustling couldnt even send the to jail he tied them in broad day light and shot them haba. He is blood hungry, God forbid bad thing. We dont want people spilling blood as if its water.
u guys(saTANiod) like querrel oo, openly supporting crime and corruption,telling me,this is how christian behave,pls lets behave like a good christian,in order to save these muslims,to have a better society,
Re: Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 25, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
those corporation are d bedroom of corruption.
John Perkins in his book ''COAEHM'' refers to this set of people as corporatocracy; people who have both political and economic power to do nd undo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Affirms Right Of States To Enforce Anti-Open Grazing Law / For Sale: Oyo State's PDP Secretariat Put Up For Sale (Photo) / Orji Kalu Hosts 8 Ambassadors, Top Government Officials, Others At His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.