Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! (896 Views)

President Demands Explanation From Min Of Finance On diversion of Foreign Loan / Seized Bombs: Fg Demands Explanation From Iranian Envoy / Demand Explanation From Your Rep And Senetor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
I tried, earlier today, to post the topic below

Jonathan, Sambo To Spend N4
Billion On Food, Travels In 2015-
Daily Trust

but I was promptly banned by the antispam bot for five hours, funny enough the very same post is on the front page by another person! Why should it be like that?
Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by temitemi1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
We need to be sure if u are sending bomb to nairaland grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
MudRaker:

Copy pasting plagaristic non original content OPs like yourself are flagged as spam.
Thanks, but what I did is exactly whay the person who is on frontpage has done! I copied, pasted and gave the link to the source, is there any better way of doing it on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
temitemi1:
We need to be sure if u are sending bomb to nairaland grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!
What is paining me is that I was made to look like a criminal by the ban handed over to me, but surprisingly another person did same and she is being celebrated by having her post on frontpage!
Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by MudRaker: 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
Seun, if I may suggest, you should try to discourage members from opening a thread solely on recycled news articles.

Apart from the copyright infringement, it also does not add any value to the discuss and makes Nairaland look like a mirror board.

What should be encouraged is subjective threads citing or quoting external references.

As things are, Nairaland rarely provides OC ( original content) which makes it a 3rd tier forum.

1 Like

Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by MudRaker: 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2014
wazoboy:
Thanks, but what I did is exactly whay the person who is on frontpage has done! I copied, pasted and gave the link to the source, is there any better way of doing it on Nairaland?

The spambot took you for an automated spammer because you had been copy pasting on several threads prior to opening your own thread.
Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
MudRaker:

The spambot took you for an automated spammer because you had been copy pasting on several threads prior to opening your own thread.

Gosh, you guys are funny! I could not remember when I opened a tread last on Nairaland and I am always in politics or phone section!
U guys are just adding salt on injury
Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by DesChyko: 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
MudRaker:
Seun, if I may suggest, you should try to discourage members from opening a thread solely on recycled news articles. ..
As things are, Nairaland rarely provides OC ( original content) which makes it a 3rd tier forum.

I am telling you.
It surprises me how people are just hunting down news tidbits, hurling it on this site verbatim and simply quoting the source, advertising the source in that means.
And suddenly, it's on frontpage exactly as it appeared on the host site. Downright disgusting.
This is wrong. Articles should be 'read', 'examined', and presented in a way that suggests not only information, but conversationalism.
And also, freelance journalists and eyewitnesses with live photos should be encouraged and given frontseat.
Linda Ikeji should also patronize this site as much as this site patronizes hers.

1 Like

Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by MudRaker: 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
DesChyko:

I am telling you.
It surprises me how people are just hunting down news tidbits, hurling it on this site verbatim and simply quoting the source, advertising the source in that means.
And suddenly, it's on frontpage exactly as it appeared on the host site. Downright disgusting.
This is wrong. Articles should be 'read', 'examined', and presented in a way that suggests not only information, but conversationalism.
And also, freelance journalists and eyewitnesses with live photos should be encouraged and given frontseat.
Linda Ikeji should also patronize this site as much as this site patronizes hers.

This is the reason why propaganda works so well on Nairaland.

It is also safe to say that our media houses are highly jaundiced and as such much of what they provide as facts can be taken for propaganda.

Our task here is to ensure a healthy debate by filtering sentiments.

A headline captioned from the news article usually doubles as the thread tittle here. It is then shipped to the frontage without any vetting by the janitors on duty and from there it is taken as fact.
Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
The last person to comment on the post I was banned for is now the poster of the same topic on the frontpage, that is not actually my problem! My problem is, why should I be banned for five hours?
Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by MudRaker: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
wazoboy:
The last person to comment on the post I was banned for is now the poster of the same topic on the frontpage, that is not actually my problem! My problem is, why should I be banned for five hours?

The guy pulled strings to get you banned and then opened his own thread and asked it be moved to FP.

FTC no easy and there are those space booking dudes to contend with talk less of FP status even though Seun has ordered his janitors to mop threads to the front page in order to give nairaland a vibrant feel.

The guy wanted FP status before the year ran out.

Pele.
Re: I Need Explanation From Seun Or Any Of The Politics Mods!!! by Obinoscopy(m): 7:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wazoboy, please disregard whatever MudRaker is saying.

You were wrongly banned by the spambot. But you've been unbanned.

The reason why your thread didn't make FrontPage was because it wasn't presentable. You didn't format it in the way that is easily read by nairalanders. Consequently your thread couldn't generate much posts/participation from forum members.

Apologies, nonetheless. If you need further clarification, send me a PM.

(1)

10 Differences Between Gej And Gmb / Hollywood Stars Rebuke World Leaders For Neglecting Baga / The Relationship Between Jonathan And Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.