Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

5 Ways To Build A Remarkably Successful Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Ways To Build A Remarkably Successful Career (932 Views)

7 Basic Office Etiquette That Will Help You Build A Successful Career / How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / Eight Things Remarkably Successful People Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Build A Remarkably Successful Career by Skillz02(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2014
Everyone wants to build a successful career: To get promoted,
to gain new responsibility and authority, to earn a higher salary....
(Well, maybe not everyone, but you get the point.)
Even though I held a number of responsible positions, I also made a
number of missteps (one of my nicknames was CLMJ, for Career Limiting Move Jeff),
so I'm probably not be the best person to give career advice.

So I found someone a lot better: Jim Whitehurst. Jim has gone from management
consultant at Boston Consulting Group to Treasurer of Delta Airlines to Chief Operating
Officer of Delta Airlines… and is now the CEO of Red Hat, the $1.1 billion open source software
company. Jim definitely knows how to build a successful career – and just as importantly, what
smart leaders look for as they develop and promote talented employees.

Just don’t be surprised that the road to success requires dedication, commitment, and hard work.
If building a great career was easy we'd all be a CEO.
Here's Jim:
1. Be deeply curious.
2. Learn how to get the people around you to do the best they can.
3. Find a work-life rhythm you can maintain
4. Care deeply.
5. Build your team.

So lets make use of these ideas to build a remarkable & successful career

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Build A Remarkably Successful Career by hapholaby: 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nice 1 bro.
Re: 5 Ways To Build A Remarkably Successful Career by djkellyu(m): 8:34pm On May 13, 2015
21 SECRET OF SUCCESS
1. Dream Big Dreams – visualize, imagine and create an exciting picture of personal prosperity 2. Develop a Clear Sense of Direction – set your goals in writing 3. See Yourself As Self-Employed –take complete control of your career and your financial life 4. Do What You Love To Do – Identify the ideal work for you and then get paid well for it 5. Commit to Excellence – move into the top 10 percent in your field... Click the link to see th rest www.learnerstools.com/2015/03/21-secret-of-success_5.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Adegolu Consulting Services(a Firm Of Tax Practitioners And Professional Acctg / Signs To Show You Are Tired Of Your Current Job. A Must Read!! / I Need Power System Engineering Softwares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.