Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi (21035 Views)

For Criticising Aregbesola, Thugs Attack Newspaper Readers At Newsstand / Principal Gets Death Threats For Releasing Buhari’s Results / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Franchise21(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
A prominent Nigerian Islamic cleric, Ahmad Gumi, said Tuesday he has been threatened for not supporting Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

The Kaduna-based cleric raised the alarm on Tuesday in a Facebook post titled, “PDP v APC: It’s Not about Religion.”

He said his children have also been receiving calls from persons who use unknown telephone numbers to threaten them.

“People like me who had all along been critical about the government can longer speak or express personal opinion if it is not in support of Gen. Buhari,” said Shiekh Gumi.

“Just this morning around 2.30a.m., my three male children individually got threatening phone calls from a private number. People can vote for whoever they choose whether a Christian or a Muslim”

The cleric had in a separate Facebook post in October called on Mr. Buhari not to contest the 2015 presidential election for fear of crisis.

At the same time, he also advised President Goodluck Jonathan not to stand in next year’s presidential election.

Mr. Jonathan has emerged the PDP candidate while Mr. Buhari is the APC candidate.

Mr. Gumi has also recently criticized the choice of a lawyer and pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Yemi Osinbajo, as Mr. Buhari’s running mate, saying, “It’s now the Church not just Christians that have their feet engrossed in the APC.”

Reacting to Sheikh Gumi’s alarm, a Zaria-based cleric, Ahmed Ali, advised the preacher to stay off politics so that he will not derail from what he has been known for.

“Politics is for politicians while religious teachings are in the hands of clerics. Gumi should have remained on that and not start joining issues with politicians,” Mr. Ali said. “You can see that he is being labeled as an enemy by supporters of the candidates he claimed to have given advice.”

Instead of venturing into the murky political terrain, Mr. Ali advised Mr. Gumi to continue preaching to the youth to avoid any form of violence.

He advised Mr. Gumi to offer any advice he has personally to those concerned.

“You can see even if the cleric has a good intention on what he is doing, it is becoming a worrisome issue for him and even his family because he did not do it with wisdom,” Mr. Ali said.

He called on religious leaders to use their positions to preach to people to eschew violence and to also advise politicians to play politics with decorum
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173713-ive-received-threats-criticising-buhari-sheik-gumi.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
FTC again!!!!

TO OUR GALLANT SOLDIERS AND ALL LOVERS OF PEACE. ...I DEDICATE THIS. ..WE WILL DEFEAT BOKO.

I stand for good governance, I STAND FOR EMEKA IHEDIOHA! !! SAY no to tyranny and deceit'!!!!

Plus BUHARI is a general. ..before you criticise such a person you should consider the possible aftermath

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by temitemi1(m): 6:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
They want to silent pple in order for us nt to expose their evil deeds. Assemly of EVIL MINDS!! GEJ till 2019!!!

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
Not surprised.
The only thing they know is violence.
Go to the north and see how many r being silenced for life.
Hush,hush, if u r not for us, don't ever speak out or............we all know what will happen.

It still beat my imagination that its people from d south that carry this buhari thing for head.
Some folks in d north are too afraid to argue politically open with one another.
Parents warn their wards to be careful of what comes out from their mouth.
Christians there r now refugees in their own land.

If u want to know how bad things r,go to north east.
U will hate buhari and his supporters for life.

99 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by SuperModerator: 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mogidi:

Buhari's killing machine are already on standby even though we're still in 2014. Last time it was only 800, am sure his supporters would break that record next year.
GEJ's killing machine MEND is also on standby.

2015 will be full of violence regardless of whosoever wins

14 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Youngzedd(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
Welcome to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Firefire(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
what

1 Like

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
Why are people against Buhari so much?
Gumi should be allowed to speak his mind na!

Another FP? grin
Im on a roll!

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by duni04(m): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wonder how much Mr Gumi will b paid for this undecided

19 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by topearos(m): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
Okay
Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Simitrendy: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
LIIIIIIIIIIE tho FP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Prodeegee(m): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
;
Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Samsantos9: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
I see
Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by deejayterabyte(m): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
Give me one reason why i should believe this fool!

Am sure he just received his largesse from Uncle Jonathief, prompting this bunch of lies

All of una go hear am hot come feb 14

THIEVES

Sai Buhari

20 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by untainted: 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
There is no hope for democracy in this country if you can't voice an opinion.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by sambroose(m): 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
I smell a rat here ...................GEJ at work

6 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by kyrios: 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mogidi:

Buhari's killing machine are already on standby even though we're still in 2014. Last time it was only 800, am sure his supporters would break that record next year.
if Buhari was involve in BOKOHARAM brouhaha why cant he be arrested and prosecuted people like you just love typing trash incase you dont know fromanalysis GEJ govt has more ties to Bokoharm than buhari
FACT

if buhari is involve and it would stop the blood bath i would advice Nigerians to vote him

8 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by siraj1402(m): 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
Sheik!You need a little sleep.

10 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by oziegbe2015: 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
temitemi1:
They want to silent pple in order for us nt to expose their evil deeds. Assemly of EVIL MINDS!! GEJ till 2019!!!
u mean ur jobless ass recieved a threat message too.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
moca:
Not surprised.
The only thing they know is violence.
Go to the north and see how many r being silenced for life.
Hush,hush, if u r not for us, don't ever speak out or............we all know what will happen.

It still beat my imagination that its people from d south that carry this buhari thing for head.
Some folks in d north are too afraid to argue politically open with one another.
Parents warn their wards to be careful of what comes out from their mouth.
Christians there r now refugees in their own land.

If u want to know how bad things r,go to north east.
U will hate buhari and his supporters for life.

the number of muslims on refuge are much morethan that of christian.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by Firefire(m): 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
kyrios:
if Buhari was involve in BOKOHARAM brouhaha why cant he be arrested and prosecuted people like you just love typing trash incase you dont know fromanalysis GEJ govt has more ties to Bokoharm than buhari
FACT

if buhari is involve and it would stop the blood bath i would advice Nigerians to vote him

You just watch Out for Part II of the film "Boko Destroyer"... It shall be a TOTAL WAR
Re: I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi by dagentility(f): 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
If he like,let him threaten Gej supporters, aso rock will be in his wildest imagination.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Capture And Destroy 10 Boko Haram Camps In Sambisa / Aso Rock Policemen Protest "Discriminatory Allowance"- The Punch / Truth About US Report On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.